PDA

View Full Version : KJW out !!!!!

acorn
7th November 2007, 18:34
according to today's motorsport news, KJW is out due to heavy debts. let's hope she can return at a later date. she will be sorely missed.

Nick Brad
7th November 2007, 18:38
She'll be back racing. Sonny isn't going to let his most prized asset sit out on the sidelines, is he. :hmph:

pickup
7th November 2007, 19:36
She'll be back racing. Sonny isn't going to let his most prized asset sit out on the sidelines, is he. :hmph:

Pitty he didn't step in with some help before she sold her house to raise money to keep racing!
I really don't understand why nobody has offered to sponsor her what an advertising asset to a company the "fastest lady racer in Britain" and one who can certainly mix it with the boys.

JovialJooles
7th November 2007, 20:56
Pitty he didn't step in with some help before she sold her house to raise money to keep racing!
I really don't understand why nobody has offered to sponsor her what an advertising asset to a company the "fastest lady racer in Britain" and one who can certainly mix it with the boys.

I totally agree.

It just shows how short sighted the corporate sector is.

Just think of all the female specific items that she could promote.

Crazy...

PitMarshal
7th November 2007, 21:26
I think it's a real shame. KJW has proved over the last few seasons that she can mix it with the big boys, for her to be struggling for cash is just criminal IMO. As sad as it sounds, you have to wonder if her downfall has been the fact than other for the girly paint scheme, she hasn't really made a big deal of being the only woman on the grid.

Reynard
7th November 2007, 21:48
Just think of all the female specific items that she could promote.

Chocolate for starters........................... :cheese:

On a more serious note, I really do hope that KJW can keep going in the PUT.

Sticker Rub
8th November 2007, 20:38
Chocolate for starters

Since when has that been female specific? :)

truckmonster
9th November 2007, 17:01
I think Kelly has been let down this year with sponsor promises

Reynard
9th November 2007, 21:16
Since when has that been female specific? :)

Ask any hormonal female! Chocolate is such a panacea to soothe the nerves when what you really want to do is rip the head off the nearest human male... ;) :eek:

Nick Brad
9th November 2007, 22:53
So basically what you're saying is that I should buy Becky loads of chocolate every time I go to see her? ;)

shuz7
10th November 2007, 08:25
So basically what you're saying is that I should buy Becky loads of chocolate every time I go to see her? ;)

You can buy me some chocolate whenever you see me.

I hope see returns soon.

Dan06
12th November 2007, 19:57
I cannot possibly say who, but a company I know very well and a has sponsored before offered KJW sponsorship for the season
just gone and it was turned down. Thought this might be interesting
to some.

JovialJooles
12th November 2007, 23:10
I cannot possibly say who, but a company I know very well and a has sponsored before offered KJW sponsorship for the season
to some.

Not really.

As you haven't named the company this is yet another one of those posts we get on here that doesn't add anything apart from spreading unsubstantiated rumour.

I suspect we are now going to have numerous posts from people trying to guess which company (if any) was turned down.

Abo
13th November 2007, 10:41
I suspect we are now going to have numerous posts from people trying to guess which company (if any) was turned down.

Sheila's Wheels?

Dan06
13th November 2007, 19:19
Not really.

As you haven't named the company this is yet another one of those posts we get on here that doesn't add anything apart from spreading unsubstantiated rumour.

I did not want to expand on this much further, but now that you have made such negative comments about what i wrote, I shall to explain.
Although I will not name the company, that company is owned by my girlfriends dad and has sponsored the PUT series before for several years and did so this year albeit not KJW. If this is therefore unsubstantiated please carry on. I do not wish to be negative or argue with other respected forum members but I rarely post on here but when I do it is not without knowing that what i say is correct.

racing59
13th November 2007, 20:49
In my experience, you only turn down sponsorship when it conflicts with something you have already. For example, running a Coca Cola sponsored car, and Pepsico come along with a cheque for some cash.....

They way I work these days, if that cheque was big enough, I'd run another car!!

Back to the fact of the thread, Kelly-Jane has decided to pull out, which to me is a shame. She has the talent to mix it with anyone, with the right backing, I feel that she could make it to the top of the tree!

