PDA

View Full Version : Official: Rossi on Bridgestone, Lorenzo, Tech 3 on Michelin

jonny hurlock
5th November 2007, 00:48
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/motogp/news/156827-0/official_rossi_to_bridgestone.html

rossi on bridgestone in 08, lorenzo on michelin in 08, Tech3 on michelin to believe for next season.

back on rossi this is a stupid descion going onto bridgestone is the right thing?

tha_jackal
5th November 2007, 01:06
its a sham.. a farce.. whatever u want to call it..

JETFX...
5th November 2007, 05:17
Sounds like Lorenzo might be in a strong position with the extra Tech 3 Michelin feed back....

I just dont see how this can workout good for Rossi, especially after how Michelin seem to have bounced back now and they will be motivated all the more to show him whos right/wrong tyre wise in 08.

On top of the obvious tyre war in 08 that will surround Rossi/Yamaha he will have to deal with being on the same BS rubber now as Casey so it appears hes hedging all his bets that again Casey will be his main serious threat.....? Somehow I cant see it being that simple, now that HRC, Suzuki and Kawasaki have all got the wind up em for 08! Rossi should of stayed with Michelin and simply focused on developing the Yamaha chassis and engine further I reckon, I just cant see any advantage of having to re-tune his 'single' Yamaha for Bridgestones....

Ranger
5th November 2007, 05:55
My guess is that he'll have another poor year and leave Yamaha... maybe for Ducati? That'd be cool.

osg
5th November 2007, 06:53
My guess is that he'll have another poor year and leave Yamaha... maybe for Ducati? That'd be cool.

+1.

I'm actually worried for Vale, as he's ridden his whole career on Michelins, and it will be interesting to see the lap times in 3 weeks when the first test gets underway. As was said above, he obviously see's Casey as his threat next year.... but i think the title darkhorse is definately Pedrosa......

leopard
5th November 2007, 07:09
I think next year, using single tyres specially designed for Rossi, he will bounce back as to redeeming all the fault during the last two seasons.

I don't think he would want to be another Alonso being kicked off by a teammate rookie relating to next year Lorenso would ride the same bike as him. Riding the same bike, tyres would be determining factor to perform his sophisticated skill that other drivers might consider above on him.

Imo, :)

NinjaMaster
6th November 2007, 00:07
I think next year, using single tyres specially designed for Rossi, he will bounce back as to redeeming all the fault during the last two seasons.

That's the problem for him next year, I don't think he will have tyres specifically designed for him and Yamaha. He would be in line behind Ducati, Kawasaki and Suzuki on the pecking order as they have all been together with Bridgestone for a few years now and he will be the one songle Yamaha on Bridgies.
I hope the Yamaha-Michelin alliance becomes a race winning combination and Lorenzo smacks Rossi just to stick it up him. And if he leaves Yamaha after next year, unless he takes a swag of sponsorship money with him for Ducati to run a 3rd bike, I don't see them having 3 factory riders. Given his hatred of Honda, he would be unlikely to return there which leaves Kawasaki and Suzuki. Hmmmm. :s tareup:

patnicholls
6th November 2007, 00:19
Sitting looking at the list of teams/riders for next year and thinking about the topsy-turvy nature of this year (Ducati dominant, Suzuki being up the front often, Kawasaki being very fast on occasion, Honda taking a while to get going, Yamaha not really with it most of the time) it is very hard to predict the form book for 2008 so far. With Jorge, JT and Colin working with Michelin, there's gonna be fierce competition within Yamaha.

I shall be doing plenty of thinking before putting together the Fantasy League prices for next year, that's for sure...

JETFX...
6th November 2007, 01:33

I don't think he would want to be another Alonso being kicked off by a teammate rookie relating to next year Lorenso would ride the same bike as him. Riding the same bike, tyres would be determining factor to perform his sophisticated skill that other drivers might consider above on him.

Imo, :)

Like your optimisum :D

Hmmmm its going to be a corker and Rossi is definetely going to find 08 the year for being 'hero or zero' and probably for sure the biggest challenge he will ever face in his career. I reckon we all can no doubt agree on that.... :s mokin:

leopard
6th November 2007, 02:25
From the experience of teams already switched the tyres to bridgestone like Suzuki, they didn't have to pass struggling phase, a period when they have to make adjustment before riding comfortably.
The switch will not too much influence the whole Rossi and Yamaha performance, unless it would be more step forward.

While they are convinced with the strength of Michelin, they decided not to make hurry switch all the tyres only to accommodate requirement of Rossi, and therefore this combination will enrich them to the more reliable tyres.

Rossi leaves for Ducati, please no!

JETFX...
6th November 2007, 09:03
From the experience of teams already switched the tyres to bridgestone like Suzuki, they didn't have to pass struggling phase, a period when they have to make adjustment before riding comfortably.
The switch will not too much influence the whole Rossi and Yamaha performance, unless it would be more step forward.

While they are convinced with the strength of Michelin, they decided not to make hurry switch all the tyres only to accommodate requirement of Rossi, and therefore this combination will enrich them to the more reliable tyres.

Rossi leaves for Ducati, please no!

