PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Turkey prices

Brown, Jon Brow
12th November 2007, 21:21
You may know about the rise in grain prices throughout the world, well its going to hit you this Christmas when it comes to turkeys. We have just got the order sheets at work and it doesn't make for pheasant reading. Nearly £40 for a half decent size, £80odd for a big organic free range one :s

Maybe we will have beef instead ;)

veeten
12th November 2007, 23:21
well, you can always come across the pond. Low, low prices on turkeys at a lot of the supermarkets here, just in time for the Thanksgiving/Christmas season. :)

mmmmmm... Turkey and dressing. :lips: :D

Drew
12th November 2007, 23:23
And how much were prices last year?

Brown, Jon Brow
12th November 2007, 23:34
Not that much ;)

J4MIE
13th November 2007, 02:05
It's like petrol prices... you gotta pay it.

Gotta be served with lashings of bread sauce too, that's what I look forward to most at Christmas now (that and Christmas music being over for another 11 months).

Roamy
13th November 2007, 05:20
well Turkey's are cheap right now but they will go up drastically. All the grain and other **** we can grow is soon going to be converted to ethanol. It has already began and I just hope we put a surtax on anything we sell to the islams. They can't eat oil and many of us have the real resource the world needs. FOOD - so get real FOOD or OIL lets get the price down. Or put a 500 dollar tax on Microsoft and Linux. Key the serial num of the computer to the software release so no cheating and then see what happens. The islams produce nothing but oil and feel they can virtually set any price and we (notice I said we - that includes you euros) give them all of life;s necessities while they shove the gas hose up our asses. Wake up. How much to the Islams give to foreign aid?

tannat
13th November 2007, 16:33
Here is why:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7091284.stm

Looks as if bird flu has hit the UK turkey market again.. (also February 2007)

Dave B
13th November 2007, 16:50
I don't care, turkey's not nice and I shall be having either duck or quail :facelick:

BDunnell
13th November 2007, 17:02
I don't care, turkey's not nice and I shall be having either duck or quail :facelick:

Lovely. For another suggestion, I am reminded of a line from a particularly vitriolic letter we received at my previous place of work:

"Having just paid a king's ransom for a GOOSE for my Christmas dinner, and various other items..."

Brown, Jon Brow
13th November 2007, 21:07

Not just turkeys that will be expensive, all poultry :p

airshifter
13th November 2007, 23:17
Not just turkeys that will be expensive, all poultry :p

Our turky will probably cost right about the same price as it did last year.

Nothing. :D

Even if for some reason we do have to actually buy one this year, they are fairly cheap over here in the US.