PDA

View Full Version : PDLR wants McLaren race seat..!

AJP
8th November 2007, 06:34
This is laughable,
he should be kicked out with Alonso, I am surprised he hasn't already been sacked from the team over the text message debacle.

Roamy
8th November 2007, 06:53
PDLR wants McLaren race seat

people in hell want ice water

leopard
8th November 2007, 07:13
Cocktail ice might help them much ...

Pedro didn't have conflict internally with the team, It shouldn't be a problem if he wants the seat.

Ranger
8th November 2007, 07:28
This is laughable,
he should be kicked out with Alonso, I am surprised he hasn't already been sacked from the team over the text message debacle.

So he should be thrown out based on one episode of a costly saga, when not even Coughlan has been formally removed from the team. By that logic, shouldn't most of the team, the engineers, the coffee maker, the cleaners of the McLaren motorhome then also be thrown out? :rolleyes:

This is a non-issue. If you're a driver closely involved with a championship-contending team with a free seat, what else did you think he would do?? :\

Hondo
8th November 2007, 07:33
So he should be thrown out based on one episode of a costly saga, when not even Coughlan has been formally removed from the team. By that logic, shouldn't most of the team, the engineers, the coffee maker, the cleaners of the McLaren motorhome then also be thrown out? :rolleyes:

This is a non-issue. If you're a driver closely involved with a championship-contending team with a free seat, what else did you think he would do?? :\

They don't have to bother with Coughlan. His contract is up at the end of the year. They'll just let it run out. Much cleaner and easier.

ArrowsFA1
8th November 2007, 08:15
Pedro wouldn't be a racing driver if he didn't want the McLaren race seat.

Dzeidzei
8th November 2007, 08:23
By that logic, shouldn't most of the team, the engineers, the coffee maker, the cleaners of the McLaren motorhome then also be thrown out? :rolleyes:

I think everyone involved should be kicked out. If the coffee maker had access and changed vital data, yes she or he should be kicked out.

The problem is that McL should kick out too many people too high up in the rankings and that would end the team basically. And no one wants that. Everyone wants McL to be competitive, but with their own knowhow and their own designs.

And of course people say "can you proove that McL had any parts designed with the help from the Ferrari data"? No I cant. But Ron will have his hands full trying to proove that the next McL is clean. I think this whole saga is far from over.

ioan
8th November 2007, 09:21
This is laughable,

Not even Coughlan was sacked yet (understandable as he was working on the 2008 car when he gathered the Ferrari data :D )!
Tells you a bit about the McLaren moral grounds.

And Alonso left because he tried to blackmail Ron and thus they had a problem on a personal level.

ShiftingGears
8th November 2007, 09:24
PDLR wants McLaren race seat

people in hell want ice water

Sums it all up really. I don't see what the fuss is.

janneppi
8th November 2007, 09:24
I was under the impression PDR isn't directly hired by MLaren as a test driver/driver, but is more of a contractor to them.
That's how I understood PDR's situation from the FIA hearing trascription, did I Mis-read or remember it incorrect?

Valve Bounce
8th November 2007, 11:16
Not even Coughlan was sacked yet (understandable as he was working on the 2008 car when he gathered the Ferrari data :D )!

ioan, can you back this up please, as stated in your sig?

Tazio
8th November 2007, 11:37
Another nonsense thread!

I am evil Homer
8th November 2007, 11:45

And Alonso left because he tried to blackmail Ron and thus they had a problem on a personal level.

Evidence please.

SGWilko
8th November 2007, 11:46
I think everyone involved should be kicked out. If the coffee maker had access and changed vital data, yes she or he should be kicked out.

Don't tellme, because they introduced Kenco, after years of using Nescafe, and it just so happens that that is what Ferrari uses......

probably.

Tazio
8th November 2007, 11:50
What's this?
The voice of sanity!

pino
8th November 2007, 12:04
Can I ask everyone to ignore a thread if you don't like it, insted of jumping in it and trying to start a fight...thank you :rolleyes:

Dave B
8th November 2007, 12:37
Which is why I've ignored the whole forum for the past few weeks :p

ioan
8th November 2007, 12:54
ioan, can you back this up please, as stated in your sig?

Because Coughlan has been fired and we missed the news?
The guy stayed on McLaren's pay roll since the start of the whole story.

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if you have proof to the contrary.
So let's see it.

Hondo
8th November 2007, 14:05
Because Coughlan has been fired and we missed the news?
The guy stayed on McLaren's pay roll since the start of the whole story.

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if you have proof to the contrary.
So let's see it.

My #5 post will tell you why Coughlan hasn't been fired. Why go through all the legal hassles when the man's contract expires at the end of the year. Just suspend him and keep him out of the loop and don't renew his contract.