Hmmm maybe.... but most teams have 2 bikes/riders/teams and tyre technicians and now at least a seasons worth of various track settings to relate to?

Got to wonder also just how much support Rossi and his single Yamaha outfit will be getting from Bridgestone compared to multiple bike long term loyal manufactures Ducati, Suzuki, Kawasaki etc?

Iam sure he will adapt and do well on the BS but will it be 'THAT' much of an advantage over the other Yamaha equipped Michelins???? HorHay is sitting pretty it looks to me being on the factory Yam and now leading Michelin equipped Yam also.... Michelin are going to see that he is "extremely" well looked after, they might just go out of their way to prove something in 08!!! no doubt about that I reckon....

Mach24
6th November 2007, 09:15
I have always been a fan of Valentino until he started whinging in 07'.

I hope Michelin dominate next year just to piss him off!

I believe Honda (and Dani) will dominate 08'. Honda WILL NOT allow the failures of 07' to continue for another season and we have already seen an improvement.

Also the issues Rossi has had this year have not been exclusive to Michelin.... Yamaha have failed to deliver the goods.

ArmchairBikeFan
6th November 2007, 09:22
Valentino Rossi will be getting massive support from Bridgestone, they'll be bending over backwards to give him great tyres.
Why? Because he's Valentino Rossi!!! There's no way in hell he is going to be behind Suzuki and Kwaka when it comes to developing tyres. That would be a PR nightmare for Bridgestone. Rossi is the star of the series.
Apart from that, he's the best rider and has the best engineer in Jeremy Burgess. They won the title in their first year on a radically changed Yamaha with no useful data from previous years.
I think he'll be battling for the title.

Mach24
6th November 2007, 09:34
Valentino Rossi will be getting massive support from Bridgestone, they'll be bending over backwards to give him great tyres.
Why? Because he's Valentino Rossi!!! There's no way in hell he is going to be behind Suzuki and Kwaka when it comes to developing tyres. That would be a PR nightmare for Bridgestone. Rossi is the star of the series.
Apart from that, he's the best rider and has the best engineer in Jeremy Burgess. They won the title in their first year on a radically changed Yamaha with no useful data from previous years.

I agree Bridgee will want to win a title with Valentino. There could be no better outcome for all parties!

As ever Valentino will be a championship threat, but he needs Yamaha to step up to the plate and deliver truly competitive machinery.

JETFX...
6th November 2007, 13:48
Re- Yamaha needing to 'step up' hmmm I do wonder though just how much Yamaha is to blame? Sure their down on HP but by how much really??
Consider how the Tech 3 boys did in qualifying for a minute.... yes Dunlop can produce some great quali rubber, but you still need the grunt right!!
Michelin are getting their act together again as proven over last few races! so what gives....is it as simple as Michelins not working on the Yamaha? if so it must be the chassis then more than lack of HP right??

Also interesting is Casey's form during the Valencia race! he was riding with soft compound Bridgestones, if Iam not mistaken he has gone with mainly medium or hards for most of the year generally. In the post race race he said his rear was going away toward the end, it sure looked to me he did not have the usual grip during much of the race either... that (soft compound) just may have been the difference more than anything else that decided the final result if you can put all biased aside. :s mokin:

jonny hurlock
7th November 2007, 00:27
I have always been a fan of Valentino until he started whinging in 07'.

I hope Michelin dominate next year just to piss him off!

me too

imo just like his book 'what if I had never tried it' , if his right he will be a great move,if not goodbye doctor, if yamaha has not improved next season , I think he could leave moto gp imo,

I got a question just wondering, if rossi has another poor season, could rossi leave motogp for a sabbatical for 09 season,(do wrc some other rally championship), come back for 2010?

leopard
7th November 2007, 02:15
Hmmm maybe.... but most teams have 2 bikes/riders/teams and tyre technicians and now at least a seasons worth of various track settings to relate to?

Got to wonder also just how much support Rossi and his single Yamaha outfit will be getting from Bridgestone compared to multiple bike long term loyal manufactures Ducati, Suzuki, Kawasaki etc?

Iam sure he will adapt and do well on the BS but will it be 'THAT' much of an advantage over the other Yamaha equipped Michelins???? HorHay is sitting pretty it looks to me being on the factory Yam and now leading Michelin equipped Yam also.... Michelin are going to see that he is "extremely" well looked after, they might just go out of their way to prove something in 08!!! no doubt about that I reckon....

Hmmm ... seems you begin to understand. ;)

osg
7th November 2007, 02:46
me too

imo just like his book 'what if I had never tried it' , if his right he will be a great move,if not goodbye doctor, if yamaha has not improved next season , I think he could leave moto gp imo,

I got a question just wondering, if rossi has another poor season, could rossi leave motogp for a sabbatical for 09 season,(do wrc some other rally championship), come back for 2010?

if Yamaha do not come to the party in '08........ it will be Kawasaki or Ducati in '09.......

NinjaMaster
7th November 2007, 08:27

Bridgestone were forced to supply Vale with tyres against their will which is why I don't think he will be their priority. He will have their best tyres no doubt, but they won't be designed for his Yamaha.

