PDA

View Full Version : Finally a reason to buy a Playstation 3

Daniel
24th October 2007, 17:20
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=9396

How cool is that? :D Being able to drive on the top gear test track. I suspect some celebs may practice on the PS3 before coming in ;) I wonder if GT5 has the Lacetti as one of the cars :p

Mark
24th October 2007, 19:31
:cool: any pc version? :p

Daniel
24th October 2007, 19:36
Nope! :p

MrJan
24th October 2007, 21:56
I've thought for ages it'd be cool to have something like this in a game. Never thought it'd be GT that tried it. I just wish someone would put Thruxton on a game. My PS2 is on the blink and TOCA2 won't work in the xBox.

Drew
24th October 2007, 22:39
Wow what an idea, I take it that that'll be an international feature?

A friend of mine said he'd think about buying that PS3 due to GT5 :p :

A.F.F.
24th October 2007, 22:52
I thought the prize had gone down to 10 euros. That would have been a reason to buy it.

millencolin
25th October 2007, 02:17
GT5 isthe only reason i want a ps3... now i must get one!!!

Bebee
25th October 2007, 05:01
I thought the prize had gone down to 10 euros. That would have been a reason to buy it.

:laugh:

Captain VXR
25th October 2007, 11:08
Forza or GT5, Forza or GT5?

AndyRAC
25th October 2007, 11:37
Never been a fan of the GT games,...all style and no subsance.

Daniel
25th October 2007, 15:18
Never been a fan of the GT games,...all style and no subsance.
Yes the tyres are squealing when you go 5mph around a gradual corner and you always spear off the track when driving normally.

wedge
25th October 2007, 16:13

They're both similar but if you could own only 1 console then I would rather buy an Xbox because you get better satisfaction from the Xbox controller which has triggers which replicate pedals better than Sony's analogue sticks - if you don't want to spend extras on steering wheels.

Saying that, I brought a new PS2 on the account GT4. I'll do the same when GT6 comes out.

MrJan
25th October 2007, 18:46
I don't like the triggers that much. The pressure sensitive buttons on the PS2 allowed you to control the throttle much better than the triggers of the 360. I tend to find that there are pretty much 3 positions, closed, lame and pinned open where as the X button with Sony you could do what you want.

I do however agree that the analogue sticks are rubbish, especially after they break.

J4MIE
25th October 2007, 21:59
I don't like the triggers that much. The pressure sensitive buttons on the PS2 allowed you to control the throttle much better than the triggers of the 360. I tend to find that there are pretty much 3 positions, closed, lame and pinned open where as the X button with Sony you could do what you want.

I have found over the past two weeks that having switched the controls on Richard Burns Rally to use the triggers to accelerate/brake, I am now much faster!! :bounce:

It means that there is less of a lag between pressing different buttons, and also allows you to left foot brake far more easily :up:

A.F.F.
25th October 2007, 22:11
It means that there is less of a lag between pressing different buttons, and also allows you to left foot brake far more easily :up:

Did you visit Pentti to find that out ? :eek:

J4MIE
25th October 2007, 22:26
Did you visit Pentti to find that out ? :eek:

No, janeppi taught me everything I need to know :D :up:

MrJan
26th October 2007, 20:58
I have found over the past two weeks that having switched the controls on Richard Burns Rally to use the triggers to accelerate/brake, I am now much faster!! :bounce:

I don't left foot brake. Don't know why just never bothered to do it. My brother always does and has changed the positioning of his thumb on the X button so that he uses beneath the knuckle and the ball of his thumb on the square. Seems to work alright for him but I'm quick enough without bothering.

Dear God that is one of the nerdiest posts I've ever made :p :

harvick#1
29th October 2007, 05:19
GT5 isthe only reason i want a ps3... now i must get one!!!

I think I'm switching systems, Xcraps best racing game is Forza and it blows, and you have to pay 5 bucks for Montegi, I already paid 60 for the game, plus Halo 3 is horrible

harvick#1
29th October 2007, 05:22

GT5 done deal, Take 2 screws with you and takes away your money and rankings in the game, its not worth it, plus you have to pay for new tracks and cars which should've already been in the game

janneppi
29th October 2007, 06:17
No, janeppi taught me everything I need to know :D :up:
que? :)

DonnieDarco
29th October 2007, 08:44
There is another reason - Ratchet and Clank :D

harvick#1
29th October 2007, 18:50
the official car list :eek:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/automotive-news/181936-ps3s-gran-turismo-5-complete-list-of-cars.html

I would post the cars but the page would freeze up, 10000 cars is so sick

my favorite Prototypes are finally in the game, Porsche RS Spyder's are in the game :D could be fun to face those R10's just like in real life.

Brown, Jon Brow
29th October 2007, 23:54
I don't think that I can live without that game.

Not only has it got every production car ever made, it has F1 cars, WRC cars. Touring Cars etc.. :o

janneppi
30th October 2007, 06:45
I can just imagine the thrill of driving a 1.2 litre 1985 Opel Ascona down the maing straight of ...actually, no, I don't want to imagine it.
Having one hundred billion cars is pointless if you have no damage model or interior camera angle(I assume neither is included? )

Gibbsy
30th October 2007, 07:06
In my experience Gran Turisom takes something as exciting as motorsport and manages to make it as dull as dish water.

While the thought of being reunited in the (digital sense) with my old FB rx7 and my first car a VK commodore is a pleasent one, I will not buy a GT that hasnt fixed the problems that have been evident since the fisrt game.....namely AI and damage. Till then I will remain a Toca man.

*grabs the inner nerd and shoves it back in*

Daniel
30th October 2007, 07:43
I can just imagine the thrill of driving a 1.2 litre 1985 Opel Ascona down the maing straight of ...actually, no, I don't want to imagine it.
Having one hundred billion cars is pointless if you have no damage model or interior camera angle(I assume neither is included? )
Janneppi. Just imagine being able to fit a stage 2 cold air intake to that Ascona and you'll see the appeal. Oh wait..... no you won't. The cars all handle the same. What's the deal with that?

pino
30th October 2007, 11:38
Anyone knows when the game will be out ? I own a PS3 already :D

Daniel
30th October 2007, 11:41
Anyone knows when the game will be out ? I own a PS3 already :D
I thought you liked realism though Pino ;) Although that simulator in Finland was a little too real for my liking ;)

pino
30th October 2007, 11:59
I thought you liked realism though Pino ;) Although that simulator in Finland was a little too real for my liking ;)

Daniel, like Gibbsy I am not a great fan of GT, mostly due to lack of car-damage in the game. So I will buy this game only for the great car list available. I still prefere realism and must also say that you were quite good with that simulator. Much better than I thought and much better than me :o ;)

Daniel
30th October 2007, 12:07
Daniel, like Gibbsy I am not a great fan of GT, mostly due to lack of car-damage in the game. So I will buy this game only for the great car list available. I still prefere realism and must also say that you were quite good with that simulator. Much better than I thought and much better than me :o ;)
I was crap :) But the setup of that car was totally wrong. I'm not a professional rally driver but it just didn't turn in properly and when you lifted that didn't seem to help the car turn in either :mark:

Captain VXR
30th October 2007, 17:44
Austin Allegro Equipe in the game, PMSL
+
FASTTEC MOTORSPORT
Vauxhall Astra Coupe BTCC Race Car ‘05
:D

millencolin
31st October 2007, 02:45
holy crap! they have valiants!!! The cars from Transformers! Every model Ford Falcon! Lola Champ car, Lola A1gp car. Minardi PS02, Skyline R32 taht Skaife and richards won bathurst in... "your all a pack of arseholes" car, Toyota Landcruiser 'troopy'....

my god i want this game!

J4MIE
31st October 2007, 10:48
I was crap :) But the setup of that car was totally wrong. I'm not a professional rally driver but it just didn't turn in properly and when you lifted that didn't seem to help the car turn in either :mark:

I think it was the brakes, they were either off, or locked. Being that we had a shot on the last day, I'm surprised that they started to change things... but agree it should have been setup way beforehand!

Very disappointing ;(

Daniel
31st October 2007, 11:18
I think it was the brakes, they were either off, or locked. Being that we had a shot on the last day, I'm surprised that they started to change things... but agree it should have been setup way beforehand!

Very disappointing ;(
Pretty much. I even made a conscious effort to do all my braking before the corner and the car was still spearing off into the scenery. With my "style" of driving I rely heavily on the brakes for getting the car to change direction. :mark:

jso1985
31st October 2007, 20:02
the official car list :eek:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/automotive-news/181936-ps3s-gran-turismo-5-complete-list-of-cars.html

I would post the cars but the page would freeze up, 10000 cars is so sick

my favorite Prototypes are finally in the game, Porsche RS Spyder's are in the game :D could be fun to face those R10's just like in real life.

yeah but only 364 or something will be included in the game, so I guess for the rest we will have to pay around 5€ per car :mark:

if the cars are gonna feel like the same one with the only difference being the skin like in the others GT's is pretty pointless then... a with no damage also...

I was hugely dissapointed with GT3, so unless I can get a cheap copy like I did with GT4, I don't think i'll be buying this game(that if I get the bucks for a PS3)