PDA

View Full Version : Oh God!! Halloween

Brown, Jon Brow
31st October 2007, 16:33
I've just remembered it's Halloween tonight and I'm alone in my house.

It's not that I'm scared of ghosts and murderers, it's the little pesky kids coming around and asking me to give them sweets or they will throw eggs at me :mad:

Call me a miserable bugger, but I don't get it!

Hazell B
31st October 2007, 17:40
Miserable bugger :p :

I never answer the door frankly. Let them buy their own damned sweets, I say.

Anyway, I'll be out all evening. It's my busy time of year ;)

jim mcglinchey
31st October 2007, 17:50
Its the noise I cant stand, its like a bad night in Baghdad. Every bugger in the country has fireworks and it'll go on into the small hours. Bah, humbug!

SEATFreak
31st October 2007, 18:00
I have lived in a cul-de-sac all my life, and, I know theirs very few kids compared to when I was little, but I must say going on todays "little un's" Trick or Treating seems to have been a lot more popular when I was little.

I still do everything but man the battlements and run out the cannons to stop them coming!

Hazell B
31st October 2007, 18:03
Speaking of fireworks going off, we've had very few here this year - so far!

It's cold and windy tonight, so fingers are crossed we'll end up getting no callers :p :

GridGirl
31st October 2007, 19:13
I've never been a fan of trick or treating. I just kind of see it as glorified begging. :s Wake me up when its Guy Fawkes next week. :D

Easy Drifter
31st October 2007, 19:24
The 10 gauge double barreled express shotgun pointed out the door usually works. When I pull back the hammers the stubborn ones get the hint.

Drew
31st October 2007, 23:08
It seems Bangor, for once is alive with activity. I didn't go out, but there were loads of people wondering around in fancy dress and the like :)

lilmelvschilton
1st November 2007, 09:14
awwwwww i was dressed up as a cat at home last niight and the only trick or treater i had was my next door neighbours daughter (she looked so cute in her outfit)

Dave B
1st November 2007, 10:19
I avoided tricksters by cunningly arranging to go Christmas shopping last night :D

The South Park Pumkins look good though :p

tinchote
1st November 2007, 15:49
I avoided tricksters by cunningly arranging to go Christmas shopping last night :D

The South Park Pumkins look good though :p

In our neighbourhood you just keep the lights off and no one knocks your door. My girls love trick-or-treating, but I have to say that their mother is suspiciously eager to take them to do it ;) Her face full of chocolate and her post-evening stomach-ache all point to her real intentions :D

SEATFreak
1st November 2007, 16:08
awwwwww i was dressed up as a cat at home last niight and the only trick or treater i had was my next door neighbours daughter (she looked so cute in her outfit)

I did the same. I dressed up as a cat too.

Trust me for knocking on the only door in the street where theirs a dog! :)

J4MIE
1st November 2007, 18:30
No activity around here, didn't hear a thing all evening...

Unusual, cos usually some kids knock on the door then run away. Except they don't have the guts to do it properly, so it's kind of half a knock then they run already.... not like when I was a lad, proper knocks on the door and then leg it at the last moment... :s

stevie_gerrard
1st November 2007, 22:50
We had quite a few kids knocking on our door, but had no chocolate to give them :p : so we ignored the door most of the night. Although we did go out in the evening as the star wars characters to a house party, so we werent in all night, i was chewie :p :

First time in years i have enjoyed halloween :)

schmenke
1st November 2007, 23:00
My two rugrats were both dressed as Care Bears :mark:

GridGirl
1st November 2007, 23:44
Are Care Bears still in? I remember having a care bears bedspread and wallpaper in my bedroom well over 20 years ago. :s I now feel old. :p