PDA

View Full Version : Wales Rally Entry List published

Le NaRcX
1st November 2007, 15:29
http://walesrallygb.com/documents/2007_RGB_List_of_Entries_Received_-_Subject_to_FIA_Approval_1-11-07.pdf

Where's Valentino Rossi? :(

c4
1st November 2007, 15:40
Not too shabby an entry. Interesting to see Rautenbach in Xsara and Stuart Jones in MG.
28 WRCs I think. Pity about Vale.

Tom206wrc
1st November 2007, 15:59
A bit disappointed Dani Sola isn't entered with the 207 S2000 as in Corsica :(

Surprised that Polish Michal Kosziuszko is entered in a Grande Punto S2000 :eek:

sal
1st November 2007, 16:12
No Lancer WRC for Aava?

MikeD
1st November 2007, 17:12
No Lancer WRC for Aava?

I had hoped for the Lancer WRC with Aava as well. :(

Anybody know what team will be running Rautenbach's Xsara? PH-Sport?, Astra Racing?

Tom206wrc
1st November 2007, 17:18
And also note the absence of Dudu :(

bf1_IRL
1st November 2007, 17:28
PH ran him in the C2 in the BRC this year so I would guess it would be them..

dyfi1
1st November 2007, 18:09

Surprised that Polish Michal Kosziuszko is entered in a Grande Punto S2000 :eek:

Tom, check entry no. 71. Dani Sola, Honda Civic Type`R`, classe A7. The same Dani Sola??

N
1st November 2007, 18:14
Yes, the same one as in Spain.

J4MIE
1st November 2007, 18:36
And also note the absence of Dudu :(

And why are you surprised by that? :confused:

MikeD
1st November 2007, 18:47
And why are you surprised by that? :confused:

I guess because Duval said he was trying to get the money to do Rally GB.

==

The reason Rossi won't do Rally GB:

By Toby Moody, autosport.com

Valentino Rossi has scrapped his plans to contest this year's Wales Rally GB at the request of his Yamaha MotoGP team.

The Italian was set to compete in the rally in a Subaru Impreza in December, but Yamaha boss Masao Furasawa has requested that Rossi attends the final MotoGP test of the year at Jerez instead.

Rossi competed in Rally New Zealand last year, and he had planned to make the WRC finale his only appearance in the championship in 2007.

"Last year I did Rally New Zealand because I had the time," said Rossi. "At the beginning I said to Yamaha if it was possible not to come to Jerez and they said no problem."

Yamaha's change in policy is likely to be down to the fact that this year's MotoGP championship has been dominated by Casey Stoner for Ducati.

"Over the last few days Mr Furasawa said to me if it is possible to cancel the rally and I said yes," Rossi added. "It is a maximum effort (for 2008)."

Rossi will mainly focus on a range of new engine set-ups in a bid to improve the electronics of the engine, which should help the torque of the Japanese unit.

Josti
1st November 2007, 19:15
That's a great entry.

Looking forward to the Group N battle, cause it holds a very strong field. Hope the MG can follow too :up:

Langdale Forest
1st November 2007, 20:17
27 WRC cars including a Hyundai and a Skoda Octavia!

There has been 8 WRC car manufactures in the 2007 WRC. :cool:

Citroen, Ford, Subaru, Skoda, Peugout, Mitsubishi, Suzuki and Hyundai.

dimviii
1st November 2007, 20:35
evgeniy Novikov number8:eek: :eek: :eek:

curious about this guy!!

also allesandro bettega in number 44 :eek:

plus all the usual suspects!

veeeery interesting rally not only about the world champion :D

White Sauron
1st November 2007, 22:07
evgeniy Novikov number8:eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

Hope, our Vertu will beat him just like he beat him to the championship.

GigiGalliNo1
2nd November 2007, 04:28
Rautenbach's C2 on wrc.com looks amazing that shot!! :D

http://www.wrc.com/page/JWRCBreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1157744,00.html

More drivers the better and cars! :D

feresc13
2nd November 2007, 08:04

Yes, it's a pitty that Solà is in entry list with the Civic instead of the 207, but did you see the accident that had the car in last Rally Valais?

