PDA

View Full Version : Wheels on TVU gone down again

colinspooky
1st November 2007, 16:11
Here we are in the UK sitting stuffed. Wheels gone from TVU after such a good clean run, and now it looks like I am going to miss it all.
Wonder why they can't keep it going. Copywrite problems? Techy problems? Who knows, they never reply to any questions both direct and on their forum, which is a shame.

Wonder if there is another way? Anyone?

If there is, can someone make it real simply for a complete numpty to understand.

Cheers
:eek:

RaikkonenRules
1st November 2007, 16:17
I gave up on TVU way back in April when Fox disappeared. I don't know of any other ways to watch.

colinspooky
1st November 2007, 16:31
Well I just phoned them in New York - and the tech guy was a little surprised but sympathetic.
He says they are not the broadcaster (knew that) but they are getting in touch, so fingers crossed.
If there is someone who puts this channel on, why can't there be two or three or more people who can supply it.
Can anyone in USALand come up with a worthwhile solution?
;)

RaceFanStan
1st November 2007, 16:52
NASCAR & the networks are riding the high end of popularity & they set their prices accordingly. :s hock:
The bottom line is that NASCAR & the networks charge a premium price to share the races. :eek:
To get the service TVU has to pay the price demanded, free enterprise isn't really free. :s
The subscribers need to tell TVU to quit being penny-pinchers & pony-up the money to pay for the service. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

colinspooky
1st November 2007, 16:56
What I need is some friendly US type person to place the visual and audio goodness of the events upon an unsuspecting DVD and despatch with all haste across pond to my abode.
:rolleyes:

Hoss Ghoul
2nd November 2007, 08:59
Whatever happened to Sopcast? You used to be able to watch the races on that program as well. The quality wasn't quite as good as TVU, but the race always seemed to be on.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
2nd November 2007, 12:11
as much as i hate the service and price of NASN. it works out at what £3.75 a race not that bad.

colinspooky
5th November 2007, 15:45
as much as i hate the service and price of NASN. it works out at what £3.75 a race not that bad.

Yep, it's ok, but only for Sky monkeys - not Virgins like me --- for some reason we get all the Satanta batch, but not NASN2 - just Ireland gets that on Virgin.

So I ask, wtf is that all about.

:mad:

I need a top speed broadband too, so it just wouldn't pay to move - grrrr

gary_580
12th November 2007, 13:43
NASCAR & the networks are riding the high end of popularity & they set their prices accordingly. :s hock:

I dont think they are. Theyre having problems with dropping viewing figures

gary_580
12th November 2007, 13:46
Yep, it's ok, but only for Sky monkeys - not Virgins like me --- for some reason we get all the Satanta batch, but not NASN2 - just Ireland gets that on Virgin.

So I ask, wtf is that all about.

:mad:

I need a top speed broadband too, so it just wouldn't pay to move - grrrr

its not NASN2 thats the issue its Setanta Ireland

Its because Virgin cant restrict programmes from going out that Setanta dont have the rights to show in the UK (or so they say!!). Sky can do this and hence why Setanta Ireland is available in the UK, although some programme are scrambled

gary_580
12th November 2007, 13:47
Whatever happened to Sopcast? You used to be able to watch the races on that program as well. The quality wasn't quite as good as TVU, but the race always seemed to be on.

The person who used to upload to Sopcast stopped doing it at the start of the chase

colinspooky
16th November 2007, 16:06
The person who used to upload to Sopcast stopped doing it at the start of the chase

Is this a complex science, or can someone else do it?

:)

And joy - Wheels is back. Hope my phone call to them had something to do with it.