PDA

View Full Version : First record you remember?

KILOHMUNNS
11th November 2007, 11:31
Going on from your first memory, what is the first song you really remember?

I was in the back of my Dad's silver Cortina on holiday somewhere (burning the backs of my legs on the plastic seats as it was a hot day!!)and can remember Ian Dury and the Blockheads "hit me with your rhymn stick" coming on the radio. This song still stick in the memory and still brings back memories whenever I hear it.

Donney
11th November 2007, 12:30
It has to be Sultans of swing in the back seat of my Dad's car going to some rally when I was 5.

Erki
11th November 2007, 13:09
Something from Shakespears Sisters(sp?), can't remember the song name. 90's rock. :)

SEATFreak
11th November 2007, 15:43
The first record? I don't think I ever heard and LP when I was young. When my auntie died we took most if not all her LP's (stuff like Matt Monroe) and her player but that wasn't really in my childhood.

but I seem to recall I was with my mum and nana at nans house and we decided to go out instead of stopping in. We went to a pub very near to nans home and I had a lemonade or a coca-cola and I asked nana to put on I Want to Break Free by Queen on the Jukebox they had.

gadjo_dilo
12th November 2007, 07:17
I remember the day when my cousin bought a pick up and 2 records. One was " indian music from movies " and included the famous hit "Awaramu" ( I'm a tramp ) and the other was a brazilian song with the chorus " Brigitte Bardot, Bardot/ Brigitte, beijo, beijo ".
I can still hum them. :laugh:

gofastandwynn
12th November 2007, 19:21
I remember my parents used to play Sting's "Nothing Like the Sun..." album in the car all of the time when I was a kid. I must have been the only tape the had in the car for a year or so.

A.F.F.
12th November 2007, 20:38
My first record as far as I can remember was to stuff five donut in my mouth at the age of five :up:

Oh, you meant like lps....

Erki
12th November 2007, 21:03
My first record as far as I can remember was to stuff five donut in my mouth at the age of five :up:

Oh, you meant like lps....

Mine was to swallow three marinated pumpkin cubes(I hope you know what I mean) at once without chewing. :cool:

donKey jote
12th November 2007, 22:29
Burt Bacharach, Leonard Cohen, Simon & Garfunkel, Neil Diamond, and Smetana's Moldava
Can't remember which was first though :p :
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

jso1985
12th November 2007, 22:42
I think it was some Mecano song as my sister used to like it a lot when I was 4-5 years old

schmenke
12th November 2007, 23:08
I remember listening to Sweet City Woman by the Stampeders on AM radio at the cottage.

(Um... yes, AM radio... :erm: )

millencolin
13th November 2007, 12:45
i remember listening to that michael jackson song 'black or white'

the first cd i ever owned was Regurgitator's brilliant second album called UNIT

ArrowsFA1
13th November 2007, 12:49
The Beatles - 'Strawberry Fields Forever' on Ed "Stewpot" Stewart's Junior Choice radio show :p (I'm old!)

Thor
13th November 2007, 21:29
The Beatles = Help

stevie_gerrard
13th November 2007, 22:35
I think mine was American Pie, Don Mclean version, which is why i like it so much :)