PDA

View Full Version : Silly Season

muggle not
31st October 2007, 13:23
Lets start with the rumor that Nascar may be put up for sale.
Cupscene.com has reported that there may be a chink in the once impregnable armor od Nascar. This comes not long after the rumor that Brian France may be replaced by Jim France. Evidently lehman Brothers has completed a study determining the value of Nascar and has prepared a prospectus for potential buyers.

Anyone else have any rumors on the potential sale or othe troubles in Paradise

Sparky1329
31st October 2007, 15:38
Lets start with the rumor that Nascar may be put up for sale.
Cupscene.com has reported that there may be a chink in the once impregnable armor od Nascar. This comes not long after the rumor that Brian France may be replaced by Jim France. Evidently lehman Brothers has completed a study determining the value of Nascar and has prepared a prospectus for potential buyers.

Anyone else have any rumors on the potential sale or othe troubles in Paradise

How interesting.

tstran17_88
31st October 2007, 17:35
My guess is that they are going to create stocks and go public. I don’t think there will be a lot of folks that can afford the asking price and the ones that can, probably don’t want it.

muggle not
31st October 2007, 20:15
My guess is that they are going to create stocks and go public. I don’t think there will be a lot of folks that can afford the asking price and the ones that can, probably don’t want it.
An IPO still amounts to a sale of the Company even if the France family maintains 51% of the stock in Nascar. I wonder, if they do go that route, if ISC will also be part of the sale.

muggle not
1st November 2007, 02:20
Jeez, another hot rumor:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...42?FSO2&ATT=MA (http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/7396042?FSO2&ATT=MA)

There is going to be a big announcement on Friday, according to FoxSports.

It appears like bruton smith may be buying NHIS. This could be bad news for fans in the New England area as Bruton will probably take one of their races and move it to Las Vegas. Bruton has a history of buying tracks and moving their races to other tracks that he owns.

harvick#1
1st November 2007, 05:13
noooo, please no, they have enough cookie cutter races :mark:

Jonesi
2nd November 2007, 00:38
noooo, please no, they have enough cookie cutter races :mark:

Ok then another race date for Infineon! ;-)

harvick#1
2nd November 2007, 05:14
Watkins Glen would be better, or Road America :D or Sebring, or Miller Motorsport Park

Jonesi
2nd November 2007, 07:18
Watkins Glen would be better, or Road America :D or Sebring, or Miller Motorsport Park

I don't think Bruton owns any of those, yet.

Sparky1329
3rd November 2007, 00:19
Ok then another race date for Infineon! ;-)

That would work for me. I love the road courses.