PDA

View Full Version : Another O/T: Race of Champions

Chigley
13th November 2007, 23:15
Is anyone else going to the Race of Champions at Wembley on 15/16 December. I've just found out that I'm going ... marshalling.

I'm chuffed to bits to have been selected.

Ian
:s pin: :champion:

cgs
14th November 2007, 11:55
i'm thinking of going, but i'm not sure yet. the stadium is just a 30 minute walk from my house though!!!

Rusty Spanner
14th November 2007, 13:27
I'm going.

And its on my Birthday. How thoughtful of them.

JG Fan
14th November 2007, 15:17
I'm going for my first ROC!

LessThanSte
14th November 2007, 18:09
Went to the paris event in 2004, jimmie was there. Going this year too, though i havnt booked tix yet. And jimmies there. yay! :)

Sticker Rub
14th November 2007, 19:52
Is anyone else going to the Race of Champions at Wembley on 15/16 December. I've just found out that I'm going ... marshalling.

So the plastic surgery* was successful then Ian? :D

*marshals' in joke

Chigley
14th November 2007, 20:35

*marshals' in joke

It's all natural, talent and ability. Some have it others .............. :p

:D

deadsquirrel
15th November 2007, 08:35
Went to the paris event in 2004, jimmie was there. Going this year too, though i havnt booked tix yet. And jimmies there. yay! :)

Don't go to Paris! ;)

deadsquirrel
15th November 2007, 09:08

*marshals' in joke

no, they just found a large enough paper bag :)

cgs
15th November 2007, 13:15
looks like i won't be going afterall. i can't afford to spend £122 on 2 tickets right before xmas :(

why oh why didn't i book earlier and get the cheaper £25 tickets :(

SteveA
16th November 2007, 12:49
There might be a reduction in prices if its not selling well. Paris was much cheaper.

LessThanSte
16th November 2007, 16:32
The problem is, it does appear to be selling well. All the cheap tickets have gone anyway!

Currently trying to figure out what that Barclaycard offer is on about and get some that way!

truckmonster
16th November 2007, 19:48
Will be so sad without Colin McRae

racing59
16th November 2007, 23:23
I'd heard that it was already virtually sold out - only the big bucks stuff left.

The circuit will be down over a week before the event, so who knows a promoter with about £1M behind them to put on some 1/4mile oval activity before the main event?? Tongue is very firmly in cheek, however, money of that magnitude can corrupt almost anyone...

Rob.

SteveA
17th November 2007, 10:06
Well, Ticketmaster still lets you book 6 seats in a row on Level 3. Usually when these events are nearly sold out, you don't get contiguous blocks of seats like that, you end up with odd unfilled seats.

Chigley
4th December 2007, 09:38
Photos from the Press Day

RoC Press Day 2007 (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Chigley/RoC%20Press%20day%202007/)

shuz7
4th December 2007, 15:35

Ian
:s pin: :champion:

Tickets are all SOLD out.....

Abo
4th December 2007, 16:46
Seems a shame to waste an oval. Looks like Bristol with all them seats lol

SteveA
4th December 2007, 20:09
Tickets are all SOLD out.....

No they're not - plenty of £75 tickets available.

Monkey
5th December 2007, 00:45
paid for 2 but not here yet, cant wait to see Marcus Grönholm again last time he took the pizz out of me. ha ha

shuz7
5th December 2007, 10:52
No they're not - plenty of £75 tickets available.

Wish me and Rob had some money before Chriustmas to go. Never mind. Maybe next year....

johnnie
6th December 2007, 10:18
just bought 2 X £55.00 tickets. There seem to be tickets available at all prices above £35.00.

Regards Johnnie

shuz7
6th December 2007, 15:36
just bought 2 X £55.00 tickets. There seem to be tickets available at all prices above £35.00.

Regards Johnnie

Just spoken to the ticket line and all tickets are £79 each. Children are the same price. That would cost me £316. Wish I could afford it before Christmas.

Chigley
6th December 2007, 17:09
Just spoken to the ticket line and all tickets are £79 each. Children are the same price. That would cost me £316. Wish I could afford it before Christmas.

