PDA

View Full Version : TRD3 International GT Entry Thread-Practice Race

tannat
6th November 2007, 18:25
Okay, lets get this madness started...

This championship will involve the N-GT cars ONLY (i.e. TVR, C5R, Mosler, Ultima, and the much loved Monaro :laugh :)

As I suspect this could become a TVR vrs. C5R Challenge Cup, there will be two categories of competition:

Category 1: TVR and Corvette C5R

Category 2: Ultima and Mosler

Each category will compete side by side with everyone eligible for overall wins, but there will be a separate points championship for category 2 entries

If you REALLY want to drive the Monaro, let me know and I'll try to work out some handicaps for you :D

There will be no handicaps for this series (excepting perhaps Monaro entries), and I beleive I will keep the calendar blind, revealing the next race upon completion of a race.

Practice race details up Thursday, and you will need to unlock the World N-GT category.

Enter as follows (yes, this is my entry):

Tannat
Ultima GTR

Will L
6th November 2007, 18:32
Will
TVR

:)

Brown, Jon Brow
6th November 2007, 21:25
JBrown
Ultima GTR

Maybe P.Vuko will want to take #1 as the reigning champ?

tannat
6th November 2007, 22:01
JBrown
Ultima GTR

Maybe P.Vuko will want to take #1 as the reigning champ?

Can't wait to see what you can do with the Ultima, John :D

Brown, Jon Brow
6th November 2007, 22:20
I was right on the pace during the last round of last season at Oulton Park. I managed two second place finishes. I think it suits us who use control pads better than the TVR's and Corvettes.

Will L
6th November 2007, 22:22
I like the TVR, I prefer the handling on it than any other car while on the wheel.

real_illusions
6th November 2007, 22:57
Real_Illusions
Mobile Chicane Racing

Not sure what car yet..possibly the ultima..or tvr..whichever i like best..will have a quick (well..slow) practise to see which i like best.

:)

tannat
6th November 2007, 23:00
I like the TVR, I prefer the handling on it than any other car while on the wheel.

See JBs quote above yours..

I use a gamepad, and the TVR absolutely understeers like a pig-I just can't drive it.

The Ultima needs to visit the torque doctor, but is heaven to drive... :angel: :laugh:

harvick#1
7th November 2007, 06:24
:wave:

Spike Motorsports
TVR

but I got to umlock the World GT

tannat
7th November 2007, 12:26
:wave:

Spike Motorsports
TVR

but I got to umlock the World GT

Look who turned up for the party....

Long time, no see Harvick...

johnny shell
7th November 2007, 13:17
Johnny Shell
C5R

harvick#1
7th November 2007, 14:58
Look who turned up for the party....

Long time, no see Harvick...

hey Tannat

good news I already unlocked the Wold GT along time ago, but I'm sure I'll be like an Intersport racing this year, getting beat by the lower class. but it should be fun again to get back in the game :)

johnny shell
7th November 2007, 15:24
can you let one of the cats out of the bad maybe?

so we get to do Laguna Seca? :D

tannat
7th November 2007, 16:22
can you let one of the cats out of the bad maybe?

so we get to do Laguna Seca? :D

Cats stay in bag :D

but I will say this-fromthe practice round to the finale there is a fairly logical progression. Our travel funds will benefit from it..

James

tannat
8th November 2007, 12:18
Track: Philip Island Gran Prix Circuit

Qualifying: Time Trial Mode-submit to codies
Race Length: 10 laps

Corner Cutting off, flags on and careless driving on. Two wheels on track at all times.

Submit q-time, fast lap, and overall time by Friday, November 16.

I think the Vettes and the TVRs will have an edge here :D

Good luck to all.....

Tannat

Adam Sloma
8th November 2007, 12:25
Adam Sloma
TVR

I hope that I will have the more time, than on the last V8 round.

tannat
8th November 2007, 15:57
Adam Sloma
TVR

I hope that I will have the more time, than on the last V8 round.

Was hoping you would join, Mr. Sloma.

Welcome.... :)

harvick#1
8th November 2007, 16:08
welcome, but I wish he was in a different car, just saw his codies times with the TVR, looks like it will be a battle for 2nd place in the category.