Rob.

JovialJooles
13th November 2007, 22:08
I did not want to expand on this much further, but now that you have made such negative comments about what i wrote, I shall to explain.
Although I will not name the company, that company is owned by my girlfriends dad and has sponsored the PUT series before for several years and did so this year albeit not KJW. If this is therefore unsubstantiated please carry on. I do not wish to be negative or argue with other respected forum members but I rarely post on here but when I do it is not without knowing that what i say is correct.

If only you had posted this earlier -
"that company is owned by my girlfriends dad and has sponsored the PUT series before for several years and did so this year albeit not KJW"
- I would have been clear on who you were talking about.

Well I'm glad you cleared it up for us... :confused: :confused:

Sticker Rub
14th November 2007, 19:56
In my experience, you only turn down sponsorship when it conflicts with something you have already. For example, running a Coca Cola sponsored car, and Pepsico come along with a cheque for some cash.....

Or you're KJW & Legs 11 come a knocking...

truckmonster
15th November 2007, 23:08
Kellys website says she is not retiring without a fight and hopes to get sponsorship for another season in pick ups....hope this is true. :beer:

A race fan
16th November 2007, 00:06
If only you had posted this earlier -
"that company is owned by my girlfriends dad and has sponsored the PUT series before for several years and did so this year albeit not KJW"
- I would have been clear on who you were talking about.

Well I'm glad you cleared it up for us... :confused: :confused:

the pick ups have never had a championship in the last 10 years

JovialJooles
16th November 2007, 09:52

I'm obviously missing something.

What does your comment have to do with my post?

pickup
16th November 2007, 11:10

Where did that come from!

Abo
16th November 2007, 12:17

I'm guessing you meant never had a championship sponsor in 10 years? Maybe not a headline sponsor but look at the side of the trucks, they all carry stickers for GAZ, SPS, Simpson etc. etc. and then there's the screen sponsorship.

A race fan
16th November 2007, 19:52
I'm guessing you meant never had a championship sponsor in 10 years? Maybe not a headline sponsor but look at the side of the trucks, they all carry stickers for GAZ, SPS, Simpson etc. etc. and then there's the screen sponsorship.

i know that abo all the stickers give money to help sonny fund the put as if they didnt they wouldnt be the team to run about the paddock etc...

fastbob
16th November 2007, 21:55
See PTR web site..... latest news

pickup
16th November 2007, 22:26
i know that abo all the stickers give money to help sonny fund the put as if they didnt they wouldnt be the team to run about the paddock etc...

Sorry got me again, haven't got a clue as to what you are saying.
Abo you seem to be able to translate any chance you could help me with this one!

fastbob
17th November 2007, 11:01
Hope this helps

i know that abo(,) all the stickers give money to help Sonny fund the put(PTR) as if they didnt they(there) wouldnt be the team to run about the paddock etc (scrutineers,Sarah, Barbara etc) ...

Sponsors do deals with Sonny for stickers on trucks, may not be cash.... extra discounts etc.... this all helps pay the bills of running the series!!

briggs'mechanic
17th November 2007, 11:53
http://www.pickuptruckracing.com/2007news/20071116.htm

News reel from PTR website

pickup
17th November 2007, 12:25
Yes, saw that yesterday seems a bit of over exagerating by Motorsport News (again) if they had printed what she told told them it might of actually helped her cause instead of spreading rumours of her retirement.
Good job they are the put's media partners and we can count on their support LOL!

racing59
17th November 2007, 17:00
Yet again Muttering Gnu's talks of the doom and gloom of anything to do with Rockingham's oval!

ascarmarshal
18th November 2007, 19:34
Kelly had a one hour slot on BBC Radio Kent today and she talked about the PuT series and the difficulty in getting a sponsor. I hope that someone comes up with the money for her to race next year

tdb
18th November 2007, 21:37
to some.

Kelly wouldn't turn down funding without very good reason!
So perhaps what appears as sour grapes from you is an indication of the reason?

Heard that Kelly is working hard on new plans and a new job which will help towards her continuation in 08.

Look forward to seeing her on track and winning again.