PDA

View Full Version : BTCC Drivers on Top Gear

ATF
12th November 2007, 11:25
BBC2’s hugely popular Top Gear show on Sunday 11 November is expected to include a whacky motorhome race around a stock car oval involving a group of BTCC racers and presenter Richard Hammond. We’re keeping tight-lipped on the outcome except to say that one of them, with a little help from a friend, manages to roll his vehicle. Oh dear…

Was it on last night, didn't see all of it but I don't think so?!

Also Tonight with Trevor McD is with JP (on December 11th), check out this article:
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=787&month=0&year=2007&form=&searchterm=

inimitablestoo
12th November 2007, 12:09
Not last night, but then they have been fairly loose with some of the features and which show they're going to be in this series...

I did see the Toyota Aygo Football edition again on Dave at the weekend though, and that featured some BTCC drivers. (That's Dave the TV station, as opposed to Mr Brockman or anyone else, for anyone who hasn't caught up with the new name for UKTVG2 yet)

Dave B
12th November 2007, 14:36
I am the home of witty banter, didn't you know? :p

cos
12th November 2007, 15:30
Looks like they'll be on next week:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/nextepisode.shtml

ATF
12th November 2007, 17:08
Cheers guys, will try to remember!

I did see the Toyota Aygo Football edition again on Dave at the weekend though, and that featured some BTCC drivers. (That's Dave the TV station, as opposed to Mr Brockman or anyone else, for anyone who hasn't caught up with the new name for UKTVG2 yet)

I vaguely remember that, which drivers were on - Neal? Eaves? Who else?

Have any other drivers been on before?

inimitablestoo
13th November 2007, 20:17
Neal and Eaves, plus Chilton and Harvey (James made a reference to Tim starting his career in about 1842) and some non-touring car people; obviously the Swifts, Russ and Paul, were natural choices given their autotest/stunt driving background.

RaikkonenRules
13th November 2007, 20:44
Neal and Eaves, plus Chilton and Harvey (James made a reference to Tim starting his career in about 1842) and some non-touring car people; obviously the Swifts, Russ and Paul, were natural choices given their autotest/stunt driving background.

Rob Huff was in it too. ;) SCSA driver Ben Collins was the reminaining driver.

DazzlaF1
13th November 2007, 23:41
There was the MPV race they were in as well, that included Harvey, Huff, Neal, Chilton and Reid

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzt2DoHqJHI

ATF
15th November 2007, 14:30
I've just found the Aygo football clip:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=flKzjuDhFDs

And this article is on btcc.net:
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=800&PHPSESSID=f8c39317cdef208a24d7d16370ec53d8

BeansBeansBeans
15th November 2007, 14:37
SCSA driver Ben Collins was the reminaining driver.

I think you'll find Ben Collins is on Top Gear quite a lot ;)

SEATFreak
15th November 2007, 15:34
The Stig????? :p :

SEATFreak
19th November 2007, 18:54
Well...I have never laughed so much in all my life! Brilliant bit of TG racing! :laugh:

Still....I rekon we have found Chilton's niche motorsport; the motorsport where he can finally beat Neal. To come second in a one-off novelty race when he only came second ONCE in thirty attempts I think has quite a funny side. Even then he found himself trailling a veteran who hasn't raced since 2004 in a much smaller little red Toyota number. :laugh:

I hope we have many more during the close season.

I wonder what TG can race next?

Steelrat
19th November 2007, 19:33
Still....I rekon we have found Chilton's niche motorsport; the motorsport where he can finally beat Neal. To come second in a one-off novelty race when he only came second ONCE in thirty attempts I think has quite a funny side. Even then he found himself trailling a veteran who hasn't raced since 2004 in a much smaller little red Toyota number. :laugh:

What *are* you on about?

P

SEATFreak
19th November 2007, 20:07
What *are* you on about?

P

It says somethere in this thread about it. You may have to look.

I don't know if you are aware but on Top Gear (a motoring orientated show that has run for many years) broadcast on Sunday night, a bunch of BTCC drivers (Mat Jackson, Mat Neal, Tom Chilton and Anthony Reid) and Richard Hammond and James May (two of the presenters) raced a load of motorhomes.

Anthony Reid in a small red Toyota (which was more a van than a motorhome) won the race with Tom Chilton in a much larger and longer vehicle in second.

Can I ask you what *you* were on about?

Steelrat
19th November 2007, 20:47
Can I ask you what *you* were on about?

I-was-(I'm typing this slowly so even a plank like you can understand)-replying-to-your-moronic-comments-about-Chilton.

Let's see. What alternatives do we have? Ah, I know ....

"I can see why Neal didn't win this year. Can't even win in a novelty race".
"No Darren Turner? He must have stalled it before he got there".
"Poor old Anthony Reid. 3 years out and the only drive he can get".
"Dear me, Chilton came second in a one-off novelty race when he only came second ONCE in thirty attempts".

Oops ... the last one was paraphrasing yours ... about as witty and cutting as the previous 3.

To put it simply (for you) ...THERE IS NO COMPARISON!!! It was a laugh, a joke and and you really shouldn't try and make asinine comments when you are not fully aware of what went on last season.

You're a troll, really, aren't you? Come on, 'fess up ...

P

Brown, Jon Brow
19th November 2007, 21:08
Who was it that got flipped over on the finish line?

SEATFreak
20th November 2007, 09:03
Who was it that got flipped over on the finish line?

Looked like Mat Neal.

SEATFreak
20th November 2007, 12:34
I-was-(I'm typing this slowly so even a plank like you can understand)-replying-to-your-moronic-comments-about-Chilton.

Maybe that explains why my acting has been called wooden! :p :

"I can see why Neal didn't win this year. Can't even win in a novelty race".
"No Darren Turner? He must have stalled it before he got there".
"Poor old Anthony Reid. 3 years out and the only drive he can get".
"Dear me, Chilton came second in a one-off novelty race when he only came second ONCE in thirty attempts".

I never said any of those things. Are you sure you haven't been at the vodka? :p : :laugh:

Oops ... the last one was paraphrasing yours ... about as witty and cutting as the previous 3.

Paraphrasing? I see you have been reading my dictionary of long words again?. :p :

To put it simply (for you) ...THERE IS NO COMPARISON!!! It was a laugh, a joke and and you really shouldn't try and make asinine comments when you are not fully aware of what went on last season.

I wasn't comparing anything. I am fully aware it was a joke and a laugh. They seemed to enjoy the ocassion. So I don't know what you thought my feelings were on the race. Furthemore what happened last season was furthest from my mind.

You're a troll, really, aren't you? Come on, 'fess up ...

No. But I am close cousin of the Hunchback of Notre Dame. :p :

jackmarsh
20th November 2007, 13:00
why do all threads with Seatfreak in them descend into chaos??

It was Matt Neal that rolled after a hit from Mat Jackson.

Dave B
20th November 2007, 13:02
As usual :p

SEATFreak
20th November 2007, 13:05

How did Jackson do in the race?

jackmarsh
20th November 2007, 13:49
I would imagine he finished 5th. Reidy won it, then TC, then Hammond, followed by Matt Neal and Mat Jackson and last but by no means least James May.

Great viewing.

SEATFreak
20th November 2007, 15:40
I would imagine he finished 5th. Reidy won it, then TC, then Hammond, followed by Matt Neal and Mat Jackson and last but by no means least James May.

Great viewing.

I agree. I thought it had good entertainment value and I am sure everyone enjoyed the day.

Though convincing Steelrat of that thought of it may prove a tad on the impossible side. :laugh:

Ayone got any newly painted wall they can watch whilst I do try and convince said member? :laugh: