PDA

View Full Version : Irritating Vocalists

MrJan
14th November 2007, 19:22
Why are there so many tw***y bands out there at the minute? The Hoosiers, James Blunt, James Morrison, Paulo Nutini, Nelly Furtado, My Chemical Romance, Plain White Ts, The Fratellis, Leona Lewis, Rhiannananana-anah-anah-eh-eh (eh? what? **** off), Jack Penate, Newton Faulkner, Sean Kingston and The Fray all really, really get on my t**s.

Some of the better stuff that is on daytime radio 1 includes Take That and the Sugababes which shows you how bad it is.

Seriously can everyone stop buying **** music please.

And no I won't switch over to radio 2 because Wogan is an overpaid waste of space (his show is created by the listeners), whatshisface scottish bloke is a nob, Jeremy Vine is an arrogant, condesending t*** and Steve Wright is a d***.

Erki
14th November 2007, 19:29
I like James Blunt.
I like Nelly Furtado.
I like Rihanna(but only with the eh-eh-ella-ah-oh-eh-so-good-don't-stop :p )

edited to add: someone should put Sean Kingston in fire. :hot:

jim mcglinchey
14th November 2007, 19:53
[

whatshisface scottish bloke is a nob,

You left Sarah Kennedy out of your list, but maybe you dont have to get up early......and I'll not hear a word against Ken Bruce.

What about The Boss's new one " Girls in their summer clothes....." instant classic!

Drew
14th November 2007, 20:29
Somebody got out of the wrong side of the bed.

But I'd like to add Kate Nash to the list.

BDunnell
14th November 2007, 20:33
Am I the only person on here who genuinely hasn't heard of most of the names in that list? I am aware of the Fratellis and James Blunt, but the rest — who?

Agree about Radio 2, though. I rarely hear it, but Wogan thinks he's funnier than he really is (as do his listeners) and Steve Wright has always been a witless idiot. Radio 4 and the World Service are the way to go.

MrJan
14th November 2007, 20:56
Somebody got out of the wrong side of the bed.

Nope just always quite moody about pop music :D

Sarah Kennedy is struck from the R2 list as I don't get up until 7:30. Ken Bruce is an arse, don't know why but I don't like him, I think it might be because I never get more than 3 answers right on popmaster ;) :D

CCFanatic
14th November 2007, 21:02
Am I the only person on here who genuinely hasn't heard of most of the names in that list? I am aware of the Fratellis and James Blunt, but the rest — who?

Agree about Radio 2, though. I rarely hear it, but Wogan thinks he's funnier than he really is (as do his listeners) and Steve Wright has always been a witless idiot. Radio 4 and the World Service are the way to go.

James Morrison sucks. Hey their Dalila Plain White T's sucks as well. Sean Kingston is like all other new Jamican singers, as they lack talent and sound like 12 year olds. My Chemical Romance is okay. The band I am in are using many of their songs. Not a fan, but will sing it for the money. They suck live. Nelly Furtado is better to look at than listen to. Same with Rihanna. Haven't listened to the others.

Brown, Jon Brow
14th November 2007, 21:07
Why are there so many tw***y bands out there at the minute? The Hoosiers, James Blunt, James Morrison, Paulo Nutini, Nelly Furtado, My Chemical Romance, Plain White Ts, The Fratellis, Leona Lewis, Rhiannananana-anah-anah-eh-eh (eh? what? **** off), Jack Penate, Newton Faulkner, Sean Kingston and The Fray all really, really get on my t**s.

Some of the better stuff that is on daytime radio 1 includes Take That and the Sugababes which shows you how bad it is.

Seriously can everyone stop buying **** music please.

And no I won't switch over to radio 2 because Wogan is an overpaid waste of space (his show is created by the listeners), whatshisface scottish bloke is a nob, Jeremy Vine is an arrogant, condesending t*** and Steve Wright is a d***.

Why not try Radio 3, it's all instrumental on there :p

Or just listen to Radio 1 in the morning when Chris Moyles is on, he never plays any music.

BDunnell
14th November 2007, 21:14
Or just listen to Radio 1 in the morning when Chris Moyles is on, he never plays any music.

I know your 'advice' wasn't aimed at me, but I would rather have my head gnawed off by a parrot than listen to him.

MrJan
14th November 2007, 21:18
Moyles has calmed down a lot recently and while I used to think he was worse than death I'd have to say that I don't mind him any more.

I get bored very very quickly of R3, classical music always seems pretentious to me and very inaccesible. A bit of Puccini is about all I can manage.

Brown, Jon Brow
14th November 2007, 21:22
I know your 'advice' wasn't aimed at me, but I would rather have my head gnawed off by a parrot than listen to him.

Harsh :laugh:

There are too many bands around at the moment who's name starts with 'The'.

And they all sound the same. 4/4 time signature, bass only playing root notes, guitar playing the 3 same chords over and over again, keyboardist just repeating a single chord over and over and lyrics about a 'lovely' girl.

I can't stand it :mad:

Why aren't creative musicians recognised?

BeansBeansBeans
14th November 2007, 21:56
Scouting For Girls are the worst band I've ever heard in my life. They're always on the radio / telly, and they make me envy the deaf.

Brown, Jon Brow
14th November 2007, 22:03
Scouting For Girls are the worst band I've ever heard in my life. They're always on the radio / telly, and they make me envy the deaf.

Couldn't agree more.

pino
14th November 2007, 22:05
James Blunt on top of my list, sorry :p :

BDunnell
14th November 2007, 22:20
Scouting For Girls are the worst band I've ever heard in my life. They're always on the radio / telly...

Are they? In the last week, I've watched Question Time, Newsnight, Have I Got News for You, QI, New Tricks, Murder, She Wrote, Inspector Morse and the thing with Professor Gunter von Hagens, and they haven't been on any of them.