PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Elena

adambousbek
28th October 2007, 19:54
Hello I've just seen that Daniel Elena didn't mistake!!! In the onboard camera he said 130-- and no ++ like all people say!!!!I am sure I checked many time the video.

DonJippo
28th October 2007, 20:14
Hello I've just seen that Daniel Elena didn't mistake!!! In the onboard camera he said 130-- and no ++ like all people say!!!!

All people? Was Sebastien who said it not all people.

SubaruNorway
28th October 2007, 20:16
Even Daniel himself said it

Glee
28th October 2007, 21:34
As Seb said: After 10 years he did make a mistake, so if that's the case I think thats only fear...

kakus
29th October 2007, 09:55
Hello I've just seen that Daniel Elena didn't mistake!!! In the onboard camera he said 130-- and no ++ like all people say!!!!I am sure I checked many time the video.

Not true.

Elena said 130 ++.
-- is for the next corner. No doubt ( I am french )

Donney
29th October 2007, 10:33
I haven't checked it but for sure Loeb was mad at him.

Mark
29th October 2007, 12:00
I was surprised just how mad Loeb was! Normally even if a driver is absolutely hopping crazy mad at his co-driver he won't say so, we would just say "it's one of those things"..

Does Elena go on TV complaining every time Loeb makes a mistake?

A.F.F.
29th October 2007, 12:12
Are you guys creating a storm to the waterglass now ???

turves
29th October 2007, 12:16
Just throwing something else in...

Was it not Daniel Elena who 'could' be seen to have cost Seb the title in 2003? His mistake (I think it was Turkey) when they took a wrong turn on the road section could've been the difference in points they required that year, instead it went to Solberg...

Mark
29th October 2007, 12:17
As did Nick Grists wrong call cost McRae a championship. Co-drivers make mistakes just like drivers do. Otherwise why not just replace them with a tape recorder?

Daniel
29th October 2007, 12:17
Meh.

COD
29th October 2007, 13:22
Are you guys creating a storm to the waterglass now ???

That is exactly what this is :up:

luca
29th October 2007, 14:43
i dont know if you remember, that Daniel was celebrating his 35th birthday on friday
i guess that this mistakes was because of huge hangover :s pin:, after b-day party :D :D :D not jet-lag or sth ;) ,

J4MIE
29th October 2007, 15:24
I was surprised just how mad Loeb was! Normally even if a driver is absolutely hopping crazy mad at his co-driver he won't say so, we would just say "it's one of those things"..

Does Elena go on TV complaining every time Loeb makes a mistake?

Don't think he was that mad, just upset (and after a huge fight with Marcus all year and now at a crucial stage of the championship, who wouldn't be?) but just told it like it was. Remember that Daniel is trying to be World Champion also!

"Co-drivers can't win rallies, but they can sure lose them" :)

Neodyum
29th October 2007, 15:35
Not true.

Elena said 130 ++.
-- is for the next corner. No doubt ( I am french )

right... i've checked cause we hear '--' before they go off. But it's for the next corner.
Dani said '130++'

jonas_mcrae
29th October 2007, 16:39
When was that mistake Seb is talking about(the 10years ago one)?? Is that the one when they crash in the old looking Xsara? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4uYyQqxo-YM

and for the records YES he says ++, Seb knows it right away he starts telling Daniel about it, even before the car stops http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=20ADXN9Y9wg

xavier
29th October 2007, 16:44

I just checked it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ADXN9Y9wg

Daniel says "130 ++ mi-long tard ouvre, et ferme 130 -- plus long etc... " the 1st 130 should have been a --

So yes Daniel Made a mistake. They both acknowledge it so i dont really understand why there is confusion.

And yes Seb was not happy, but i understand his frustation. Anyway rallying is team work, you win and lose with your codriver, so whose mistake it is not important.

jonkka
29th October 2007, 18:52
"130 ++ mi-long

So it's "mi-long" that sounds like "Milou", the Tintin dog. I've been wondering.

Zico
29th October 2007, 20:25
So it's "mi-long" that sounds like "Milou", the Tintin dog. I've been wondering.

