PDA

View Full Version : A nice little story

Erki
28th October 2007, 15:21
A young lady was waiting for her flight in the boarding room of a big airport. As she would need to wait many hours, she decided to buy a book to spend her time. She also bought a packet of cookies.

She sat down in an armchair, in the VIP room of the airport, to rest and read in peace. Beside the armchair where the packet of cookies lay, a man sat down in the next seat, opened his magazine and started reading.

When she took out the first cookie, the man took one also.
She felt irritated but said nothing. She just thought:
“What a nerve! If I was in the mood I would punch him for daring!”

For each cookie she took, the man took one too.
This was infuriating her but she didn’t want to cause a scene.

When only one cookie remained, she thought: “ah… What this abusive man do now?”

Then, the man, taking the last cookie, divided it into half, giving her one half.

Ah! That was too much!
She was much too angry now!

In a huff, she took her book, her things and stormed to the boarding place. When she sat down in her seat, inside the plane, she looked into her purse to take her eyeglasses, and, to her surprise, her packet of cookies was there, untouched, unopened!

She felt so ashamed!! She realized that she was wrong…

She had forgotten that her cookies were kept in her purse. The man had divided his cookies with her, without feeling angered or bitter… while she had been very angry, thinking that she was dividing her cookies with him. And now there was no chance to explain herself…nor to apologize. (http://www.kishorelive.com/packet-of-cookie)

:)

MrJan
28th October 2007, 16:34
What's the punchline? :p : :D ;)

tinchote
28th October 2007, 16:47
A good lesson for those of us who are quick into judging others :up:

J4MIE
28th October 2007, 16:51
You mean I gave you some of my biscuits when you already had some Erki? :angryfire

:p :

Daniel
28th October 2007, 17:15
Moral of the story is to remember where you put your cookies

MrJan
28th October 2007, 17:20
Remember where you put your cookies? Sounds like a euphemism to me :erm:

SEATFreak
28th October 2007, 17:48
I thought the moral of the story is that your cookies are always never where you think they are. :erm:

Of course if the pack on the table had been Blueberry flavoured cookies I doubt it would have been the choice of the woman. Double Choc Chip cookies are far more popular as they are far more yummier than the Blueberry favoured cookies.

Drew
28th October 2007, 18:29
Free cookies and she's still complaining? Bloody women

LotusElise
28th October 2007, 19:13
Hands up who's actually done something like this?

I "stole" my housemate's salt pot the other day as it looks like mine and I just thought I'd left it out in the kitchen. Apparently she went a bit mad at someone else before I returned it to where I found it, having found mine in my cupboard.
A friend of mine surreptitiously took a Kit Kat off someone in a cafe once, convinced they had stolen it from her. Hers was in her bag.

LeonBrooke
28th October 2007, 22:16
That story that Erki told is very widespread - it supposedly happened to Douglass Adams, as well as... lots of people.

Azumanga Davo
29th October 2007, 06:41
Moral of the story is to remember where you put your cookies

Ooer Mr Grimsdale...

leopard
29th October 2007, 08:11
Don't take someone else's cookies piece by piece. :)

Magnus
29th October 2007, 08:17
Reminds of a story I read abt a man strolling around in New York. Suddenly a man bumped into him, and moments later he discovereed that his wallet was gone. He ran after the man and shouted to him to give him the wallet, which he did. When he came home he discovered that HIS wallet was by his bed... all of a sudden he was the bad guy...

leopard
29th October 2007, 08:28
Don't be bed guy. :D

Camelopard
29th October 2007, 09:12
I heard the same story about the airport lounge except they were biscuits.

Mark
29th October 2007, 09:17
Stolen biscuits are the best kind of biscuits :p

Daniel
29th October 2007, 09:35
Stolen biscuits are the best kind of biscuits :p
Stollen biscuits?

Camelopard
29th October 2007, 10:01
Stollen biscuits?

I dare say Christina will be sampling Stollen biscuits/cakes in Austria, shortly. Some very good beer in Austria as well...........

Mark
29th October 2007, 10:03
Hmm biscuits http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2014/1798448756_4d9035746b.jpg

jso1985
29th October 2007, 19:50
She felt so ashamed!! She realized that she was wrong…

in situations like that you have to think: What would Fred Durst do?

you can take that cookie and stick up your...

Azumanga Davo
30th October 2007, 02:09
Hmm biscuits http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2014/1798448756_4d9035746b.jpg

Web cookies...

Coat and hat please...

martinbalmer
30th October 2007, 13:31
What's the punchline? :p : :D ;)

"That's the way the cookie crumbles.."

GridGirl
30th October 2007, 13:53
There are so many variations of that story. The first one I remember hearing about was the woman who went on the train to do her shopping in town with a £5 note in her purse. Someone else got in the carriage and they both fell asleep. When she awoke she checked her purse and her £5 note was no longer there. She looked in the bag of the man who was still sleeping and saw one and took it to be hers. She got hom from shopping to find her £5 still on the kitchen table.

I remember hearing that story in primary school maybe 20 years ago when we were studying fables. :) Aeroplanes and cookies now eh? Just shows how times have changed since you could do your weekly shop with a fiver using public transport. :p

MrJan
30th October 2007, 18:08
"That's the way the cookie crumbles.."

I don't get it ;) :p : :D