PDA

View Full Version : Vettel to team up with Michael Schumacher for ROC 2007!

Giuseppe F1
26th October 2007, 15:19
Great, Great news! Got my tickets all booked and looking most forward to seeing these 2 guys, my 2 favourite drivers, in the same team at the ROC - Think they are really going to complement each other well as the two have a lot of respect for one another - Roll on Wembley!:

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071026155038.shtml

Vettel and Schumacher team up for RoC
Germany goes for youth and experience
26/10/07 15:50

Formula One’s youngest new star Sebastian Vettel is teaming up with seven-time F1 Champion Michael Schumacher for The Race of Champions (RoC) when it takes over Wembley Stadium later this year.

The Toro Rosso rookie, who amazed the F1 paddock by finishing fourth in the recent Chinese Grand Prix, is a big RoC fan and cannot wait to compete in front of an expected 80,000 racing fans at Wembley this December.

“I have always watched The Race of Champions on TV every year and dreamed about participating one day,” said the 20-year-old, who was just four-years-old when his ROC team-mate Schumacher made his F1 debut in 1991. “It’s fantastic to be invited; I’m so happy. To represent Team Germany together with Michael Schumacher is a great honour.”

Wembley will be transformed into a race track using 1,800 tonnes of tarmac for the 16 December event, allowing 18 star drivers to compete head-to-head in a series of knockout heats to determine the 'Champion of Champions.

'

There are two competitions: The Race of Champions, where drivers compete for individual glory, and The Nations Cup, where drivers partner-up to compete for their home country.

Schumacher, who has never raced against Vettel, says he is pleased with the choice and is optimistic about Germany’s chances. “I really look forward to teaming up with Sebastian for the Race of Champions,” said the seven-time F1 World Champion. “Finally we are in one team in motorsports as well, after having played charity-soccer together in the Nazionale Piloti in Italy."

“I have known Sebastian for a long time, having given him a trophy in a karting race when he was still a boy, and I remember being impressed by his drive. I still am, after his debut in F1 this year, and I am sure we will have a lot of fun together.”

Corny
26th October 2007, 15:57
Cool!

Tazio
26th October 2007, 18:25
I suspect that rumors of Vettel going to Ferrari after Kimi retire's to start some time very soon.

Crypt
26th October 2007, 20:10
Haha, love it. Schumi and Kettel-1, potent racing for the masses.

Kimi needs to go to WRC soon anyways, screw this smooth track garbage.

Oli_M
27th October 2007, 18:05
Who else is confirmed for the ROC? I'm sure I read recenently DC and Lewis were..... whether they will make a Great Britain team or they will stay separate England / Scotland teams it didn't say.

OmarF1
29th October 2007, 17:08
Great news, I hope that they don't forget to make a Colin McRae Tribute, since this year's race will be at Wembley.

passmeatissue
29th October 2007, 17:31
Kovy to win again! with Gronholm too. Two of the nicest guys racing.

MS will be handicapped with the other car being out of reach the other side of a barrier :D

GF350
9th November 2007, 21:34
Who else is confirmed for the ROC? I'm sure I read recenently DC and Lewis were..... whether they will make a Great Britain team or they will stay separate England / Scotland teams it didn't say.

I've just had a look at the ROC website and they now have some details up.

http://www.raceofchampions.com/drivers,5.html

Jensen Button and Andy Priaulx for England
David Coulthard and Alister McRae for Scotland
Its great to see Alister McRae will be there.
There's still a few gaps though, Sebastian Loeb usually does very well but isn't confirmed yet by the looks of it.
GF