PDA

View Full Version : Dublin

Magnus
13th November 2007, 18:41
So, going to Ireland for the first time, and staying in Dublin for two nights on the way to Sligo and the rally: what to see, where to eat and where to have that pint?
Suggestions?
Other tips on Dublin?

Drew
13th November 2007, 19:51
Wow, everybody is travelling or planning to travel, nice!

All I know is that Temple Bar is where all the bars are, so is presumably a good place in the evening.

I've been to Dublin once for a few hours and I only got to see Temple Bar area, seemed like quite a nice place :)

Erki
13th November 2007, 19:59
Wow, everybody is travelling or planning to travel, nice!

That was what I was thinking too when I saw this thread. :) Long live holiday season. :D

RaikkonenRules
13th November 2007, 20:38
I went to Dublin for 2 days a few weeks ago. Temple Bar is the most popular area. There's a pizza place called Milano which is litterally Pizza Express with a different name. Even got the same logo. :p :

Don't forget to visit Guiness Brewery :beer:

Thor
13th November 2007, 21:21
Mojos is situated on Abbey Street, on the northside of the city. As you enter, you find yourself in a distinctive Irish style of pub with the wooden look. There is also an upstairs section which would look after any overflow of crowds downstairs. The service is good by the friendly barstaff and the pints are excellent and even better now that they are only € 3.. It also has a small outdoor seating area during the day. The pub also offers a range of food, and with the music playing in the background, it gives a good atmosphere in which to have a chat and a laugh with friends any time of the day, any day of the week.

Mojo's
Abbey Hotel
Middle Abbey Street
Dublin 1

Thor
13th November 2007, 21:23
The Oliver St.John Gogarty is situated on the corner of Fleet Street and Anglesea Street in the centre of Temple Bar. It offers a good lively atmosphere with music filling the air - both Irish and the latest sounds. A live 'Irish' band plays upstairs at the weekend. The service is grand but the pint is very expensive. The pub can fill up quickly but this adds to the sing-song and craic. Upstairs, there is a nightly Live Trad session which is a great spot to hear all your favourite Trad tunes. The Oliver St.John Gogarty's is a late bar at the weekend and you usually get ordered out about 2.

Oliver St.John Gogartys

Oliver St.John Gogartys
Temple Bar
Dublin 2

Magnus
14th November 2007, 05:32
Many thanks Thor!

Mark
14th November 2007, 09:57
Temple Bar is great but overpriced. There is a nice pub at the north end of O'Connel St which is nice. Claims to be the oldest in Dublin.

Dave B
14th November 2007, 11:36
Temple Bar is, as many have said, the best area for nightlife but a tad overpriced. Make an effort to seek out a quiet local pub and experience a real pint of properly-poured Guinness :beer:

jim mcglinchey
14th November 2007, 15:41
The whole country is overpriced...bring loads of money.

SOD
14th November 2007, 19:52
Temple Bar is great but overpriced. There is a nice pub at the north end of O'Connel St which is nice. Claims to be the oldest in Dublin.

The pub is called Conways, I like that place. a great pint of guinness.

a hot chocolate at Butler's choclate shop , Nassau St (near trinity college & grafton st) is a must.