PDA

View Full Version : Ouninpohja is back!

DonJippo
5th January 2007, 21:25
Thanks to the new rules for this year NORF 2007 will have the king of all the stages back in it's full length http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/13449.html (article in finnish). There will be 23 stages and only 6 will be repeated, almost half of the stages have not been driven by current drivers before even though stages have been used in the past so lot of action to be seen... ;) Also there will be changes on Saturday so that afternoon service will be in Jämsä so expecting to have some old favourite stages back from Tampere area. Final route will be announced in March.

Tomi
5th January 2007, 21:35
Thats good news, it was stupid to split it in the first place, after all Petter did drive superrally doing the time.
Good that there is "new" stages, only 6 repeted is improvment too.

Donney
5th January 2007, 22:03
Yep, good news! :up:

J4MIE
5th January 2007, 23:03
Sounds good, very tempting! :up:

PuddleJumper
5th January 2007, 23:46
Let me guess, Ouninpohja will be one of the stages that is repeated. Great to have it back how it should be. I look forward to seeing some new stages and hope the format continues to be friendly to spectators who want to get to 3 stages on the Saturday. I presume Himos will be included again.

A.F.F.
6th January 2007, 00:17
This is a main example what might happen if fans get on barriades. AKK listened the fans this year and whooops, a change happened. Good job and very good news :up:

matSLO
6th January 2007, 09:13
If it is truth than it is fantastic, I just hope it won`t finish on papper like it was with upcoming MC. I really hope it is step in new future of rallying, and that other events will follow same changes as well.

janneppi
6th January 2007, 09:45
Also there will be changes on Saturday so that afternoon service will be in Jämsä so expecting to have some old favourite stages back from Tampere area. Final route will be announced in March.
Now, how far from Hervanta does the rally go then? If it's more than 15km, forget about it. :)

Viktory
6th January 2007, 13:35
Great news! Looking forward to August :)