PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Glock signs with Toyota yet contract requires CRB clearance

Giuseppe F1
7th November 2007, 13:49
Hopefully BMW will find a solution to let this go through as im not really into drivers who have waltzed out and then back in over the years however really feel Timo deserves.....well.....has 'earnt' this second chance in F1 after 2 strong seasons in GP2 - lets wait and see:

================================================== ====

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071107132347.shtml

[T]oyota confirms agreement with Glock
BMW claim Glock is under contract - 07/11/07 13:23[/b]

Toyota has confirmed that it has signed a contract with Timo Glock and wants the newly crowned GP2 champion to race for the Japanese team next season.

It has emerged that the 25-year-old German's future is currently in the hands of the Contract Recognition Board (CRB), because his newly-lodged - and unannounced - Toyota contract supposedly clashes with his BMW test driving deal.

While BMW Sauber cannot offer Glock a race seat next year, the Hinwil-based team is reportedly not keen to release him because Toyota wants to lock him into a three-year contract.

"We were informed by the CRB that a conflicting contract was filed," BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen recently confirmed.

"We will wait for their decision."

Glock's manager, Hans-Bernd Kamps, added: "In the interests of Timo, we are hoping for a reasonable solution as quickly as possible.
"

It is reported that the CRB is presently sitting in Geneva to rule on the conflict. A decision is not expected to be known until next week.

Cologne based Toyota President John Howett said: "We have a binding agreement with Glock.

"His management company and the lawyers believe that he is available," the Briton told Motorsport Aktuell.

In August BMW Sauber announced both Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica would remain with the team in 2008, but stated: 'with regard to signing a test and reserve driver, an announcement will be made at a later stage.'

E.A.

aryan
7th November 2007, 23:38
I hope BMW lets him go.

The chap didn't get a fair chance first time around, and has earned a second chance, you're right.

Valve Bounce
8th November 2007, 00:41
It is regrettable that any team would block their test driver going to a race seat at another team. I am not aware that this has happened before in F1.
This is quite different from offering a test drive to a test driver from another team.

millencolin
8th November 2007, 01:02
You'd think they would let him go. BMW can find another tester... but how often does a race drive come up? good on ya Timo, lets hope BMW doesnt screw you around

passmeatissue
8th November 2007, 09:39
I was reading a news item quoting Dr Mario saying how little money he is spending. I am guessing that he intends to get a little contribution to his budget out of Toyota ;) .

ioan
8th November 2007, 09:45
I was reading a news item quoting Dr Mario saying how little money he is spending. I am guessing that he intends to get a little contribution to his budget out of Toyota ;) .

Might be.

However until now BMW were pretty honest in their game with their drivers who had their contracts signed early in the season.
They also let Vettel go to STR without to many stories.
I doubt they will try to hold back Glock.

PS: They even kept JV, against their own belief.