PDA

View Full Version : Adult only

leopard
9th November 2007, 09:18
Let's share opinion on smoking.

I know this is not good for health and we can save more money or spend elsewhere usefully for not being smoker. I tend to buy it despite I am not addicted by it and whenever can leave the habit.

1. When did you start smoking? I was 21 when I earned my own money, twice had a year long break as job environment prohibit smoking.
2. How many pieces of cigar you spend daily? 4-6 pcs or a package for 2-3 days
3. Type of cigar do you like (brand etc)? clove flavored cigar, like Djarum
4. Do you have plan to quit smoking someday? Not sure :D

Please delete if this is not a proper topic.

gadjo_dilo
9th November 2007, 10:26
I really wanted to smoke but I couldn't. Now I'm happy I was so clumsy.

Camelopard
9th November 2007, 10:45
[quote="gadjo_dilo"]I really wanted to smoke but I couldn't. Now I'm happy I was so clumsy.[/quote

Yep, I'm so glad that when all my cool school friends started to smoke 35+ years ago that I was too much of a goody 2 shoes to try it! Think of all the money that I saved not to mention being healthier for no smoking :) .

millencolin
9th November 2007, 12:23
when i saw 'adults only' i thought it would be something sexy... but its only smoking

i tried smoking, thought it was crap, and have never gone back. i dont mind people that smoke, just dont blow smoke in my face, cause that so bloody annoying.

RaceFanStan
9th November 2007, 12:27
AFFIRMATIVE :s mokin:

tinchote
9th November 2007, 12:48
I smoked for a week when I was 13. I'm so luckly that I couldn't get myself to like it.

After that, I became a heavy second-hand smoker courtesy of my advisor :rolleyes: But that's long into the past now. Here in Canada you need to be a tough guy to smoke: you gotta be outside standing when it's -30 degrees. In several provinces here, it is completely forbidden to smoke inside, there are not even designated smoking areas :up:

Drew
9th November 2007, 12:56
When I was 14/15 my gran bought me fags and booze to try. I never really liked the cigarettes but the booze was good :p :

Certain cigarettes (no idea which ones) always remind me of being in "Buenas Noches Santander" (a night club) and badly trying to chat up an attractive lady with my pretty much non existant Spanish!

gadjo_dilo
9th November 2007, 13:07
When I was 14/15 my gran bought me fags and booze to try.
So it was your gran who introduced you to vices. What about women?

Drew
9th November 2007, 15:14
So it was your gran who introduced you to vices. What about women?

Well being 16, legally allowed to buy beer and a 1l bottle of San Miguel for 97cents all helped :p :

Alexamateo
9th November 2007, 15:17
I don't smoke and never would, but my wife does. It's funny, she quit while she was pregnant with our two kids and had stopped for almost 4 years. (Our oldest is almost 4) She started back up earlier this year and as much as I don't like her smoking, she is actually easier to live with when she smokes. She's calmer and much more patient with the kids, so in a weird way, I prefer her smoking.

Then again, I would also prefer she be around as both her parents have passed away relatively young(of cancer and heart attack), in fact I never met them. :s

Storm
9th November 2007, 17:41
I have never ever tried to smoke and never will....watching my father smoke 5 times a day and having a massie heart attack when I was 10 , probably put me off....not that the horrible smell would entice anyone? I would think.

Erki
9th November 2007, 17:46
I have smoked passively a bit as my dad smokes and my mom quit a year or so ago. Never smoked on my own though, not even tried. Smoking is attractive to me.

jso1985
9th November 2007, 18:54
Smoked for the first time when I was 16, never really got into it, as it takes me like 2-3 weeks to smoke a whole package.
weird thing is that when on hospitals is when I really want to smoke :s

Hazell B
9th November 2007, 18:59
Alexamateo said it right - some people are far more patient and happy as smokers.

I'm one of them. Started at about 14 I guess and smoke about 20 roll-ups a day (gave in made cigarettes and moved to rolling my own as it's easier to get here). I've no plans to give up at all.

Did stop for about 6 or so months once and it was horrid. I got fat, which itself was making me miserable, and then all the cash I'd saved was 'stolen' from me when the horse I'd kept with cigarette savings was taken away.

Frankly I'm a junkie and while I can afford it will contuinue to be one. It doesn't bother anyone else as I am a considerate smoker who's never smoked in houses, rarely in pubs and not at all inside public places. That's why the UK smoking ban hasn't made any difference to me :p :