PDA

View Full Version : Pick up Team of the year?

truckmonster
31st October 2007, 19:39
Last year Karl Turner and his Just for fun motorsport team won team of the year,any ideas on which team should win it this year?

racing59
31st October 2007, 20:24
In terms of determination - Team Cheerio's.
In terms of frustration - Tony Mumford (how many engines?)

pickup
31st October 2007, 22:20

Should've paid for one good one instead of numerous but cheap ones.

Gasman#99
31st October 2007, 22:28
It would have to be safety pickup #1, after all there allways there every race, they never get moody if things go wrong, and there one of very few who have never hit the wall!!!

racing59
1st November 2007, 09:07
They've brushed very close to it on many occasions!

deadsquirrel
1st November 2007, 10:17
They've brushed very close to it on many occasions!

but not as close as the #59 in turn 3 ;)

deadsquirrel
1st November 2007, 10:18
It would have to be safety pickup #1, after all there allways there every race, they never get moody if things go wrong, and there one of very few who have never hit the wall!!!

Thanks - we have 3 trucks out at every event, and none have any sticker rubs :)

royale31
2nd November 2007, 11:06
I think it should go to briggo's lot from what I believe Dave Briggs' guys have helped Tony Mungford out on numerous occasions this year and they are ral friendly bunch and are always willing to help anyone..

briggs'mechanic
2nd November 2007, 11:09
Thanks royale31, at the end of the day that is what PUT is all about everyone helping each other!!

pickup
2nd November 2007, 13:53
Tony Mungford

I think i like that better than his real name.
Just about everybody has helped Tony at some time just to keep that extra truck running!

Yung
2nd November 2007, 15:04
For Team...... the Nokia truck and Cheerios truck gets my vote....... There should be a Pickup Person of the year....... and i'd vote myself! LOL! Cause i've been to every race meeting WITH OR WITHOUT a truck to work on. And thanks to Dave Briggs and his crew for the hospitality when Rich Novell wasn't racing. :)

truckmonster
4th November 2007, 22:28
Dave Briggs for spirit fpick up trucks then,and for lending everyone his ladders for the banners at Brands!

pickup
5th November 2007, 00:47

Hey Tony is that right you had ANOTHER engine failure at Brands, you really are going to have to find another engine builder!

Pickup55
5th November 2007, 08:30
Hey Tony is that right you had ANOTHER engine failure at Brands, you really are going to have to find another engine builder!

Thats right

With two new pistons after Pembrey it was hopeless all weekend with no grunt and felt like I was towing a caravan

Eventually let go on lap 10 - bent valves I think

Donations for a new engine gladly accepted - lol

racing59
5th November 2007, 09:32
Time to buy something with a V8 in it I reckon!

Man you've had some bad luck with engines!

(I know where there's a V7......)

Nick Brad
5th November 2007, 12:46
Thats right

With two new pistons after Pembrey it was hopeless all weekend with no grunt and felt like I was towing a caravan

Eventually let go on lap 10 - bent valves I think

Donations for a new engine gladly accepted - lol

You've been getting a dodgy deal since I joined you in 2005 and this year has taken the biscuit, you deserve better.
I think you and Rob really need to get talking, I was originally thinking along the lines of teaming you guys up whilst you can still race the pickups, but with the revised race dates for next year it doesn't look like the two series will be together much.
Now is the ideal time to jump ship and come play in the cars, I know you can race well on road courses and the oval, I've seen you do it and now the cars will give you that opportunity.

Nick Brad
5th November 2007, 12:48

The engine builder is at fault, but not how you may be thinking. All i'll say is that when Dave Brigg's leant him an excellent engine for Rockingham, it was built by the same person...............

briggs'mechanic
5th November 2007, 16:48
The engine builder is at fault, but not how you may be thinking. All i'll say is that when Dave Brigg's leant him an excellent engine for Rockingham, it was built by the same person...............

I wish we had a spare engine to lend, I do believe Phil White lent him the engine...

pickup
5th November 2007, 16:56
I wish we had a spare engine to lend, I do believe Phil White lent him the engine...

It was indeed Phil Whites spare i think he's had it 2or3 years and was worried about using it as it was built by the same engine builder that Tony uses.
Perhaps Tony should have made Phil an offer for it!

truckmonster
6th November 2007, 21:37
Danceys team gets my vote for team of the year after his championship,although the Grindrods and Carr/Hodgson team(3 trucks),have done well too!

Nick Brad
6th November 2007, 23:57

You're absolutely right both of you, lack of sleep is to blame I'm afraid, only 3hrs the night before. :o

I don't have a favorite team, I get on well with so many teams up and down the pitlane that I'd never single one out.

A race fan
9th November 2007, 19:15
Danceys team gets my vote for team of the year after his championship,although the Grindrods and Carr/Hodgson team(3 trucks),have done well too!

thats right truck monster forget the north lol

A race fan
9th November 2007, 19:17
For Team...... the Nokia truck and Cheerios truck gets my vote....... There should be a Pickup Person of the year....... and i'd vote myself! LOL! Cause i've been to every race meeting WITH OR WITHOUT a truck to work on. And thanks to Dave Briggs and his crew for the hospitality when Rich Novell wasn't racing. :)

hope you are going the awards night you can buy me a few beers for drinking all mine just before you lot went the bar only joking Yung hope to see you all there

truckmonster
16th November 2007, 19:35
I will see you there race fan in the "northern" section Ha Ha! :beer: :beer: :bandit: :bandit:

A race fan
16th November 2007, 19:46
I will see you there race fan in the "northern" section Ha Ha! :beer: :beer: :bandit: :bandit:

you missed a few more pints off lol

truckmonster
16th November 2007, 19:51
I tried but can only have up to 5 pics so 20 pints will have to wait till next weekend buddy!!

A race fan
16th November 2007, 19:54
I tried but can only have up to 5 pics so 20 pints will have to wait till next weekend buddy!!

20 sounds ok to me mate