PiotrB
8th November 2007, 19:04
Piotr Borkowski
TVR T400R

TVR is clearly fastest car but needs some setup to reduce understeer. Corvette is probably 2nd fastest car. Monaro is best in Pro-Sim handling. Mosler has a great acceleration and max speed but has low grip and worst handling. Ultima is one of the slowest cars in the straight but has a good handling.

johnny shell
8th November 2007, 19:12
TVR is clearly fastest car but needs some setup to reduce understeer. Corvette is probably 2nd fastest car.

hmmm... well, since I race for the love of racing I'll stick with the 'vette. I have no real illusions (haha) of getting a victory.

but maybe in the TVR I could hope for a podium if no Aussies join the series.....

naw, I'll stick with the 'vette. I love those things! I actually owned one for a short while but a lady ran a red light at the exact moment I decided to do a 0-60 run :(

harvick#1
8th November 2007, 19:13
now its a battle for 3rd :p : how do you get that fast with those cars,

I got the TVR with a good setup that doesn't produce skidding and has great grip, but still 3 seconds off you fastest times, any help

johnny shell
8th November 2007, 19:19
both the Poles have video posted on youtube. fascinating stuff.

watching Piotr's in-car camera is like watching Schumacher's. make it look so easy.......

Sloma's style is crazy - he turns the wrong way for a moment right before every turn. weird stuff. don't even bother trying THAT at home!

tannat
8th November 2007, 19:25
#7-----Jon Brown----Ultima GTR
#13----Tannat-------Ultima GTR
#17----PiotrB--------TVR 400R
#19----Adam Sloma--TVR 400R
#33----harvick#1----TVR 400R
#82----Johnny Shell--Corvette C5R
#85----Will L---------TVR 400R
#666---real_illusions--??????????

Healthy field thus far---- :up:

tannat
8th November 2007, 19:26
By the by......

FIA points system 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1

Sorry-no points for P1 after qulaifying

I'll allow one dropped race or missed race for the season as we are racing over th holiday season

There will be one race where you may partner with someone else or run solo...

harvick#1
8th November 2007, 19:30
actually now I may switch to the Ultima to mess around with Tannat again, those were some good races we've had in the past :D

tannat
8th November 2007, 21:14
actually now I may switch to the Ultima to mess around with Tannat again, those were some good races we've had in the past :D

Yeah-last season was really something :up:

I'm certain we'll have a few more drop in on this championship

PiotrB
8th November 2007, 22:22
now its a battle for 3rd :p : how do you get that fast with those cars,

I got the TVR with a good setup that doesn't produce skidding and has great grip, but still 3 seconds off you fastest times, any help
You want to see telemetry of my fastest lap or a video of lap similar to my best? I can't save my best lap in the game so I can't record my best lap later (after the time trial session).

real_illusions
8th November 2007, 23:06
i thinki'll be in the tvr.

did a quick test, and although it didn't feel the quickest, its lap times were slightly quicker than the ultima, which has good handling.

i found the mosler was good at going sideways, the corvette wasn't to my liking, and the monaro wasn't THAT bad over a lap, but still the slowest.

harvick#1
9th November 2007, 06:08
You want to see telemetry of my fastest lap or a video of lap similar to my best? I can't save my best lap in the game so I can't record my best lap later (after the time trial session).

I would like to see the master at work, maybe I can learn something

RobZee
9th November 2007, 07:29
BobZee
TVR

This is a great track to start on! Looking forward to the series.

tannat
9th November 2007, 14:38
#12----RobZee-------TVR 400R
#666---real_illusions--TVR 400R

Did a spin around PI in the Ultima and Mosler. Mosler would nearly nudge 200mph on the front straight, but handled like #$%@ in the turns!!!

Ultima was still a better drive here, but I glanced at Sloma and PiotrB s times here from Codies-I'll be about 5 seconds off the pace.... Although the Ultima is inferior to the TVR

tannat
11th November 2007, 13:53
I'd love it if you guys would submit q times to codies and post here just like in Vuko's V8 championship... :D

Pawprint
11th November 2007, 13:59
I like this circuit, so if I have thime, then a privatear entrant just as a one-off, would be

Friggy
Half Pike Motorsport

tannat
11th November 2007, 19:50
I like this circuit, so if I have thime, then a privatear entrant just as a one-off, would be

Friggy
Half Pike Motorsport

What would your mount be, Pawprint?