Look: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8819936097405436119

pantealex
2nd November 2007, 10:33
Wilks and Evans are also in PWRC (+McShea,Hänninen,Baldacci and others), so not so easy task for Higgins and Pozzo to get in top 2.

AGA
2nd November 2007, 10:52
Where's Valentino Rossi? :(

He will be testing in Jerez
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63728

J4MIE
2nd November 2007, 12:16
Wilks and Evans are also in PWRC (+McShea,Hänninen,Baldacci and others), so not so easy task for Higgins and Pozzo to get in top 2.

Wilks and Evans aren't registered for the PCWRC so will not score points for that.

Roy
2nd November 2007, 12:28
Barry Clark in A N4 :confused: No Fiesta N3, or Ford Focus A8?
Which N4, a Stobart packed Sunbaru/Mitsubishi maybe?

pino
2nd November 2007, 12:29
It will be nice to see young Bettega back in action, good luck to him :up:

sal
2nd November 2007, 12:43
Dont forget that the event is also the last round of the British Rally Championship hence the likes of Guy Wilkes and Gwndaff. As mentioned by Jamie they wont be eligble for PWRC points....

c4
2nd November 2007, 12:49
Dont forget that the event is also the last round of the British Rally Championship hence the likes of Guy Wilkes and Gwndaff. As mentioned by Jamie they wont be eligble for PWRC points....

They will be, as wild card entrants.

Tom206wrc
2nd November 2007, 13:06
Yes, it's a pitty that Solà is in entry list with the Civic instead of the 207, but did you see the accident that had the car in last Rally Valais?

Look: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8819936097405436119

But therefore it seems the Twister Corse/Enjolras 207 is already repaired !! It's currently running the Critérium des Cévennes, event of the french tarmac rallies championship !! :confused:

Roy
2nd November 2007, 13:15
But therefore it seems the Twister Corse/Enjolras 207 is already repaired !! It's currently running the Critérium des Cévennes, event of the french tarmac rallies championship !! :confused:
He have a contract with Honda http://www.danisola.com/

sal
2nd November 2007, 13:23
They will be, as wild card entrants.

Just goes to show how little interest I have in our own "Premier" rally championship!

Brother John
3rd November 2007, 08:45

We don´t want to see only Peugeot 207 S2000, I´m happy to see several brand of cars! :s mokin:

Addicted
3rd November 2007, 12:22
What nationality is 128 Adrian Linton`s BDS?

ZequeArgentina
3rd November 2007, 12:42
Just goes to show how little interest I have in our own "Premier" rally championship!

Those wild card entries will majke Pozzo´s PWRC title dream extremely difficult to achieve!!

c4
3rd November 2007, 13:23
Those wild card entries will majke Pozzo´s PWRC title dream extremely difficult to achieve!!

Indeed

MikeD
3rd November 2007, 18:55
I have a question about Conrad Rautenbach. Am I the only one who is more than a little surprised how a driver from a country (Zimbabwe) with an inflation of almost 1000% and with no relavant car market what so ever, can produce a driver in WRC?

Which sponsors does he have and why does Citroen want to give him a car. I have just looked at his results in JWRC and they don't look that impressive.

Is he any good?

c4
3rd November 2007, 20:36
I have a question about Conrad Rautenbach. Am I the only one who is more than a little surprised how a driver from a country (Zimbabwe) with an inflation of almost 1000% and with no relavant car market what so ever, can produce a driver in WRC?

Which sponsors does he have and why does Citroen want to give him a car. I have just looked at his results in JWRC and they don't look that impressive.

Is he any good?

Won the Safari this year and South African champ 2007. John Loyd helped with budget last year or so. Had bad luck mainly during BRC and JRC appearances (mechanical woes and odd accident). Has much potential and backing.
Xsara will be run by PH Sport who also supplied C2 S1600 during the year.

noel157
4th November 2007, 14:34

Is he any good?

Is Conrad the son of THE Billy Rautenbach? Who used to be the SA importer of Hyundai and has various mining "interests"?

c4
4th November 2007, 15:26
Is Conrad the son of THE Billy Rautenbach? Who used to be the SA importer of Hyundai and has various mining "interests"?

Yes he is - Billy used to be a regular on the Safari in the late 80s.

rallymaster
4th November 2007, 16:15

I think he is from Barbados.

noel157
4th November 2007, 18:00
Yes he is - Billy used to be a regular on the Safari in the late 80s.

