PDA

View Full Version : Your first memories from childhood?

jens
10th November 2007, 10:14
So, the thread title says it all I hope. :)

What's the first moment you can remember from your life?

After some thinking I can recall myself being in my summer cottage and walking around under the trees at the age of 3. :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
10th November 2007, 13:02
I have lots of memories from when I was very young but I can't remember what order they come in.

pino
10th November 2007, 13:20
I was 3 ( my Mum told me ) on a train, on our way to visit some friends in South Italy. For most of the time the train was running so close to the sea that I tought we would fall in it...that was a very scared trip and moment for me :s

Drew
10th November 2007, 18:07
A friend of mine that studies Psychology told me that your first memory never really happened, you subconciously made it up.

Anyway, my first memory was at pre-school. I remember me and my cousin racing each other down a path in toy cars. I'm pretty sure it happened because I crashed into a tree, hurt myself and got told off :p :

tinchote
10th November 2007, 18:41
A friend of mine that studies Psychology told me that your first memory never really happened, you subconciously made it up.

My wife has a degree in Psychology and she says that you should never believe what psychologists say :D

Anyway, when I finished my first year of kindergarten at 3, two things happened: we moved, and I started going to kindergarten at a new place. The two things combined make it very easy for me to recognize which memories are from before 4 years old. I have many memories of the apartment where I lived until I was 3 (and I never entered it again), and I also have many memories of that first year of kindergarten at 3. Some scenes within the school, and a few birthday parties.

SEATFreak
10th November 2007, 19:35
Gee whizz. This is possibly the most difficult question I have had to answer. I can remember stuff I did when I was a child but cannot remember how old I was at the time.

I remember quite a bit of times from school though.

I remember one day at Primary School we had a day when us kids and the teachers all dressed up in Victorian clothes and I was piggy-in-the-middle for a game of it and I remember all the kids and teachers were walking round in a circle (with hands held) round me. I felt a little intimodated.

In Secondary school (it was recently demolished and a new one built closer to the road I used to go to a nearby Secondary school to do my swimming certificate but their was a lady attendant who was like Scary Mary from the Phones 4 U ad. Very big and intimodating.
We also planted trees in the corner at the end of the driveway one day. I hope when the JCB's moved in they left the trees alone! :eek:

But the earliest ever was in pre-school. In a peddle car I knocked over a tower of building blocks some girls made. I would never do anything like that of course now. I didn't know any better.

I could go on about my days at school. But needless to say Comprehensive was a different ball game as I entered my teens so it is best I end here.

Pawprint
10th November 2007, 21:12
There are a couple if I thought about it, but the plainest is when I was about 4 when I knocked myself out on the front step.

LeonBrooke
10th November 2007, 21:23
I remember crawling down a carpeted hallway in our flat in Wellington. We left Wellington when I was three so I'm not sure how real that memory is.

From when I was a bit older, when we just moved up to Auckland, I remember my brother visiting quite a few times, I have some vague memories of preschool.

futuretiger9
11th November 2007, 10:53
The oddest, seemingly most trivial things tend to stick in one's mind from childhood. My earliest memory is of being pushed down our steep driveway in my pram by my mother on a cold day, when I was about three years old.

KILOHMUNNS
11th November 2007, 11:27
Playing at my Nursery spings to mind. Outside on one of those trundle cars going around a made up road.

Erki
11th November 2007, 13:16
My whole life so far has been extremely uneventful, so I can't have any real memories. I do remember just general life. :s Around the years 91-92 or so. I was 4 or 5 then, so I don't know what the heck I was doing those first 4 years. :\

donKey jote
11th November 2007, 14:22
My first memories are from when I was 4 or 5 (I remember the age because we were in Australia): our clothes line, which I used to climb; a bottle-brush bush in the garden I used to climb in; the climbing frame in the school. Bit of a monkey donkey me :D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

SEATFreak
11th November 2007, 15:01
One particular memory of childhood outside of school that I can remember is the holiday.

We had a white Datsun Cherry that we had in the earlu 80's that I loved. This hoilday we went to a cottage by a Loch in Scotland (Maben I think). The car had it's own little car parking area outside the cottage. We had a dinghy and one day dad took it out and fell overboard. I was upset but my mum was pissing herself laughing.

Another holiday was spent in a hotel in Goathland (Before Heartbeat started).

Another was spent in a small Inn in Middleton-Teesdale called the Moorcock Inn. The owners had their own tiny shop that sold wool clothing. The new owners took it over in 2005 so things may be different now. Their was a huge TV screen and I remember watching a Transformers epidode. I also remember playing with my Optimus Prime figure and losing the head. I was really sad for having lost it.

Holidays were the best part of all about my childhood.

leopard
12th November 2007, 05:22
When I was 2 yearish I knew my grandmother was taking care of me when felt something flabbier than usual in my mouth as my mother couldn't be nearby me all day long.

lilmelvschilton
13th November 2007, 11:05
mine was when i was about 2, we had a family holiday n i dived into the swimming pool fully clothed, also whilst i was on that holiday i went n jumped in the waves n i had me uncle chasing me lol god those were the days :D

millencolin
13th November 2007, 12:42
I was about 4... in preschool. Our preschool was on a pretty steep hill, i was in this barrel and thought it would be a good idea to roll down the hill in it... pity there was a concrete wall at the bottom of the hill... was fun though!

stevie_gerrard
13th November 2007, 22:32
Me and my housemates were having a discussion about this the other day. Mine was fighting with my brother so we cud play in some toy car we had and be pushed around and stuff :p : i think i was 4 at the time.