AJP
9th November 2007, 03:56
Another nonsense thread!
Don't read it then...

ioan...this thread wasn't started to talk about Coughlan
This is about my dislike for PDLR and Alonso, and the way they went about Stepneygate...and that "I" think he should be out of the team.

leopard
9th November 2007, 04:06
We shouldn't forget that they both took the risk of their own reputation for the benefit of the team. We can't simply blacksheep them for the wrong strategy team implemented.

What would people name them if McLaren got the both titles in hand, other than hero?

Tazio
9th November 2007, 04:47
Don't read it then...

It’s a little late to ask me not to read something I obviously had to read in order to form an opinion.
I must say that the majority of the subsequent posts elaborate on what I stated very simply
You have zero facts to make an intelligent argument for PDR to be "kicked out" of this organization!

Roamy
9th November 2007, 05:48
i am sure RD is trying to poach drivers - Hats off to Nico - This Star is doing well. Sir Frank will be very noticeable next year

AJP
9th November 2007, 06:11
It’s a little late to ask me not to read something I obviously had to read in order to form an opinion.
I must say that the majority of the subsequent posts elaborate on what I stated very simply
You have zero facts to make an intelligent argument for PDR to be "kicked out" of this organization!

I have zero facts ... interesting.
Don't talk to me about intelligence when you say the things that you say.

Tazio
9th November 2007, 06:18
I have zero facts ... interesting.
Don't talk to me about intelligence when you say the things that you say.do you care to be specific?

tinchote
9th November 2007, 13:00

I totally agree. But that doesn't force you to go into the media saying that you want it. I like the guy, but when he's had a race seat he has been less than impressive, both with Jaguar and McLaren.

Big Ben
9th November 2007, 20:25
I totally agree. But that doesn't force you to go into the media saying that you want it. I like the guy, but when he's had a race seat he has been less than impressive, both with Jaguar and McLaren.

I'm sure you know in what context he made that statement. I'm sure the guys from "El Pais" would never ask him such things and if they did he should have said He'd rather be a test driver.

petrolhead ben
10th November 2007, 18:10
I can imagine that de la rosa does want the race seat. However when he filled in after montoya left last year he didn't really impress me that much. He had a good race in Hungary fighting with schumacher, but thats about all I can remember, and he was regularly beaten by raikkonen. I seriously don't think he's in the same league as hamilton and if they are team mates lewis shouldn't have a problem. I personally would like to see kovalainen there.

But after de la rosa's role in the spy scandal this year I can't see him being welcomed back by a lot of people, can you?

markabilly
10th November 2007, 18:18
well, dogs chase cars but the question for all wanttobees is what will they do after they catch it....pedro seems to have not done much when he has had it, but who knows......the reason for testing is a great engineer can read a driver from the data much better than merely looking at lap times......

Sleeper
10th November 2007, 18:35
McLaren passed him over for a rookie, who at the time we didnt know, or anyone thought was likely to, perform anywere near as well as he has done. Now we have heard stories for weeks that McLaren are after Kovaleinen or Rosberg. I'd take either of them over de la Rosa any day.

petrolhead ben
10th November 2007, 19:33
Well it certainly won't be rosberg as he and nakajima have signed for williams in 2008. I always thought that Alonso would go back to Renault before anywhere else. In which case it seems a great opportunity to do a swap deal with Renault for kovalainen. On the other hand I don't think fisichella is that great so perhaps Renault would like both Alonso and Kovalainen, although kovalainen's already said he doesn't want to be number 2 driver next year. If Alonso is his team mate that could be interesting because Alonso wants number 1 status. Does anyone else think this is a possibility?

If Alonso does end up back at Renault wouldn't it be interesting to see how quickly they became competitive again.

Sleeper
11th November 2007, 15:22
Well it certainly won't be rosberg as he and nakajima have signed for williams in 2008. I always thought that Alonso would go back to Renault before anywhere else. In which case it seems a great opportunity to do a swap deal with Renault for kovalainen. On the other hand I don't think fisichella is that great so perhaps Renault would like both Alonso and Kovalainen, although kovalainen's already said he doesn't want to be number 2 driver next year. If Alonso is his team mate that could be interesting because Alonso wants number 1 status. Does anyone else think this is a possibility?

If Alonso does end up back at Renault wouldn't it be interesting to see how quickly they became competitive again.
If Mercedes flash a blank cheque at Frank, then I it wouldnt take much of a stretch to imagine Rosberg in silver.

Alonso back at Renault is a strong possibility, and if Renault become competitive at the front again, then he'll probably try to take the credit fro that, just like he did at McLaren.

petrolhead ben
11th November 2007, 19:09
Good point sleeper, especially about mclaren flashing the cheque at frank. After whats happened this year whats a contract worth. Even if a driver has already signed up, doesn't nessercerily mean he will stay there.
After all rosberg deserves a better car than what williams has produced in recent years because he's obviously a talented driver, in my opinion anyway.