Pawprint
11th November 2007, 21:12
It's difficult to say... perhaps the Peninsula TVR, possible the Mosler. My time from my first run is on the HOF on Codies, do we need a code, or the HOF proof, or just send you our times written down?

Yeah, I think I'll take the TVR :)

I'll do this event if time permits, and then see what happens in the future. Haven't raced GT for ages, without good memories, but tried with the controller today, for the first time ever, and was pretty good. Might be able to make time to fill the last place of the grid :) .

BrentJackson
11th November 2007, 21:48
Alright, I'm gonna take a crack at this one. I just tested the cars, and I'm gonna run with the Mosler, evil handling as it is. I think its horsepower can compensate for the handling.

harvick#1
12th November 2007, 04:06
ran a 1 minute 9.91 seconds for Qualis, 2 and a half seconds slower than pole sitter Rob Zee, (Adam's and Piotr has faster times, but that was before the season was started) and I saw Robs time go up after this thread was created

tannat
12th November 2007, 12:16
It's difficult to say... perhaps the Peninsula TVR, possible the Mosler. My time from my first run is on the HOF on Codies, do we need a code, or the HOF proof, or just send you our times written down?

Yeah, I think I'll take the TVR :)

I'll do this event if time permits, and then see what happens in the future. Haven't raced GT for ages, without good memories, but tried with the controller today, for the first time ever, and was pretty good. Might be able to make time to fill the last place of the grid :) .

just post your valid codies time here. thanks paw print :up:

tannat
12th November 2007, 12:43
#666---real_illusions-TVR 400R
#853---Pawprint------TVR 400R
?????---BrentJackson-Mosler

Good field-hope everyone makes it for the practice round...

tannat
12th November 2007, 12:45
By the way guys, I will not be opening your PM'd times untl I complete my own races, so if there is a message for me within please post it on the thread

Pawprint
12th November 2007, 17:44
Qualifying times in the thread, or in PM?

I'm not especially talented at track racing, so we can expect little. :)

tannat
12th November 2007, 20:15
Qualifying times in the thread, or in PM?

I'm not especially talented at track racing, so we can expect little. :)

In thread would be great-thanks!

hollydog954
12th November 2007, 20:37
hi guys. have been busy lately but will give this a go. should get on tonight for a practise.
will post my car tonight most prob tvr

thanks

Pawprint
12th November 2007, 21:10
Like I said, not great things, I will improve on that if I have time, but that is doubtful, so I won't bother.

It's on my dad's account, I'll try and change the info soon.

13 Chris Floyd (United Kingdom) 01:13.37 TVR T400R

I'd go faster if I had the time...

~Paws~

RobZee
13th November 2007, 07:27
BobZee: #12 TVR - 1.07.48 in time trial mode.

Dont think I can match the 2 Poles, so will concentrate now on a race setup.

hollydog954
13th November 2007, 09:32
hollydog954
corvette C5R

Adam Sloma
13th November 2007, 12:02
Sorry, but I'm out. I did not find time in weekend, and now I play The Witcher and don't have time even to sleep.

tannat
13th November 2007, 12:31
Sorry, but I'm out. I did not find time in weekend, and now I play The Witcher and don't have time even to sleep.

Hope you can make next round, Adam. Still plenty of time to submit...

tannat
13th November 2007, 12:34
#666---real_illusions-TVR 400R
#888---hollydog954--Corvette C5R
?????---BrentJackson-Mosler

Good to see another vette running. PV did really well last year in a vette (won the championship, actually).

johnny shell
13th November 2007, 14:34
haven't been behind the wheel in weeks and hardly at all in a month.... and now I've got two new circuits to learn! P.I. and Turkey. fun!

I seem to remember liking P.I.... fast & flowing from what I remember.

I'll get it in by the 16th though... plus learning it will help with the V8 finale'.

Pawprint
13th November 2007, 16:36
How the hell can you guys get round in 1'07's?

johnny shell
13th November 2007, 17:44
like this

varrrrrrroooooooooom vroooooooooom vrooooooooooom vroooom vroooom vrrrrom vaaaaaarrrrrrrrrom vrooooooom vrooooooooom vrooooooooom vrooom vrooom vaaaarrrrrrroooooooom vroooooooom vroooooom vroooooooooooooom
vroooom vrromo vrooom vrooom.......

and so on.

