PDA

View Full Version : Stupid injuries you've had

Hazell B
9th November 2007, 19:23
Have you even hurt yourself doing so something utterly stupid?

Last week I managed to get stabbed by a hedge (no, don't even ask :rolleyes: ) while a neighbouring farmer stood chatting to me. In the end I had to remove a very sharp thorny twig from my own arm while the farmer went all wobbly and grey-faced :mark: Of course the following day the whole arm was a swollen mess, so I had to own up to my lack of gorm to all who asked what'd happened.

However, on telling my sorry tale I heard so many equally pathetic stories of woe. Broken arms from bike wheel spokes, broken legs from jumping off rooves, forks in tongues and even a cracked skull from a comedy fencing incident.

Don't worry, if you've ever harpooned your foot and sunk your own boat, you are not alone ;)

LeonBrooke
9th November 2007, 21:36
I once hit myself in the head with a hammer during a woodwork class at school. The first I realised I'd done myself any harm by it was when I was rubbing my head and felt something wet. I had a look at my hand and saw blood!

I wasn't that badly hurt - the school nurse just cleaned it up and dressed it and was fine. Embarrassed, but fine...

J4MIE
9th November 2007, 21:55
Does it still count if nobody else saw it happen? :D

Mark
9th November 2007, 22:26
I once sucked a battery and had to go to hospital to have it removed! But I was only 5.

BDunnell
9th November 2007, 23:09
Mine was induced while go-karting at the Nürburgring.

GridGirl
10th November 2007, 01:39
I danced so much tonight my feet are killing me. Thats will feel pretty stupid tomorrow when I can hardly walk.

My stupidest injury was when I was a kid. I had my birthday party at Mr Wimpy. Mr Wimpy was so fat when I went to meet him that we both couldn't fit through a doorway. My fingers ended up being trapped in the door and were cut so bad you could see the bone. I cried for the rest of my party and never had a party at a fast food place again.

CCFanatic
10th November 2007, 01:50
I dislocated my left shoulder taking a tight t-shirt off. It just poped right out.

Daniel
10th November 2007, 09:51
Caroline just dropped a tube of xxl pringles on her big toe. She couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry so did both :laugh: :bigcry:

jens
10th November 2007, 10:09
My knee joint has been dislocated for twice in quite innocent situations (although I was sporting on both occasions). Probably not everything is right there and I'm afraid that sooner or later it will happen again. :s

Camelopard
10th November 2007, 11:12
Nearly took the end of one of my fingers doing something very silly with one of those knives where you snap the blade off, by jiminies they are sharp!

Erki
10th November 2007, 13:42
I smashed the back of my hand and fingers against a table some 6 or 7 times a couple of months ago. Some 10 minutes after I had done it, I noticed that the middle knuckle of my middle finger was like twice its normal size. Subsidized fairly quickly though - it was pretty much normal the next day. The only thing is that a bone in my finger kinda sticks out now.

schmenke
10th November 2007, 19:18
I once nearly chopped my index finger off with an electric hedge trimmer :mark:
Only realised it happened when I saw blood and wondered where it was coming from :mark:

KILOHMUNNS
11th November 2007, 11:20
Got a pea stuck up my nose once! Was was only little!"

Lost part of a finger in a car door. Serves me right though as I was throwing Jelly Babies at someone in the car so they shut the door on me, unfortunately my finger was still there. Had to laugh later as the side of my mates car has nice blood streak marks down it (it was a windy day and blew the blood from my finger!!)

306 Cosworth
11th November 2007, 22:08
I broke some cartlidge off my knee and had to have key hold surgery on it after I ran into a fat kid at school when playing football, my knee was 3x the size normal for ages and when all the fluid was drained out of it, it was quite fun to watch it shrink :p :

Andrewmcm
12th November 2007, 00:40
I fell off a skateboard and broke my arm. I was 24. And had previosuly quaffed a few beverages in the evening. The triage nurse at A&E thought I was a bit of a clown...

leopard
12th November 2007, 05:35
It left sign in my left hand. I urged to do the same thing as my uncle who was grafting cassava using knife.

I like gardening since I was child :)

gadjo_dilo
12th November 2007, 07:33
I was heating some wax and I threw another solid piece in the pot forgetting that I've already had a serious liquefated amount. The boiling wax splashed on the stove and on my thumb. It was a nightmare to remove it and my skin was gone with the wax. The next day I went on holiday at the seaside and I had to treat the injury all the time.

slinkster
12th November 2007, 16:24
I get covered in mystery bruises all the time... I have NO idea where they come from, but I guess I must do all sorts of damage to myself without even realising.

I've not had any serious injuries relating to silliness, however while doing the washing up the other day I turned round to see my boyfriend doubled over in pain after managing to punch HIMSELF in the groin while over-vigourously drying a saucepan! Hilarious.

fandango
12th November 2007, 17:12
Unpacking flatpack furniture a few months ago resulted in the cutter I was using going right into my flesh just above my knee. Felt like when you cut into a good steak.

Easy Drifter
12th November 2007, 18:07
Broke a toe kicking a muffler jammed into the ground.
Cutting an aquarium apart with the single sided razor blade held in a pair of vice grips. Blade broke and sliced the back of my hand. Probably should of had stiches. Put bandage on it and put gloves on and went back to work. Guess who had written a published article on aquarium repair stressing wearing gloves. I was writing for 2 magazines then.
Considering I have built about 50 aquariums, repaired 60 or so, cut apart over 100 and drilled over 200 that isn't too bad.

Rollo
12th November 2007, 22:04
I was skipping school when I was 12 and got hit by a car. I literally hit the bonnet and flew over the top of the car, as it must have been doing 25mph.

I went to hospital and they asked who my contact person was and I told them mum knowing full well that I'd skipped school. The first thing I heard coming over the telephone was: "What are you doing you little *******?!"

I don't know which was worse: lascerations of mum's ear-bashing

millencolin
13th November 2007, 12:37
I've had a fair few injuries back when i used to skate a lot, ive given up now cause my knee gave way too many times...

The worst i've had was when my knee dislocated when i was doing a 180tailstall on the top of a 8ft concrete pipe... yeah i fell straight onto the flat on my back. was knocked out for a couple of minutes. so i had a busted knee, extremely sore back (very VERY surprised i didnt break a rib/vertebrae), stuffed up right shoulder, jarred my elbow and smashed my head.

I've busted my balls a few times to, either via indoor cricket or skateboarding

It's a shame my knee has stuffed up, i miss skateboarding