PDA

View Full Version : Tommi Mäkinen racing and Subaru wrc -08

Finni
24th October 2007, 18:57
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2007/10/574640

WTF??? Tommi's racing team has responsibility to put new Impreza together! And that same car does its debyt in Tunturi rally before Monte!

Can someone shed more light on this. I am surprised that Subaru is putting so much on Tommi's "satellite team".

Is Ketomaa then driving that Impreza in Tunturi as he is Tommi's new driver???

Tomi
24th October 2007, 19:03
my guess is that Pasi drives it.

jonas_mcrae
24th October 2007, 19:15
wow Prodrive out, this a real blow!

c4
24th October 2007, 19:24
wow Prodrive out, this a real blow!

Are you sure and could someone kindly translate article.

Tomi
24th October 2007, 19:26
I have to say that this sounds a bit odd, wonder if they mean the PWRC car, on the other hand, Tommi could not do much worse than Prodrive.

Buzz Lightyear
24th October 2007, 19:28
I have to say that this sounds a bit odd, wonder if they mean the PWRC car, on the other hand, Tommi could not do much worse than Prodrive.

The PWRC car sounds more realistic.

Buzz Lightyear
24th October 2007, 19:31
tommi website... although release a month ago

http://www.tommimakinen.net/pressreleases.htm

SubaruNorway
24th October 2007, 19:46
haha you didn't seriously think Mäkinen would prepear the wrc cars :D

Althoug they build some pretty neat group N cars

N
24th October 2007, 19:46
wow, wow, wow, what do you mean prodrive out?

Tomi
24th October 2007, 19:51
haha you didn't seriously think Mäkinen would prepear the wrc cars :D

Althoug they build some pretty neat group N cars

You are right, the wind was from north the other day, if he would have a Subaru WRC in the garage the sh!t smell would have been terrible, now there was nothing.

Jaanus
24th October 2007, 20:07
The article is about group N cars and not WRC. Someone should email MTV3 to correct the story.

Tomi
24th October 2007, 20:16
The article is about group N cars and not WRC. Someone should email MTV3 to correct the story.

I called already, sir :)

jonas_mcrae
24th October 2007, 20:49
Im not saying Prodrive is out, however; it could be implied that if the WRC car would be in charge of tommi then prodrive would be out. But this point has been proven as false, so sorry for the confusion.

bennizw
24th October 2007, 21:59
Tommi's garage has prepared and built many good Impreza's over the years, and example is Øyvind Sullands 06 N12 over here in Norway.

ZequeArgentina
24th October 2007, 22:37
That is he group N car.

There areseveral teams chosen by STI to help develop the gorup N cars:
Prodrive (UK)
Arai Subaru Team (JP)
Tomi Makinen (FIN)
Barattero (RA)

and I guess someone else which I do no remember.
All of them have already started tests with 2008 spec (alhough not full body as STI was only first shown some 10 days ago). Barattero has already done some 500 km of tests, basically gravel suspension issues.

Rally Hokkaido
24th October 2007, 23:57
That is he group N car.

There areseveral teams chosen by STI to help develop the gorup N cars:
Prodrive (UK)
Arai Subaru Team (JP)
Tomi Makinen (FIN)
Barattero (RA)

and I guess someone else which I do no remember.
All of them have already started tests with 2008 spec (alhough not full body as STI was only first shown some 10 days ago). Barattero has already done some 500 km of tests, basically gravel suspension issues.

Top Run was the other one when Sti first appointed official GpN car agents besides Prodrive in 2004, I think. For reasons that you know well Zeque I don't think Top Run is still an agent! Motor Image Subaru distributor based in Singapore is also building/trying to sell GpN Imprezas in Asia-Pacific region with technical help from Arai Motorsport and Possum Bourne Motor Sport.

koko0703
25th October 2007, 15:11
Phew.... :| News of Prodrive going out would've been the biggest surprize in a while but I guess Subaru could use some of Tommi's experience to build WRCar, too. When Tommi was at Subaru, Impreza was much better.

Brother John
25th October 2007, 15:34
Phew.... :| News of Prodrive going out would've been the biggest surprize in a while but I guess Subaru could use some of Tommi's experience to build WRCar, too. When Tommi was at Subaru, Impreza was much better.

Also Subaru Norway will testing the 2008 with Mads Östberg!
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/a/d/2007/10/17/mads-oestberg-weitet-wm-starts-aus/index.html :p

SubaruNorway
25th October 2007, 16:30
Also Subaru Norway will testing the 2008 with Mads Östberg!
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/a/d/2007/10/17/mads-oestberg-weitet-wm-starts-aus/index.html :p

I don't read german realy well but isen't that the story about him driving the S12B next year and the S10 in Norway, not the 2008 wrc

calibr
25th October 2007, 17:55
This is old news.. Hehe. But one thing who dont is writen in the article is who is gonna build it. I have knowed it in now 6 weeks.

Its much who happening to rallybuilders in UK. Just wait and see.. Its gonna be a surprise ;)

c4
25th October 2007, 18:43
Its much who happening to rallybuilders in UK. Just wait and see.. Its gonna be a surprise ;) [/quote]

Possibly R.E.D. ?

ZequeArgentina
26th October 2007, 03:19
I found what I mentioned before about Makinene, Prodrive, Baratteroo and someone else being part of STI development bases in sti home page:_(whole flyer here: http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/e/GRN/imgs/08grn_e_A3.pdf )

"STI Group N project
STI started the Group N project in 2003 to expand its business within the FIA Group N category, the most popular class in world rallying. They appointed George Donaldson from the UK as the local general manager of STI, for research, marketing, and other motor sports-related purposes in Europe. He has mainly been undertaking support for IMPREZA entrants in the FIA Production car World Rally Championship (P-WRC), local FIA competitions, and other domestic rallies in various countries.

From 2004, STI created specially agreed motorsport bases called