PDA

View Full Version : Bill Davis Trucking seeks bankruptcy protection

Vez
30th October 2007, 21:44
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/10/30/bill.davis.bankruptcy.dblaney.jvilleneuve/index.html

:s

Jonesi
30th October 2007, 22:52
Not mentioned there, but on Jayski is, the race team is a separate company. However you look at it, it doesn't help the race team.

RaceFanStan
31st October 2007, 11:59
I suspect Bill Davis Trucking is another victim of the high fuel costs. :s

The oil companies amass record profits while small business owners struggle ...
any company dependent on fuel costs have to be wondering if any help will come ...
they need not expect any help will come until the oilman's friends are out of office. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/rant/off.gif

BobbyC
31st October 2007, 13:41
"Bill Davis Trucking, Inc., founded in 1975 by Bill and Gail Davis, announced it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Today’s action was necessitated by an injury accident and an ensuing lawsuit against the company, based in Batesville, Arkansas. This has been a very unfortunate chain of events and Gail and I certainly hate that it ever had to happen. Bill Davis Trucking and Bill Davis Racing are two completely separate entities and the race team will in no way be affected by today’s announcement." -- Statement of BDR.

According to the statement, the trucking company had a work accident with injury, and this move was made for protection of the company as a result of the accident. There is probably an outrageous settlement in play and the bankruptcy was recommended by attorneys as to protect themselves against what could be a frivilous amount of money the victim could receive from this settlement if a judge decides to award more money than what is sensible.

A notorious history of the legal system's outrageous lawsuits and settlements forced the move.

Sparky1329
31st October 2007, 15:30
I suspect Bill Davis Trucking is another victim of the high fuel costs. :s

The oil companies amass record profits while small business owners struggle ...
any company dependent on fuel costs have to be wondering if any help will come ...
they need not expect any help will come until the oilman's friends are out of office. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/rant/off.gif

My son is a perfect example, Stan. If he wasn't a smart businessman he would've been in dire straits. All of his hauling bids include a fuel surcharge. He hauls frozen foods and produce so if you wonder why your grocery bill is higher there you have it.

Sparky1329
31st October 2007, 15:37
"Bill Davis Trucking, Inc., founded in 1975 by Bill and Gail Davis, announced it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Today’s action was necessitated by an injury accident and an ensuing lawsuit against the company, based in Batesville, Arkansas. This has been a very unfortunate chain of events and Gail and I certainly hate that it ever had to happen. Bill Davis Trucking and Bill Davis Racing are two completely separate entities and the race team will in no way be affected by today’s announcement." -- Statement of BDR.

According to the statement, the trucking company had a work accident with injury, and this move was made for protection of the company as a result of the accident. There is probably an outrageous settlement in play and the bankruptcy was recommended by attorneys as to protect themselves against what could be a frivilous amount of money the victim could receive from this settlement if a judge decides to award more money than what is sensible.

A notorious history of the legal system's outrageous lawsuits and settlements forced the move.

Oh really? Did you ever stop to think that there might be a permanently maimed individual who could be on the receiving end of that "probably outrageous and frivolous" settlement? Who gets to decide what's sensible? And what's sensible if serious permanent injury is at stake?

See? I can play the assumptions game too.

2nd June 2008, 01:16
I have found out that Bill Davis Trucking was not forced into Bankruptcy. He filed for Bankruptcy to get out of paying the Hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills he owes, due to a Severe Injury accident back in April of 2006 . This California has suffered greatly, not to mention permanently disabled from the injuries and in Bankruptcy themselves.This is not a frivolous lawsuit.[/font]

Bill Davis was not forced into Bankruptcy, he in fact is hiding behind the law. Bill Davis PR states that Bill Davis Trucking and Bill Davis racing are two separate entities when in fact they are NOT, he has transferred monies (in the seven digits) between each company to avoid paying his dues.!!!!

He is willing to put all his employees out of work so he can worm his way out of paying his bills........your right the legal system is so unjust!!
This man has no ethics or conscious
stephen smith
nascarfan011972@yahoo.com (nascarfan011972@yahoo.com)

2nd June 2008, 01:21
Bill Davis Trucking was not forced into Bankruptcy. He filed for Bankruptcy to get out of paying the Hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills he owes, due to a Severe Injury accident back in April of 2006. This couple in California has suffered greatly, not to mention permanently disabled from the injuries and in Bankruptcy themselves.This is not a frivolous lawsuit!!!!!!!!!!! Don't judge when you dont have the facts!

Bill Davis was not forced into Bankruptcy, he in fact is hiding behind the law. Bill Davis PR states that Bill Davis Trucking and Bill Davis racing are two separate entities when in fact they are NOT, he has transferred monies (in the seven digits) between each company to avoid paying his dues!!!!

He is willing to put all his employees out of work so he can worm his way out of paying his bills........your right the legal system is so unjust!!!