Re- Yamaha needing to 'step up' hmmm I do wonder though just how much Yamaha is to blame? Sure their down on HP but by how much really??
Consider how the Tech 3 boys did in qualifying for a minute.... yes Dunlop can produce some great quali rubber, but you still need the grunt right!!
Michelin are getting their act together again as proven over last few races! so what gives....is it as simple as Michelins not working on the Yamaha? if so it must be the chassis then more than lack of HP right??

The Yamaha was certainly down on power which can be overcome on a clear quali lap when high corner speeds can make up for speed down the straight. In the cut and thrust of racing though, it is a big disadvantage as all the opposition needs to do is baulk during a corner and all momentum is lost without the grunt to make up for it. This is why things like the old Aprilia 500cc V-Twins would often qualify ok but suck in a race. Said that, I don't reckon the Yamaha's power was all that bad by seasons end but they were definately down a bit on Ducati and Honda and possibly Kawasaki as well.

The Phantom
7th November 2007, 16:27
Also interesting is Casey's form during the Valencia race! he was riding with soft compound Bridgestones, if Iam not mistaken he has gone with mainly medium or hards for most of the year generally. In the post race race he said his rear was going away toward the end, it sure looked to me he did not have the usual grip during much of the race either... that (soft compound) just may have been the difference more than anything else that decided the final result if you can put all biased aside. :s mokin:

Stoner purposely handicapped his Ducati so that Pedrosa would win... Stoner wanted Pedrosa to bump Rossi down to 3rd in the final standings.

Rossi certainly doesn't have the monopoly on psyching out his opponents...

; )

JETFX...
8th November 2007, 00:07
Stoner purposely handicapped his Ducati so that Pedrosa would win... Stoner wanted Pedrosa to bump Rossi down to 3rd in the final standings.

Rossi certainly doesn't have the monopoly on psyching out his opponents...

; )

The thought certainly crossed my mind also as I was watching the Valencia race unfold. I certainly would not put it past Casey the young jedi...hes learnt from some of the best!

Hmmm reckon 08 could be the year for some serious psyching as the next generations pecking order is firmly established? It would appear that winter testing is going to show this to be the case.

Keeping an eye on Marco's progress closely also :cool:

ArmchairBikeFan
8th November 2007, 15:41
I think there are problems with that theory.

1) Pedrosa kicked Stoner's backside.
2) Stoner's far too cocky to take a dive.
3) Rossi doesn't care anyway.

:)

JETFX...
8th November 2007, 23:06
"Rossi doesn't care anyway" hmmm wonder why he switched to Bridgestones then :rolleyes:

Cocky? please care to explain...

Dani was gifted #2 IMO and if so a damn smart game play for the off season phyc by Casey and Ducati. If I was in his position thats probably one of the smartest tactical moves to consider making pre-race, so just had to be done. Maybe not.....? but whatever the case its definetely ended being the best position for Casey to be in during the off season I reckon for any number of reasons.

ChrisS
9th November 2007, 00:54
"Rossi doesn't care anyway" hmmm wonder why he switched to Bridgestones then :rolleyes:

Cocky? please care to explain...

Dani was gifted #2 IMO and if so a damn smart game play for the off season phyc by Casey and Ducati. If I was in his position thats probably one of the smartest tactical moves to consider making pre-race, so just had to be done. Maybe not.....? but whatever the case its definetely ended being the best position for Casey to be in during the off season I reckon for any number of reasons.

without knowing what ArmchairBikeFan wanted to say this is how I understood his post

Stoner is cocky, all riders are cocky. Stoner wouldnt give away a win just to spite Rossi

Rossi doesn't care if he is 2nd 3rd or 20th, anything other than 1st isnt good enough, thats why he wants Bridgestones (that I think is a bad idea btw)

ArmchairBikeFan
9th November 2007, 12:11
without knowing what ArmchairBikeFan wanted to say this is how I understood his post

Stoner is cocky, all riders are cocky. Stoner wouldnt give away a win just to spite Rossi

Rossi doesn't care if he is 2nd 3rd or 20th, anything other than 1st isnt good enough, thats why he wants Bridgestones (that I think is a bad idea btw)

Exactly. :)

The other point was that there's no way Stoner was as quick as Pedrosa on the day. The teeny little Spaniard was outrageously quick all weekend.

NinjaMaster
11th November 2007, 11:20
Stoner isn't cocky but he is confident. And the biggest flaw with the "throwing the race" conspiracy is that he would have hurt Vale far more by equalling his 11 wins for the season. Fact is, Dani was too quick for everyone.

JETFX...
11th November 2007, 23:14
Stoner isn't cocky but he is confident. And the biggest flaw with the "throwing the race" conspiracy is that he would have hurt Vale far more by equalling his 11 wins for the season. Fact is, Dani was too quick for everyone.

Ah yes but confidence would be the reason behind throwing a race, if it had been of course???.... Not so sure about hurting Vale more though than the wins? I would assume having Casey AND Dani in front on points would not sit to well him over the winter break? that on top of losing to Hayden last year and now the stress of switching to Bridgestone all on his lonsome Yamaha is pressure unlike he has faced previously. :s mokin: