PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon?

wedge
9th November 2007, 13:06
Who deserves to be crowned champion?

Regardless of points system, both are worthy champs but I think Jimmie Johnson deserves it most on recent performances. Perhaps he stole the 'refuse to lose' mojo off the #24! :P

BenRoethig
9th November 2007, 19:06
Jeff.

harvick#1
9th November 2007, 19:42
hmmm, lose, lose.

I'll say Jimmie, but I don't like him, so I'll go with Jeff, no wait, I don't like him neither,

I say Bowyer :D

Jonesi
9th November 2007, 21:22
Jeff, but they're so close ability & points. I think championship will come down to something out of their control, tire goes flat, bad pit stop, caught up in someone elses accident, etc.

djparky
10th November 2007, 11:51
as a long time supporter of the 24 car I'd prefer to see Jeff win, but I think Johnson has got the momentum now and will end up winning overall

DavePI2
10th November 2007, 14:27
whoever gets the call

MD24
10th November 2007, 16:31
Super G

Sparky1329
10th November 2007, 16:36
I think Jeff wil figure out a way to get it done.

RaceFanStan
10th November 2007, 17:06
I absolutely detest Johnson, so I have to go with Jeff Gordon ...
it would be terrible if Jeff Gordon was robbed again by the Chase ... http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/eek.gif

I'd like to see Clint Bowyer sneak in & steal the Championship ...
but the likelyhood of both Hendrick cars failing is slim to none ... :s

muggle not
10th November 2007, 18:14
Jeff Gordon!!!

SmokeFan20
11th November 2007, 04:51
None of the above.....

RaceFanStan
11th November 2007, 20:11
Jeff Gordon said,"I think winning my fifth championship this season would mean the world to me"
Gordon further stated, "There's a lot of me that wishes the Chase had never come along ...
because I think that the way I drive and the way our team is so consistent, ...
that we're capable of getting more championships under the old system."

"But the point system is what it is and that makes it more challenging for us, ...
that much more competitive for everybody and I think it makes it harder to win.
That only makes it more rewarding."

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/11/10/jgordon.jjohnson.happyhour.phoenix/1.html

(quotes edited for emphasis)

muggle not
11th November 2007, 20:31
Jeff Gordon said,"I think winning my fifth championship this season would mean the world to me"
Gordon further stated, "There's a lot of me that wishes the Chase had never come along ...
because I think that the way I drive and the way our team is so consistent, ...
that we're capable of getting more championships under the old system."

"But the point system is what it is and that makes it more challenging for us, ...
that much more competitive for everybody and I think it makes it harder to win.
That only makes it more rewarding."

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/11/10/jgordon.jjohnson.happyhour.phoenix/1.html

(quotes edited for emphasis)
Jeff is pretty accurate with his comment. He can accumulate a huge point lead and then it comes down to "flipping a coin" for the Championship, or something close to it. The Chase stinks

blakebeatty
12th November 2007, 01:16
None of the above.....

There is NO argument that you can post to say that one of these two guys does not deserve the championship. Jeff for remarkable conistency, Jimmie because of a dominating rate of winning. Both of them ABSOLUTELY deserve the championship.

People complain every year that a man could win the championship by finishing second every race over a man who could win nearly half of the year, but have poor finishes. Well here is the exact realization of that situation.

Look at this situation without the Bud colored glasses on, with some objectivity, and you'd be a fool to dispute whatever result of this championship.

PS. I lost respect for you, RFS, for stating that you DETEST Johnson. I don't understand this mindset among NASCAR fans. The man is a brilliant driver, and an excellent voice for the sport.

Ted S
12th November 2007, 01:57
I vote for Chad Knaus. Not much to choose between Gordon and Johnson as drivers, but Johnson's car always gets better as the race goes on. I don't mean this as a knock on Gordon's team, but it seems Knaus is the best crew chief now and the little difference shows.

savage86
12th November 2007, 12:33
Jeff Gordan for sure, he deserves it more than Jimmy this year.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
12th November 2007, 12:37
looks like jimmie has it, but i hope Jeff can pull some sort of miracle off next weekend he deserves it. but im not gonna whine about the points system we got what we got.

wedge
12th November 2007, 15:51
I vote for Chad Knaus. Not much to choose between Gordon and Johnson as drivers, but Johnson's car always gets better as the race goes on. I don't mean this as a knock on Gordon's team, but it seems Knaus is the best crew chief now and the little difference shows.

Good answer!

As much as Jeff is a terrific driver, the 24 team has never been the same when Evernham left.

When the chips are down, Knaus makes the right calls.

Alexamateo
12th November 2007, 16:01
Any other year, Jeff's 6 wins are probably leading the series, but it looks like Jimmie is going to take it. I also think that Chad Knaus is the difference maker. I know Jimmie Johnson has a lot of detractors, but we should really appreciate what is happening now. A driver is on the verge of becoming one of the great ones and it's happening right in front of us.

harvick#1
12th November 2007, 16:14

yeah, hes also suspended every year for cheating too, he should've been kicked out of nascar already

muggle not
12th November 2007, 16:25
Any other year, Jeff's 6 wins are probably leading the series, but it looks like Jimmie is going to take it. I also think that Chad Knaus is the difference maker. I know Jimmie Johnson has a lot of detractors, but we should really appreciate what is happening now. A driver is on the verge of becoming one of the great ones and it's happening right in front of us.
I think you may be correct. In any case we are seeing history being made right now. Jimmy Johnson and Knaus are one of the great combinations, like them or not..

muggle not
12th November 2007, 16:30
Jeff is pretty accurate with his comment. He can accumulate a huge point lead and then it comes down to "flipping a coin" for the Championship, or something close to it. The Chase stinks

looks like jimmie has it, but i hope Jeff can pull some sort of miracle off next weekend he deserves it. but im not gonna whine about the points system we got what we got.

Im not whining its called discussion. Its an amazing form of communication. It allows people to share there views and is what forums are all about. ;)

R. Mears
13th November 2007, 02:03
I'll bet most fans/Gordon haters just love the fact that Jeff has lost his 2nd championship since the "chase" began.

I just can't imagine how big of an uproar would be created if the same happened to Dale Jr.