PDA

View Full Version : Anyone - Experience With a Radical Race Car

Feffman
1st November 2007, 04:14
Good Evening:

I made the mistake of looking closely at a Radical (http://www.Radicalextremesportscars.com)while at Hallett earlier this week. Those with experience, could/would you please share your thoughts on the Radical most notably on servicability (I'll be forced to do most minor work), fun for the dollar and of course maintenance cost. Thanks in advance.

Mark Pfeffer
[email:gfajyglo]Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com[/email:gfajyglo]

CCFanatic
1st November 2007, 20:34
Radicals are great cars. Pretty easy to work on, from what I have seen. They are exptremely erliable using the Hayabusa engine. Kinda pricey. About 40 grand for a used machine.

First season costs for the SCCA season would be about 100 grand(dollars), and for every season, with a 12-15 race season, about 25-30 thousand dollars. You have big money to run those.

I hope you are not a beginer in the fine art of club racing, as if you are, then you better beware the sticker shock. If you are not careful, you will be that first tire bill and pakc up and leave trying to sell you stuff before you even hit the track. Just have fun. That is what those cars are meant for. Close, racing that is safe and fun.

samehere
5th December 2007, 09:20
Radicals are great cars. Pretty easy to work on, from what I have seen. They are exptremely erliable using the Hayabusa engine. Kinda pricey. About 40 grand for a used machine.

First season costs for the SCCA season would be about 100 grand(dollars), and for every season, with a 12-15 race season, about 25-30 thousand dollars. You have big money to run those.

I hope you are not a beginer in the fine art of club racing, as if you are, then you better beware the sticker shock. If you are not careful, you will be that first tire bill and pakc up and leave trying to sell you stuff before you even hit the track. Just have fun. That is what those cars are meant for. Close, racing that is safe and fun.

right