PDA

View Full Version : Testing in Barcelona Tues - Thurs

passmeatissue
11th November 2007, 12:53
One of the things I am looking forward to seeing, when testing starts next week, is whether Bourdais will show it was wrong to keep him out of F1 all this time, or whether it is still true that being a star in the US doesn't mean you can cut it in F1. Hopefully TR will run both him and Vettel, to give an idea.

Also, who will be where at the front, out of Ferrari, McLaren, Renault and BWM. And Red Bull. Hybrid 2007/8 cars I know, but I suspect Fernando and Carlos Ghosn will be watching...

petrolhead ben
11th November 2007, 13:59
I think STR have got a good looking driver line up for next season. Vettel has impressed since he replaced scott speed, especially in the wet races at fuji (until he hit webber of course) and china where he came 4th. Bourdais sounds exciting and is certainly good in champ cars, but guys who make the switch to f1 from the US tend to struggle. Certainly history would suggest that so lets wait and see.

Schnell
11th November 2007, 17:35
If only testing was really just back to back testing of drivers, or just drivers in new cars!

Unofficial testing is impossible to read that way, teams will be testing stuff to aquire data for 2008. Most will be sans TC, but some may still use it, for the rookies, you just can't tell.

Drivers even new ones are just 'shoes' these days, many of whom are just there as obligations for various teams partners. The days of new up and coming drivers whizzing around trying to impress everyone, as in the days of Mansell etc are looooonnnngggg gone sadly!