No.. Tintins dog is called Snowy.... Now that really would have confused things!.. but at least he'd have got round the corner. :D

cut the b.s.
29th October 2007, 20:30
When was that mistake Seb is talking about(the 10years ago one)?? Is that the one when they crash in the old looking Xsara? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4uYyQqxo-YM
[/url]

Seb said 1st mistake in 10 years, not 1st mistake for 10 years, similar but totally different statements.
Shiney tar/driver error caused the crash you mention

jonkka
29th October 2007, 20:41
No.. Tintins dog is called Snowy.... Now that really would have confused things!.. but at least he'd have got round the corner. :D

Depends on language. In english it's indeed snowy but original french name - and the better (compared to english) translated finnish version - is Milou. Voilá.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin_and_Snowy

Zico
29th October 2007, 20:50
Depends on language. In english it's indeed snowy but original french name - and the better (compared to english) translated finnish version - is Milou. Voilá.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin_and_Snowy

Yes Jonkka, I was just trying to be funny.. ;)

Magnus
29th October 2007, 20:54
Hey... this is interesting... in Sweden, and apparantly in Finland, TinTins dog is called Milou. Hmm... Never heard of Snowy, but I understand now that TinTin is obv. very popular in Australia since they have named some mountain range after his dog... :cool:

Edit: late with my comment obviously

jonkka
30th October 2007, 06:34
Cheers Zico!

tmx
30th October 2007, 07:11
I dont know how mad he was, but I find it annoying with his tone when they interviewed him and he said "ask the co-driver." It was a mark of disrespect.

Magnus
30th October 2007, 10:08
Agreed tmx, but Loeb always seems to be very nice, so I guess he sometimes has to show that he is human also in this field.

bennizw
30th October 2007, 13:52
The statement from Loeb there reminded me of Colin McRae's answer after Grist checked them in a little too early under rally Deutchland 2002; "Just ask the Welsh Wizard" wasn't it?

Josti
30th October 2007, 14:06
The statement from Loeb there reminded me of Colin McRae's answer after Grist checked them in a little too early under rally Deutchland 2002; "Just ask the Welsh Wizard" wasn't it?

Yes, soon after they would split. Not going to happen with Loeb and Elena of course. IMO, it wasn't bad to see the other side of Loeb once. Then again, it was not with a Delecour temperament.

PatRedmond
30th October 2007, 14:13
Meh.

Well said. Agreed. :p :

koko0703
30th October 2007, 14:29
Why is it so big deal that co-driver made mistake??? Loeb and Elena are in a team. They win together and lose together. Sometimes one makes mistake, and other times the other makes mistake, as simple is that. Elena can't drive like Loeb but I'm sure Loeb can't drive like Loeb if Elena isn't beside him.

jose camacho
30th October 2007, 16:07
A team, between driver and co-driver, it's like a marriage. Problems we resolved at home, not in front of televisions cameras.
To me it is simple: Sebastien Loeb like driver :) Sebastien Loeb like person :mad:

Magnus
30th October 2007, 16:12
To me it is also simple: Loeb as driver :D Loeb as person :cool:
As opposed to Bosse: :D + :tongue: allthough it wont display...
Well...what abt Wilson then...? Me thinks: :eek: + :)
And so on...

A.F.F.
30th October 2007, 16:31
I don't know what makes you folks happy??? If the media asks the reason for their off, what should Loeb have done ?? Lie ??

I have to admit I haven't watched every single piece of footage from Japan but I've seen two different interviews conserning their mistake and in either one of them, Loeb wasn't nothing but a gentlemen, towards the interviewer and his co-driver Daniel Elena.

Jeez....

COD
30th October 2007, 17:13
You people are insane :D

If Loeb had made a driving error and they would have asked Daniel about it, what do you he would have said.... "Ask the driver" :laugh:

L5->R5/CR
30th October 2007, 18:02
In all of their time together that makes the score what?

Daniel 1
Sebastien 6 or 7?

Sebastien was obviously upset and frustrated that it wasn't HIS mistake that put them out of the rally but at the same time I think he is smart enough to realize he has made more mistakes to cost Daniel rallies than Daniel has cost him.