I could transcribe the whole lap if you want, if someone gives me the proper gear changes.

I haven't actually turned a lap there yet.

PiotrB
13th November 2007, 18:10
How the hell can you guys get round in 1'07's?
I have 1'06.45. Soon I post video of my new time at P.I.

harvick#1
13th November 2007, 18:27
do you use the hand brake, I saw Slomas vids and it almost looks too good to be true, I run the car so loose to get around the corners quick and you guys run the corners like dirt racing

tannat
14th November 2007, 10:26
I have times from harvick and real_illusions

While submissions beyond the deadline will be accepted if an extension is requested, thoss submitting late will be requested to start from the back of the grid (as you would in a normal race if you made the grid late)

No big deal- I believe that is only p7 or p8 with these cars (in lieu of p20 or greater in the DTM or V8s)

tannat
14th November 2007, 10:46
I got a 1:11.77 in the Ultima after about 3 timed flying laps

Important to get on the power really soon coming off the corners. That hairpin before the front straight is giving us fits, and we are using ALL the track (and then some) at the long turn 2...

PiotrB
14th November 2007, 11:15
do you use the hand brake, I saw Slomas vids and it almost looks too good to be true, I run the car so loose to get around the corners quick and you guys run the corners like dirt racing
No, I don't use handbrake.

tannat
14th November 2007, 13:12

You do use a wheel Piotr, correct?

I use the xbox wingpad, and despite a setup that favors oversteer I need the handbrake from time to time to get the car to rotate

PiotrB
14th November 2007, 13:20
You do use a wheel Piotr, correct?

I use the xbox wingpad, and despite a setup that favors oversteer I need the handbrake from time to time to get the car to rotate
Yes, I playing on wheel (Logitech Driving Force Pro).

johnny shell
14th November 2007, 13:56
I'll have times in on time, no problem :up:

PiotrB
14th November 2007, 19:28
Video (1:06.50):

http://stage6.divx.com/user/PiotrB/video/1852056/ToCA-RD3---TVR-T400R-at-Phillip-Island

johnny shell
14th November 2007, 19:45
**** that's nuts

just goes to show that the black marks on the track aren't always in the right spots.

tannat
15th November 2007, 03:43
**** that's nuts

just goes to show that the black marks on the track aren't always in the right spots.

I think a few of the turns on this track could use alternate lines.....

johnny shell
15th November 2007, 13:17
got back behind the wheel last night, finally.

wow - really gives me a new appreciation for Scheuy sitting out a year, then getting back into a F1 car and setting fast practice lap!

I started off in the 1:09's, but was only able to get down to 1:08.29. If I could've put my best sector times together, I could've gotten to the 1:07's, which was my goal... by alas, it wasn't meant to be.

the 10 lapper was decent. My tires were too soft, so my times in the 2nd 1/2 of the race were like 2 seconds slower than at the begining....

but that's why we have practice races!

I am the fastest 'vette on codemasters' Hall of Fame though :D

hollydog954
16th November 2007, 09:47
sorry johnny. :) 1.07.25. about to do my 10 lapper

tannat
16th November 2007, 12:52
Have received times from PiorB, JohnnyShell, and Robzee.

I'll be doing my race this afternoon.

Remember: deadline is midnight tonight-results and first round details up tomorrow!

johnny shell
16th November 2007, 13:16
sorry johnny. :) 1.07.25.

go Corvette!

wonder if we'll get Vuko in a Vette?

either way tannat, can we have a manufacturer's championship too?

tannat
16th November 2007, 13:21
go Corvette!

wonder if we'll get Vuko in a Vette?

either way tannat, can we have a manufacturer's championship too?

Field is a bit TVR heavy....

Tell you what:
1) Okay we will
2) Only the top two finishing cars from each marque will be allowed to score points

How about that?

If PV joins he may drive a vette.

johnny shell
16th November 2007, 13:48
isn't the way it's usually done just the lead car for each mfg gets points?

when you said 'only' the top two it made me wonder if I have been figuring it wrong in the past....

harvick#1
16th November 2007, 16:49
Field is a bit TVR heavy....