I know about Billy Rautenbach's rallying past, I was thinking more about his business activities. Is he the same man who has been making the news over the last few tears?

c4
4th November 2007, 18:06
I know about Billy Rautenbach's rallying past, I was thinking more about his business activities. Is he the same man who has been making the news over the last few tears?

Yes

noel157
4th November 2007, 18:12
Yes

Have you got a link that indicates this?
If you're correct, then that answer's MikeD's question.

c4
4th November 2007, 18:23
No link, but trust me it is him.

noel157
5th November 2007, 00:02
No link, but trust me it is him.

So essentially you don't know. No worries, back to topic.

bowler
5th November 2007, 07:31
interesting concept.

nothing is real unless it has a link?

noel157
5th November 2007, 10:14
interesting concept.

nothing is real unless it has a link?

Is anything real in our virtual community? Asking for a link seems standard practice to substantiate a point or a comment. How many times have we seen somebody post a "fact" without reference and the next post asks for a link. So yes, I suppose nothing is real without a link. But then the value of something being real is relative, isn't it?

Tazz
5th November 2007, 13:53
Rautenbach hasn't won the South african championship. Only african championship this year. And money talks in WRC at the moment

feresc13
5th November 2007, 14:12

Ups, I didn't know that, I just suposed that the car was really damaged

He have a contract with Honda http://www.danisola.com/

Yes, you're right, but this year he ran twice wiht the 207, in Principe de Asturias and in Tour de Corse. I think that all the experiences that he can get with the Peugeot will be perfect to develop a Honda S2000

[WRCRR]
5th November 2007, 15:34
http://www.conradrautenbach.com/about.html

Theres the link you need noel.

c4
5th November 2007, 17:51
Is anything real in our virtual community? Asking for a link seems standard practice to substantiate a point or a comment. How many times have we seen somebody post a "fact" without reference and the next post asks for a link. So yes, I suppose nothing is real without a link. But then the value of something being real is relative, isn't it?

Understand where you are coming from. I will endeavour to make more considered and sourced posts in future.

bennizw
5th November 2007, 18:23
This Norwegian motorsport site says today that Valentino Rossi WILL start Wales Rally GB anyway.

http://www.motorsport.no/bilsport/rally/article3105657.ece

noel157
5th November 2007, 20:40
Understand where you are coming from. I will endeavour to make more considered and sourced posts in future.

No worries there C4. I'm not actually talking about the family's rallying history (WRCRR - thanks anyway), but young Conrad's father's business history.
But we'll get back on topic and leave the issue.

White Sauron
6th November 2007, 13:05
An exclusive interview with Evgeny Vertunov after Rally Japan and ahead of Rally Wales:

http://rallystuff.net/article-679-Exclusive_QA_Evgeny_Vertunov.aspx

Jordib
6th November 2007, 15:32
He asked JAS Motorsport to change Rally Valais for the Wales Rally GB in order to be able to run two events of the spanish gravel championship the same weekend of Valais. JAS accepted the change and now Dani Solà lies first on this national championship and next weekend can be champion.

Ups, I didn't know that, I just suposed that the car was really damaged

Yes, you're right, but this year he ran twice wiht the 207, in Principe de Asturias and in Tour de Corse. I think that all the experiences that he can get with the Peugeot will be perfect to develop a Honda S2000

Wim_Impreza
6th November 2007, 16:02
Thank you, White Sauron. Really nice to read that interview.

jonlint
7th November 2007, 12:27

Barbados - a small rally-crazy dot in the Caribbean. Check out our website at http://www.kickastra.com

kickastra
7th November 2007, 12:50
I think he is from Barbados.
That is correct.

Audimadgeoff
7th November 2007, 13:27

Is he any good?

Yes he is good! Scored African Championship points on his rallying debut. Won not only the Safari this year (beating the works FIAT's i might add) but also the African (not South African - one is a continent, the other a country within the aformentioned continent.) Rally Championship. He was last years BRC junior champ and has scored JRC podiums on both gravel and tarmac.
He's had a lot of bad luck this year but podiums and fastest stage times (Finland and Germany - two rather different types of event) show he's got what it takes.

