PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who?

ArrowsFA1
4th January 2007, 11:29
http://mm.motor21.com//Español/Deportes/Motor/Fórmula_1/casco_alonso1_des.jpg

This (reportedly) is the new helmet design for one of the McLaren drivers. Call you tell who :confused:

More photos at http://www.motor21.com/

Knock-on
4th January 2007, 11:34
I would have thought with the Red and Yellow that it's Alonso.

Donney
4th January 2007, 11:39
Me too, but I expected it to be more obviously spanish (not that I care though).
In any case I like it very much.

ArrowsFA1
4th January 2007, 11:53
I hate the blummin thing because to me it's yet another example of corporate image walking all over individuality.

The only two things it says to me are Vodaphone (red & white), and Mercedes (German flag colours).

Dazz9908
4th January 2007, 11:59
Its Lewis.

pino
4th January 2007, 12:05
It's Alonso, ital media have confirmed that :p :

Ranger
4th January 2007, 12:11
Shame, I like a bit of consistency when it comes to drivers helmets.

Maybe he didn't want to keep that light blue on his helmet - that would've been too "Renault" for McLaren.

Though I did look at the site, and I have to say that this picture worries me a little more:

http://mm.motor21.com/Español/Deportes/Motor/Fórmula_1/mclaren2.jpg

Storm
4th January 2007, 12:25
It looks more like the German tri-colour than 2 colours from the Spanish flag.

eloyf1
4th January 2007, 12:41
McLaren doesn't let him to put blue in his helmet (He wants to put it because of the Asyurias flag) 'cause it's exactly the blue than Renault's... I DON'T LIKE THIS HELMET!!!

pino
4th January 2007, 12:47
I DON'T LIKE THIS HELMET!!!

Neither most of Alonso's fans...the Asturyas blue is missing :down:

CarlMetro
4th January 2007, 13:15
Yuk!

Viv
4th January 2007, 13:23
The helmet as such is not bad I think but for Alonso?? :eek:

jens
4th January 2007, 13:35
Why something on his helmet that reminds German flag? For Mercedes? :)

millencolin
4th January 2007, 13:59
its crap! honestly, it looks woeful.... it looks like a belmet you borrow when you hire a go kart at your local track... yuk

ArrowsFA1
4th January 2007, 14:11
I've seen a couple of things said elsewhere about this design:

1 - it's based on a design Alonso used when karting
2 - it's a photoshop fake

:confused: :crazy:

Tazio
4th January 2007, 14:39
I hate the blummin thing because to me it's yet another example of corporate image walking all over individuality.

The only two things it says to me are Vodaphone (red & white), and Mercedes (German flag colours).

Excellent observation! The level of corporate influence is so pervasive! IMHO it degrades the spirit of the sport! All sport. Excuse me; I come from a time when athletes didn't need to wring every advertising penny out of their equipment. The silly thing is, it is probably in his contract to wear these logos. The ads may bring in money to the sport it adorns. But the cost of this type of activity is always proportionately passed on to the consumer!

Otherwise it just looks like a piece of gear that protects his melon!

EuroTroll
4th January 2007, 15:36
Yuk!

Indeed. :dozey:

4th January 2007, 16:49
Looks like they're all at it.

jens
4th January 2007, 17:08
I'm a rare exception here, but I have nothing against Alonso's helmet. :)

Maybe it's because I like German flag and things, where white is a dominant color (like 2006 BMW F1 car). :p :

Copse
4th January 2007, 19:02
Yuk!

I second that! White with german colours, seriously?

Looks just like their soccer team. :(

janneppi
4th January 2007, 20:38
Ohmygod, what a sellout, there is a Ferrari badge on the helmet. :)

Tazio
5th January 2007, 01:14

Is this a violation of the tabacco ad ban? Or does it only aply to the cars.

As a Ferrari Fan I think this helmet really sucks!! Don't wear that piece of crap Kimi! Please!!

Ranger
5th January 2007, 07:28
As a Ferrari Fan I think this helmet really sucks!! Don't wear that piece of crap Kimi! Please!!

What?? I think he has one of the best helmets on the grid. Much better than Schumacher's all-red helmet, I'd say.

Tazio
5th January 2007, 07:59
What?? I think he has one of the best helmets on the grid. Much better than Schumacher's all-red helmet, I'd say.

I THINK IT IS WAY TOO--- HOW SHOULD I PUT IT-- BUSY. PERSONALLY I THINK IT WOULD BE WAY COOLER IF HE HAD ALL BLACK WITH "THE ICE MAN" ON ONE SIDE, AND THE PRANCER IN A YELLOW FIELD ON THE OTHER.
A LITTLE OLD SCHOOLISH---SCREW THE REST OF THE CRAP ON IT.

Ranger
5th January 2007, 09:30
Too old school. Besides, at least it does have a working colour scheme and you can see a base to the helmet design. Which are both great in themselves, but it also means you won't have to second guess who the driver is by sheerly looking.

I find that much better than having to squint to see a slight trace of one colour on the helmet to tell me who the driver is - a la Liuzzi.

PSfan
5th January 2007, 10:29
My prediction for Alonso's helmet take his design from last year, and replace the light blue with Chrome...

ArrowsFA1
5th January 2007, 14:46
How good is your Spanish? - http://www.aerodiseno.com/

Donney
5th January 2007, 15:05
Mine is pretty good thank you :p :

They basically say that the news regarding the design of Alonso's helmet are false. That is a 3d design of a helmet which by no means is Alonso's. They didn't give those pics to the press and deny having any relationship with it.

Alonso's new helmet will be oficially presented at the same time as the car in Valencia.

ArrowsFA1
5th January 2007, 15:40
Mine is pretty good thank you :p :
:laugh:

Thanks for the translation Donney :up:

Donney
5th January 2007, 21:11
Thanks for the link! Now we have another thing to ponder about. :p :

canada
6th January 2007, 02:26
I don't know, but couldn't that image be a promotional creation for McLaren as opposed to any of the drivers' actual helmet? It has absolutely no mention of any driver on the helmet, and the only features on it are the two sponsors and a German flag (presumably representing Mercedes-Benz). There are no distinguishing features to represent any driver on the helmet.