Tell you what:
1) Okay we will
2) Only the top two finishing cars from each marque will be allowed to score points

How about that?

If PV joins he may drive a vette.

I'll switch to the Ultima to go against Tannat, seems with the steering wheel, you don't shot at getting anything near a respectable time.

starting in the next race, I will be driving the Ultima, I prolly won't get any points with this race anyway so it won't matter, drive and diversify the field

tannat
16th November 2007, 17:13
isn't the way it's usually done just the lead car for each mfg gets points?

when you said 'only' the top two it made me wonder if I have been figuring it wrong in the past....

you are correct, but i believe we have at least two of the tvr, vette, and ultima in the field...

perhaps it should be the lead car only.

johnny shell
16th November 2007, 17:19
I dunno... letting two cars score mfg points gets more people involved.

tannat
16th November 2007, 18:42
Finished our race...

Goes without saying thus is NOT an Ultima track. Didn't break the 1:13 mark, but appreciated being able to outbreak and pass the AI cars.

Maybe the Ultima should be allowed to run with the turbo cheat? :D

Naaaaaaaahh!

harvick#1
16th November 2007, 18:51
Finished our race...

Goes without saying thus is NOT an Ultima track. Didn't break the 1:13 mark, but appreciated being able to outbreak and pass the AI cars.

Maybe the Ultima should be allowed to run with the turbo cheat? :D

Naaaaaaaahh!

don't worry we'll start getting the battle goin with the Ultimas at the next track :D

tannat
16th November 2007, 18:52
Had a first glance at everyone's times and with the exception of my own I feel this is a fairly close field. 7 sets of times thus far with results posted by tomorrow.

tannat
16th November 2007, 18:55
#33----harvick#1-----Ultima GTR
#666---real_illusions--TVR 400R
#888---hollydog954---Corvette C5R
?????---BrentJackson--Mosler

I'd love it if you guys would let me know if this list is correct

tannat
17th November 2007, 08:27
"The field was blessed was great weather and a modest fan turnout for the practice session of the TRD3 International GT Series. The TVRs were strong here, with PiotrB taking the checker over RobZee with 6 seconds in hand. The Corvette C5Rs of hollydog and Johnny Shell followed in 3rd and 4th, nearly 10 seconds adrift. Rounding out the field were the TVRs of Harvick, real_illusions, and the Ultima of Tannat still on the lead lap."

1--#17----PiotrB---------TVR 400R---------11:28.35----1:07.01
2--#12----RobZee--------TVR 400R--------11:34.40----1:08.26
3--#888---hollydog954---Corvette C5R-----11:43.13----1:08.50
4--#82----Johnny Shell---Corvette C5R-----11:46.13----1:08.54
5--#33----harvick#1------TVR 400R--------11:50.47----1:10.26
6--#666---real_illusions---TVR 400R--------11:59.47-----1:11.11
7--#13----Tannat--------Ultima GTR-------12:22.34-----1:13.10

Brown, Jon Brow
17th November 2007, 12:54
Seems like I forget to race :s

PiotrB
17th November 2007, 18:24
I'm suprised that I won. My overall pace was quite good and consistent but I made two mistakes (one because of slipstream and one because of my too late braking when I was laping AI cars - nearly spun) so I think that I lost about 6 seconds. That was good race anyway.

johnny shell
17th November 2007, 23:43
good win Piotr!

nice podium to the new guy too :up:

I'm pretty happy with my pace... need to work on my consistancy as usual, but for the first time back behind the wheel in a bit I did ok :D

Peter Vuko
18th November 2007, 21:23
Hey guys, I'm back!!!! Looks like a good series...I will probably go into the TVR...got to do some testing in the next few days.

tannat
18th November 2007, 23:32
Hey guys, I'm back!!!! Looks like a good series...I will probably go into the TVR...got to do some testing in the next few days.

About time... :D

The thread fro race 1 has already been posted-Adelaide....

Good to have you aboard, PV :up:

Peter Vuko
19th November 2007, 06:13
I believe i will also join this competition as I have now finished school, I can dedicate my work on driving.

Vuko jnr
C5R

cheers!!