Drivers by their nature are egotistical, this was simply getting to see a bit of that side of Seb.

SO I agree, meh.

(if anyone is interested, in the next to last Rally America championship event there is a spot of incar that shows the driver correcting the co-driver on the note as the co-driver is late before they go off (they finished the stage with little to no damage))

Zico
30th October 2007, 18:15
I dont know how mad he was, but I find it annoying with his tone when they interviewed him and he said "ask the co-driver." It was a mark of disrespect.

I thought the opposite tbh.. Put yourself in Sebastiens shoes.. wouldnt you have been be a tad peeved? I think I would have been too.. Is it wrong to see the human side? I dont think so..

As Josti says.. At least he didnt thump Daniel as per Delacour.. ;) :D

Brother John
30th October 2007, 18:44
Why is it so big deal that co-driver made mistake??? Loeb and Elena are in a team. They win together and lose together. Sometimes one makes mistake, and other times the other makes mistake, as simple is that. Elena can't drive like Loeb but I'm sure Loeb can't drive like Loeb if Elena isn't beside him.

This is a normal post :up: Reporters or the one ho need news and something to write! Most of the time it is B*llsh!t. :p

kobefly
30th October 2007, 18:50
I think Seb's words weren't deserved by Daniel, I don't remember Elena blaming Loeb bitterly in front of the cameras when the driver did a mistake.

Tomi
30th October 2007, 18:58
I don't know what makes you folks happy??? If the media asks the reason for their off, what should Loeb have done ?? Lie ??

Exactly, I dont also see anything strange in the whole case, Loeb just told what did happen, when he was asked.
Seems that the people here is a bit too sensitive, poor co-driver :)

alleskids
30th October 2007, 19:15
I think Seb's words weren't deserved by Daniel, I don't remember Elena blaming Loeb bitterly in front of the cameras when the driver did a mistake.

Most time the media ignore the co drivers. They go straith to the drivers with the microphone and camera. So the dirver can do his words and explain his sight of the accidents.

MrJan
30th October 2007, 19:36
Mistakes happen. I know it's surprising when it involves these two as it's very rare but we've seen every driver or co-driver make a mistake. Okay so it could cost Loeb heavily but surely Marcus has had a similar situation this season where something that isn't his fault has caused problems.

Tomi
30th October 2007, 19:41
[quote="but surely Marcus has had a similar situation this season where something that isn't his fault has caused problems.[/QUOTE"]

He had problem with Timos note reading in Japan too, in the incar one could hear that he was quite hard on Timo, but thats life it works both ways.

alleskids
30th October 2007, 20:18
The work between driver and co driver can somethimes be tough and stressfull. They both lay their lifes in the other's hands, so they are right in expecting full commitment and faultless skills. And in the stress and pain of losing (probarly) a world tilte the first moments are hard and full of adrenalin. And thats when the reporters steel their qoutes of accusements. On the one weak moment when drivers appear to be human.

MrJan
30th October 2007, 21:03
The work between driver and co driver can somethimes be tough and stressfull. They both lay their lifes in the other's hands, so they are right in expecting full commitment and faultless skills.

Exactly right. Both are risking a lot to win and rely heavily on the other person, rally drivers couldn't be as fast as they are without someone giving them notes that they can trust. This is exactly why I still think it's terrible that the cars no longer have both names on the window. Okay so it can be confusing to the new viewer that there are two names on the car but any true rally fan knows that the co-driver deserves as much recognition as the driver. Just another thing that has been sacrificed from the sport so that it can make more money for the suits :down:

WRCfan
31st October 2007, 03:02
The removing the names off the window situation is not money saving. It is that moron Max Mosley sticking his nose into the WRC where it is not needed. He wouldnt have a clue what is good for this sport and what is not. He has already made a complete mockery of his own "best motorsport in the world - F1" but still has to screw with the WRC too.

