PDA

View Full Version : NHIS Reconfiguration?

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
2nd November 2007, 16:23
Now Bruton Smith has NHIS will he move a date the second date to Vages? or reconfigure the track? or both. NHIS races have been boring as hell this year :o , add some banking to it (hell even try and make it what bristol usd to be).

What would you like to see done at NHIS?

MD24
2nd November 2007, 16:29
Add some banking and stands

harvick#1
2nd November 2007, 18:07
leave it alone, the track is unique and shouldn't be changed.

I think Pocono or Cali should've lost a date before New Hampshire.

I like some creativity in tracks, not 1.5 mile dull 15 degree banking, single file racing

BobbyC
2nd November 2007, 18:13
Keep in mind the track has made the old apron part of the track, so it's now 4 and 12 degrees on the banking.

Jonesi
2nd November 2007, 18:36
Brian france was just quoted on NascarNow that the deals & schedule for '08 are finalized. So there will be no transfer of races dates until '09.

Jonesi
2nd November 2007, 18:55
Bruton Smith was just on camera. The announcer tried to nail him down on his plans for the track and race dates, he wasn't playing.;-) BTW the deal was $343mil!

jeffconn
3rd November 2007, 01:21
FYI, apparently Bob Bahre tossed in his 50% of North Wilkesboro Speedway as part of the deal. Bruton Smith nows owns 100% of North Wilkeboro Speedway. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

jeffconn
3rd November 2007, 01:34
In acquiring NHIS, Smith also got the Bahres' interest in North Wilkesboro.

"I'm now the proud owner of 100 percent of North Wilkesboro," Smith said. "I offered to give that to Bob for a Christmas present, and he said, 'Go to hell.'"

(i'm not sure if Smith was joking or not) ;)

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=299235

RaceFanStan
4th November 2007, 17:55
When it comes to money, I expect Bob Bahre doesn't joke around.
He got the Cup date from North Wilkesboro but after that it was worthless to him. :s

Jonesi
5th November 2007, 19:08
BTW For those keeping score: The only independent (non ISC or SMI owned) tracks left in Cup are; Dover Downs (2 Cup dates), Pocono (2) and Indy (1).

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
6th November 2007, 10:02
i could loose both pocono dates and not notice. they along with the last NHIS were the most boring races we have had this year.

Pocono was never that boring before they changed the gearing rule was it?

Cole_Trickle
6th November 2007, 13:14
I like the fact that NHIS isn't a 1.5/2mi oval like all the rest, but it is boring, some real high banking would really liven it up, unfortunately it's more likely nothing will happen to it and it'll lose one of it's dates...and then the other.

call_me_andrew
7th November 2007, 05:21
I think Pocono... should've lost a date before New Hampshire.

I like some creativity in tracks, not 1.5 mile dull 15 degree banking, single file racing

I think those statements contradict each other.

Nope. In fact the ARCA races are pretty good.

I think they should change NHIS back to what it was like 10 years ago. It all started going to crap when they put that damn sealant down.

RaceFanStan
7th November 2007, 13:53
On a personal note, I never liked Loudon after Adam Petty died on the track ...
I even hoped the track would close ...
(BTW, I always think of Adam Petty when NASCAR races there)

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/c.jpg

Loudon received several changes after 2 drivers crashed & perished on the track in 2000 ...

Adam Petty died on the track from injuries received in a crash @ Loudon May 12, 2000.
Adam hit the wall hard during during practice for that weekend's Busch Series race.

Kenny Irwin Jr died on the track from injuries received in a crash @ Loudon July 7, 2000.
Kenny hit the wall hard during practice for that weekend's Winston Cup Series race.

Later that year in hopes of preventing another tragic crash @ Loudon the cars were slowed ...
with restrictor plates for the September 17, 2000 Winston Cup race ...
the restrictor plates did reduce speeds but it was a BORING race with little passing ...
Jeff Burton led ALL 300 laps :s

Later improvements :
in 2001, the track surface was laser ground & sealed
in 2002, turns 1, 2, 3, & 4 were reconfigured
in 2003, SAFER Barriers were installed & Turns 1, 2, 3, & 4 repaved ...

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/c.jpg

I do expect Bruton Smith will eventually take 1 or both Cup dates to his other track(s)

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
7th November 2007, 14:07
"I honestly think you're going to see both of them stay here, I really and truly do," he said. "But I think [Smith] is going to weigh it out before he ever decides to move one. I think it would be a big mistake if he did."

The words of Bahre.

We already know that the dates wont move next year now, which i believe gives Smith the chance to let the dust settle and people time to forget hes the big bad wolf. then he'll pull one of the dates from NHIS.

While its selling out i would leave the dates there and Make some changes to the track to help the racing.

jeffmr2
8th November 2007, 22:00
I'm a fan of the 1 1/2 mile cookie cutter tracks and have been all for Vegas getting a second race date for quite sometime but i have to agree that it should not get the date at the expense of New Hampshire.Nascar needs the variety of tracks like this one.I'm no fan of Martinsville but still appreciate the uniqueness of the place.I like the fact that theres Dover and Bristol high banked and then New Hampshire and Martinsville flat.For the same reason i still think Pocono should be kept in the schedule but do wonder if theres a road course that could be used at Pocono instead for their second date?
I also think maybe the f1 road course could be used at Indy as well.
For what its worth i'm also a fan of the 2 mile tracks like Fontana and Michigan,as they have such exciting 4 wide action and so many different racing lines.
The places i think that maybe should lose theyre second date are Atlanta and/or Charlotte,its clear to see on tv there are great number of empty seats there,like i say i'm a fan of this configuration but no-one can can deny the worrying fall in attendances there.
Anyway thats my rambling for the week over with!!

tstran17_88
9th November 2007, 03:41
In my opinion, what we don’t need is another mile and half ‘D’ shaped oval in the chase. But I'm sure the deal is sealed and NHIS will lose its September date in 2009.

Using the Los Angeles market as a barometer, I wonder if this may be a bad decision as well? Oh well.

My suggestion to Burton and the powers that be at NASCAR would be to move the Bristol night race into the ‘Chase’ in place of NHIS's September date. Give the fans that support and sell this track out all the time a ‘Chase’ race. If it’s a must that Las Vegas needs a ‘Chase’ race, switch Atlanta or Lowe’s to the weekend before Labor Day since those two tracks have had issues selling out races that past few years.

muggle not
12th November 2007, 14:27
i could loose both pocono dates and not notice. they along with the last NHIS were the most boring races we have had this year.

Quoting another post ........"stop whining". It is as it is.

wedge
12th November 2007, 16:04
I like NHIS. It's kinda old-school, reminiscent of Milwaukee Mile.

The progressive banking has helped things, good side-by-side racing but not frequently enough I guess. The banking configuration probably needs revising.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
12th November 2007, 16:22
Quoting another post ........"stop whining". It is as it is.

Im not whining its called discussion. Its an amazing form of communication. It allows people to share there views and is what forums are all about. If you dont like what i said why not make an argument that opposes mine or explain your thourghts on the subject. Hell if your arguments good you might even change my mind. Im not arrogant enough to believe i know all the answers.