Leave the children with Rob and leg it on your own! :p

pettersolberg29
6th December 2007, 17:28
I managed to get two 75 quid ones for a Xmas present just to see the Solberg brothers.
It's becoming an obsession - I've travelled to Wales, Ireland and now Wembley to see Petter all the way from Brighton!! Over 500 quid in all and I'm not even working - still a student! Good ol' folks

fastbob
6th December 2007, 17:50
I managed to get two 75 quid ones for a Xmas present just to see the Solberg brothers.
It's becoming an obsession - I've travelled to Wales, Ireland and now Wembley to see Petter all the way from Brighton!! Over 500 quid in all and I'm not even working - still a student! Good ol' folks

Are you a stalker!!!!!!!!

You don't wanna see my bill .... I bought 16 tickets!!

pettersolberg29
6th December 2007, 18:00
Am I a stalker? I'm finding it harder to argue against people who ask that after recent events!

16 tickets - all for the ROC - correct me if I'm wrong but is that over 500 quid on ONE event? Now that is loyalty to sport!

Tractorboy.
6th December 2007, 18:15
He brought them for us lot!! Should be a good day!!

SteveA
12th December 2007, 10:33
Anyone going - have a great time, but if you're considering taking a camera make sure its just a point-and-shoot, because professional camera equipment is explicitly prohibited:

http://www.wembleystadium.com/events/ProhibitedItems/

Chigley
14th December 2007, 09:37
Anyone going - have a great time, but if you're considering taking a camera make sure its just a point-and-shoot, because professional camera equipment is explicitly prohibited:

http://www.wembleystadium.com/events/ProhibitedItems/

Please note this thread from "The other place"

------------------------------------------------------------

Following on from the earlier query about cameras at this event I found this reply on the Club Arnage forum'

Well I e mailed both Wembley and the organisers IMP, and I must have appealed to their common sense and got the following reply from Wembley. So all being well I can now take in my proper camera on Sunday. I will of course be taking a copy of the email with me in case I run into any issue with security on the day though.

Thank you for your email regarding the use of cameras at the Race of Champions Event.

This has been discussed between Wembley Stadium and the Race of Champion organisers and given the nature of the Event, have decided to allow cameras into the Stadium.

Our Ground Regulations currently prohibit the use of ‘Professional cameras & recording devises’. Under this regulation and for all other Events, we only permit small, automatic, digital cameras inside the Stadium.

Please note that for this event we will be slightly relaxing this Ground Regulation. However we will not permit any sort of camera stand/tripod and/or excessive amounts of Photographic Equipment due to space limitations and Safety measures within the seating areas.

However please also note that our Turnstile Staff retain the right to refuse entry to any prohibited items.

We hope you will have a fantastic time at the Stadium for what is promised to be a very exciting event.

Regards

Customer Service Team

racing59
14th December 2007, 18:43
So the 600mm lense and monopod with the Nikon D1 and a large rucksack of accessories will be frowned on then?

I'd take my Sigma SD9 and 28-300 AF-zoom - no pro would be seen dead with one of those !!!!! (even if they do take such lovely pics!)

Not that I'm going mind.....

Rob.

Chigley
20th December 2007, 13:56
Here are my pictures from the weekend.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Chigley/Race%20of%20Champions%202007/

Sticker Rub
20th December 2007, 18:41
Mind your tongue when you shut the door http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Chigley/Race%20of%20Champions%202007/IMG_0175.jpg

JovialJooles
21st December 2007, 11:21
Mind your tongue when you shut the door http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Chigley/Race%20of%20Champions%202007/IMG_0175.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

hicksy
21st December 2007, 12:17
Nice photos Chigley. Being a marshal definitely has its advantages.

Chigley
21st December 2007, 22:58
Nice photos Chigley. Being a marshal definitely has its advantages.

I don't know what you mean! ;)

The solution is easy. :)

Glen 320
22nd December 2007, 15:09
What did people who went think of the action?
I watched it on sky, the racing was ok but the programme was a bit too much of a schumacher love in for my taste.

ascarmarshal
22nd December 2007, 19:58
I went to Wembley and was disappointed. Not in the racing which was good but in the venue. The prices were way to high (chicken and chips and 1 cup of coffee £8.70). The seat I had was good one. Up in level 5 overlooking the last corner.

Did I enjoy the event? Yes. Would I go again? No unless the prices come down a lot

earnhardt8
22nd December 2007, 20:41
We went to the Race of Champions and really enjoyed the event, didnt think the food was anymore overpriced than Rockingham or theme parks etc,.

We sat in level 1 near to the start/finish line and we're happy with out seats, on problem we had was with Ticketmaster splitting up our party of 7 (and selling us the wrong tickets, and not giving us front row seats like they told we had when we booked them!!).

We will definatley go next year if the event is held at either Wembley or Paris.