As far as him being Billy's son... so what? There are plenty of 'stories' about Malcolm Wilson. Conrad might have backers froma variety of backgrounds but he is talented enough to take advantage of that... and I can assure you he puts a lot of effort into his rallying! I wish him all the best of luck on Wales Rally GB!

Carlo
7th November 2007, 19:19
Interesting entry in car #48. Hayden Paddon the 20 year old New Zealander who won this years NZ's Asia Pacific Championship round as well as finishing up 2nd in the NZ National Championship.

White Sauron
7th November 2007, 19:51
Interesting entry in car #48. Hayden Paddon the 20 year old New Zealander who won this years NZ's Asia Pacific Championship round as well as finishing up 2nd in the NZ National Championship.

Good rival for Novikov. Seems they have comparable achievements in national series.

noel157
7th November 2007, 22:47
Yes he is good! Scored African Championship points on his rallying debut. Won not only the Safari this year (beating the works FIAT's i might add) but also the African (not South African - one is a continent, the other a country within the aformentioned continent.) Rally Championship. He was last years BRC junior champ and has scored JRC podiums on both gravel and tarmac.
He's had a lot of bad luck this year but podiums and fastest stage times (Finland and Germany - two rather different types of event) show he's got what it takes.

As far as him being Billy's son... so what? There are plenty of 'stories' about Malcolm Wilson. Conrad might have backers froma variety of backgrounds but he is talented enough to take advantage of that... and I can assure you he puts a lot of effort into his rallying! I wish him all the best of luck on Wales Rally GB!

Yes, young Conrad does have talent behind the wheel. Saw him earlier this year on tarmac in the C2.

I wasn't condeming somebody because of their father's history. I simply asked if the person in question was his father.

BTW, might be a good idea to withdraw your Wilson comment unless you've very deep pockets to pay your lawyer. Billy Rautenbach's activities in SA, DRC and Zimbabwe are a matter of public record rather than rumour.

Audimadgeoff
7th November 2007, 23:40
Yes, young Conrad does have talent behind the wheel. Saw him earlier this year on tarmac in the C2.

I wasn't condeming somebody because of their father's history. I simply asked if the person in question was his father.

BTW, might be a good idea to withdraw your Wilson comment unless you've very deep pockets to pay your lawyer. Billy Rautenbach's activities in SA, DRC and Zimbabwe are a matter of public record rather than rumour. I'm not saying that Malcolm is guilty, or that there is even any truth to some of the allegations in the past... all I was saying is that people shouldn't believe everything they read in the press. Perhaps 'stories' should have been replaced by 'rumours' but as I don't have an edit button that'll have to remain.

Anyway, back to Wales Rally GB - should be an interesting rally, with a number of battles throughout the field!

euskalteam
8th November 2007, 11:22
So finally Valentino yes or not for Walles??

pauldrew
8th November 2007, 11:24
Anyway, back to Wales Rally GB - should be an interesting rally, with a number of battles throughout the field!

Including a bit of brotherly rivalry in cars 90 and 91!

As long as we finish in that order :)

Addicted
8th November 2007, 20:47
Barbados - a small rally-crazy dot in the Caribbean. Check out our website at www.kickastra.com (http://www.kickastra.com)

Thank you and for also rallymaster about this information

Maui J.
9th November 2007, 01:07

Seems as he has taken over the Jordan Rally Team PWRC entry for this event.
Will be following closely how he goes on his first overseas WRC event. He had a bit of bad luck at Rally NZ (he was a wildcard entry for PWRC here) this year when his gearbox packed up on the first day. Very fast and very smooth driver, and with the backing to advance in the sport.
Not sure what car he will drive at Wales but his team are building a LHD Evo 9 for the 2008 NZRC. Unusual for the fact that we drive with RHD cars in this country, but I guess a stepping stone to bigger things.

Here's a link to Hayden's webpage that includes a story about Wales GB.
http://www.paddonrallysport.co.nz/index.html

Carlo
9th November 2007, 07:39
and with the backing to advance in the sport.

The backing Hayden has is the attitude of his family, friends, supporters and most importantly himself. we all know that race drivers mature at a younger age than rally drivers but year for year agewise/racewise Hayden is at least the equal of Scott Dixon the NZ Indy Car driver. He is a special talent.