In regards to Daniel Elena's mistake, we cannot hang him on it. People make mistakes, it shows we are only human! one mistake in ten years is pretty damn good!!!

cut the b.s.
31st October 2007, 09:37
In regards to Daniel Elena's mistake, we cannot hang him on it. People make mistakes, it shows we are only human! one mistake in ten years is pretty damn good!!!

Spot on, and Sebs comments show he is human too, I think people sometimes think him unemotional and robotic, time to think again on that one...

PuddleJumper
31st October 2007, 13:49
It's good to see Sébastien under pressure. In previous years he's had it easy but this year Marcus has pushed him to the limit and beyond. This actually makes me like Sébastien more because he's showing some emotion and you can see he's fighting for the title. I believe that this years championship battle, whatever the outcome, will make Sébastien a stronger driver.

I don't think his "ask the co-driver" comment was said with any spite, not really. I think Sébastien was just a bit shocked and what was really meant as a sarcastic remark wasn't spoken with much humour.

He had problem with Timos note reading in Japan too, in the incar one could hear that he was quite hard on Timo, but thats life it works both ways.
Was that on SS3? I was watching an in-car video last night in which Marcus and Timo seemed to be arguing. I presume Timo had lost his place in the notes. What did Marcus say?

Tomi
31st October 2007, 14:11
Was that on SS3? I was watching an in-car video last night in which Marcus and Timo seemed to be arguing. I presume Timo had lost his place in the notes. What did Marcus say?

Yes something like that, grönholm just asked timo to be more sharp and precise, and when timo started to read notes again, he asked a few times "are you sure"

A.F.F.
31st October 2007, 16:43

I'd say Marcus TOLD him to consentrate, not asked him.

MrJan
31st October 2007, 20:45
The removing the names off the window situation is not money saving.

I never said it was money saving, I said it was to make money. The idea of removing the names is to make it less confusing for those that don't watch the sport. The idea of this is to then entice them to start watching (no one wants to watch a sport they don't understand). The new fans can then go out, buy the merchandise, go to the events and attract more sponsors. More sponsors mean more money.

I may look quite stupid but I really didn't think that the FIA were so desperate for money that they decided to stop buying so many letters for the cars. I know Rautienen (or however you spell it) is a long name but I doubt it'd save a fortune ;) :p :

Fleur
31st October 2007, 21:04
Both drivers and codrivers make mistakes. Its part of being human. Loeb mentioned it was first mistake in 10 years, that shows just how good Daniel is, surely, and how much Loeb values him. Anyway, I agree, it is nice to see the human side, or maybe I should say the emotional side, of Loeb.

Rally Japan is a very hard rally note-reading wise. These are not the first combinations we have seen struggle with the notes there, and I am sure they won't be the last.

Incidently, I always knew TinTins dog as Milou too

A.F.F.
31st October 2007, 21:14
I didn't know he was TinTin. I thought he was Tintin.

Tomi
31st October 2007, 21:20
I'd say Marcus TOLD him to consentrate, not asked him.
Have you ever tought about to become a co-driver? ;)

A.F.F.
1st November 2007, 00:02
Have you ever tought about to become a co-driver? ;)

Nah... with my driving skills, the only option is to be a driver. :D

GruppoB
1st November 2007, 07:19
With my money skills only option is a codriver=)

Magnus
3rd January 2008, 13:10
Abt Daniels only mistake in ten years. This is what Frequelin said after the Norwegian rally(from Citroëns site):
"The first day was quite positive," he continued, "but Leg 2 proved more complex. SS9 didn't go well for us, with Dani making a mistake and Seb losing time. It was while trying to make up for this lost ground that he was caught out shortly afterwards. "

pantealex
3rd January 2008, 13:18
Abt Daniels only mistake in ten years. This is what Frequelin said after the Norwegian rally(from Citroëns site):
"The first day was quite positive," he continued, "but Leg 2 proved more complex. SS9 didn't go well for us, with Dani making a mistake and Seb losing time. It was while trying to make up for this lost ground that he was caught out shortly afterwards. "

Dani Sordo making mistake in SS9

Magnus
3rd January 2008, 14:51
Dani Sordo making mistake in SS9

Thanks for clearing that out! Frequelins comment was somewhat cryptical...
;)