PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Sainz World Champion 2007

alleskids
2nd November 2007, 20:31
Carlos Sainz has won the World Cup for Rally Cross Country 2007, in the Volkswagen Race Touareg 2. He won this year the Transibirico Rally in Portugal and Spain and came second in Rallly Tunesie and this week in the UAE Desert Challange.
Ari Vatanen won the RCC World Cup in 1997 and Bruno Saby in 2005.

Brother John
3rd November 2007, 08:40
Carlos Sainz has won the World Cup for Rally Cross Country 2007, in the Volkswagen Race Touareg 2. He won this year the Transibirico Rally in Portugal and Spain and came second in Rallly Tunesie and this week in the UAE Desert Challange.
Ari Vatanen won the RCC World Cup in 1997 and Bruno Saby in 2005.

So what! :rolleyes:

alleskids
3rd November 2007, 08:53
Not much, just that's there is life after WRC. Just as Vatanen, Kankkunen and Saby discovered. And that Sainz still has the speed to win rallies and championships. And he s a real contender for the win in the Dakar rally.

Donney
3rd November 2007, 11:05
Congratulations, of course!!!! It shows he is still comitted to whatever he tries.

Tom206wrc
3rd November 2007, 11:52
Interesting news though ;)

ZequeArgentina
3rd November 2007, 12:42
After Ireland and RAC (errr, sorry UK rally), we have the Dakar, an amazing event to follow, and Sainz gained a lot of experience now, He will be a good candidate for 08 Dakar!! (Only that Mitsu. still hasa good vehicle advantage)

alleskids
3rd November 2007, 13:31
Volkswagen was close last year, with both Giniel de Villiers and Carlos Sainz. They have learned from what went wrong last year, so 2008 wil be a big battle. I hope they wil beat Mitsubishi after a dominance from 2001 on.

RallyBadajoz
3rd November 2007, 14:55
ĄViva Carlos! El Matador ha vuelto. Iīm very happy.

Un saludo a todo el mundo de este foro.

I love Rally and I love you.

miksu
3rd November 2007, 17:07
Good for Carlos! and i agree that he will be very tough on the next Dakar! one of the favourites i think.

FrankenSchwinn
4th November 2007, 22:14
yeah but like AFF would say, vw doesn't exactly believe in racing just like nissan. even if the new ceo of vw seems to be better than peich.... never the less, i think mitsu is still a better team than vw on the dakar. maybe their line up for the upcoming edition won't be that good though, who knows?

J.Lindstroem
5th November 2007, 12:21
So what! :rolleyes:

I think you're an idiot. Idiot!

Brother John
5th November 2007, 15:06
I think you're an idiot. Idiot!

You think what you want, I donīt care, Dakar is for idiots! Itīs only about money, danger and absolute now rally. :p :

I wonder who will cry there if one of the big names will have an accident with deadly result. Probably all the idiots who consider dakar as a rally.

Are you happy now Mr. J. Lindström?

[WRCRR]
5th November 2007, 15:26
You think what you want, I donīt care, Dakar is for idiots! Itīs only about money, danger and absolute now rally. :p :

I wonder who will cry there if one of the big names will have an accident with deadly result. Probably all the idiots who consider dakar as a rally.

Seriously...can you even be any more ignorant?

Josti
5th November 2007, 20:53

Being a bit unreasonable here BJ. Infact, Dakar is one of the few events (if not only) who owns the sheer origins of Rally.

:rolleyes:

jonas_mcrae
5th November 2007, 21:01
Carlos kicks as5

Mihai
5th November 2007, 23:27
Congrats to Carlos! He's adding a third world title in his motor racing career, following the pair of WRC titles in the early 90's.

But most of you seem to have little idea about the Cross Country Rallying World Cup. Nowdays winning the drivers' title has more to do with marketing and the budget of works teams to run more championship rounds than other manufacturers or leading privateers.

Carlos mostly faced internal competition from VW Motorsport team-mate De Villiers this year, with rivals Mitsubishi competing in selected rounds throughout the season.

The real deal in Cross Country Rallying isn't this rather unimpressive World Cup, but the Dakar Rally itself. So don't judge a person that harsh just because he's not as extatic as you are!

alleskids
6th November 2007, 21:42
That's right, the CCR World Cup is more or less a lottery the last couple of years. But it is good for the moral of the VW team. An dit keeps the CEO and sponsors happy.
VW is still the underdug against Mitsubishi, in a rally that is more pure than most of the WRC these days. So there is nothing wrong with being enthousiastic about it, and lett other people life for there rally passion instead of instantly bringing it down with sharing negative energy.