PDA

View Full Version : WRC Calendar 2009

SubaruNorway
24th October 2007, 16:01
Norway set to be the opening round. Mexico not yet decides as they would rather have it in 2010

From FIA World Rally Championship Commision (WRCC)
(Final decision to be taken in december)

6-8/2 Norge
6-8/3 Mexico
10-12/4 Argentina
24-26/4 Portugal
8-10/5 Italia, Sardinia
29-31/5 Hellas
19-21/6 Polen
31/7-2/8 Finland
21-23/8 Kypros
11-13/9 Australia
2-4/10 Frankrike, Korsika
16-18/10 Irland

http://www.norsk-rally.com/modules/module_123/proxy.aspx?D=2&C=2&I=4980

Livewireshock
24th October 2007, 16:13
No Monte, No GB, No NZ

I can see the traditionalists foaming at the mouth already.

Livewireshock
24th October 2007, 16:39
Or Japan or Jordan either.

Was surprised not to see Abu Dhabi pushed forward as a possible 2009 candidate, as a Middle Eastern alternative to Jordan. Especially with the heavy influx of sponsorship from there recently.

Roy
24th October 2007, 16:46
Where do that Norge website this from? I can't found any information of this on the FIA website. I don't trust this information.

Le NaRcX
24th October 2007, 17:06
Sardinia again & again, the worst rally in the championship.

Sardinia, ¿Poland?, Greece, Chipre & Portugal all the same.

No Sweden, Catalunya, GB, NZ, MC... what the hell.

SubaruNorway
24th October 2007, 17:12
Where do that Norge website this from? I can't found any information of this on the FIA website. I don't trust this information.

The primeminister of the Norwegian Car Asotiation (If thats the right word for it) Roar Forgaard were on the meeting

jonas_mcrae
24th October 2007, 17:37
no way this is the real calendar, though i like Mexico being there LOL

Tomi
24th October 2007, 18:04
i have a feeling this calendar will still change a few times, good and well organised events should stay in the calendar, if they want to experiment they should do it with crap events, and also they should remember that WRC is in the first place a sport, not a tourist attraction.

Magnus
24th October 2007, 21:05
No Swedish Rally....????!!!!
******* ***** *** ********!!!!!!
:(

Lalo
24th October 2007, 21:13
No Monte?

I don't think the source is trustworthy or has confirmed these data.

SubaruNorway
24th October 2007, 21:17
But they will be back in 2010 and GB will switch with Ireland

Livewireshock
24th October 2007, 21:17
This may or may not be the true calendar & it does say it is to be ratified later in December.

But it does show that the 2009 calendar will have to have drastic changes, it will have to be tough to slash the number of events down & allow for their rotated counterpart.

Livewireshock
24th October 2007, 21:30
Even IF the Monte, GB, New Zealand et al were re-instated for 2009, it would then mean that they would have to sit out 2010. The is the whole notion of a rotation system.

The bottom line is that no one will be happy when their favourite and/or local event is forced to have to miss out every other year. The FIA have stipulated that the policy applies to ALL rallies in order to be fairer.

No matter which way I look at it, someone is going to hurt.

Magnus
24th October 2007, 21:41
They interviewed Klarin, head of the swedish rally, on swedish TV4 a few minutes ago, and according to him the desicion is confirmed. A agreement on how to split the organisation between the norwegian rally and the swedish will be signed shortly.

Magnus
24th October 2007, 21:46
The list of rallies for 2009 looks a little bit like an embryo to having a "classical" year and then one year with newbees or special rallies in some way, and then let it run like that from year to year. It could be interesting, and leave room for more odd rallies, allthough I am shure the main sponsors woulnd´t like it very much.

AndyRAC
25th October 2007, 00:05
Remember 1996, no Monte or RAC, I can't believe they're gonna do this again. I thought they were going to keep the 'Classics' permament, and rotate the rest. Idiotic decision, can you imagine F1 without Monaco? I really despair at this sport sometimes.

tmx
25th October 2007, 00:52
that look like the worse championship. if this was true i would not watch rally that year.

Xeroid
25th October 2007, 01:00
No NZ !!!!! No Japan !!! No Monte !!!!
I think the FIA and WRC just crapped out big time on this one.
And they want me to pay for WRC+ FFS ??
They're going lose me for good the way they're heading. Might have to start following the 'roundies' and V8's down south.

Livewireshock
25th October 2007, 01:07
Remember 1996, no Monte or RAC, I can't believe they're gonna do this again. I thought they were going to keep the 'Classics' permament, and rotate the rest. Idiotic decision, can you imagine F1 without Monaco? I really despair at this sport sometimes.

It was always stated that no rally was immune from the Rotation system. No favours were being given in order to be "fair" to all.

DonJippo
25th October 2007, 06:49
Rotation has been tried before did not work will not work this time either.

pino
25th October 2007, 07:04
This can only be a joke...No Sweden, No Monte, No GB, No NZ :crazy:

DonJippo
25th October 2007, 07:47
This can only be a joke...No Sweden :crazy:

Even bigger reason to go to Sweden next year...plus that you need to come and pay my dinner :D

Josti
25th October 2007, 07:56
I wonder how people would react if Finland was rotaded.

I'm not happy with this calender, doesn't look exciting to me. They could have left some classics in it. I mean, Monte, Sweden, Spain, NZ and GB rotated at the same time. What an idiots at FIA :down:

Let alone the fact that again, 3 rallies of the same kind (Sardinia, Greece and Cyprus). What happened to the proposed mix-surface events?!

Magnus
25th October 2007, 08:13
Is the board at FIA official? I mean, the names of the ones taking the desicions? Not that i will stalk them in any way, but it would be interesting to see what background they have, in order to better understand their point of view.

Brother John
25th October 2007, 09:00
I wonder how people would react if Finland was rotaded.

I'm not happy with this calender, doesn't look exciting to me. They could have left some classics in it. I mean, Monte, Sweden, Spain, NZ and GB rotated at the same time. What an idiots at FIA :down:

Let alone the fact that again, 3 rallies of the same kind (Sardinia, Greece and Cyprus). What happened to the proposed mix-surface events?!

Now there are once changes and you start already to nag.
Natural negatively reacting if fans must missing their favorit country or rally. F*ck the classics. :s mokin:. As a matter of fact...Mexico, Argentina, Portugal, Italia, Sardinia, Greece are also classics, at last we will see totally new rallys such as....Norway, Polen and Irland.

hari
25th October 2007, 09:02
I think its fair if every event is in the roation system and has to sit out a year. For sure the classics will be missed. If you look on the list the 2010 events could be:

Monte
Sweden
Catalunya
Jordan
Turkye
Germany
New Zealand
Japan
Wales
xx
xx
xx

Brother John
25th October 2007, 09:08
For sure the classics will be missed. If you look on the list the 2010 events could be:

Monte
Sweden
Catalunya
Jordan
Turkye
Germany
New Zealand
Japan
Wales
xx
xx
xx

Com on......You say it yourself. I think its fair if every event is in the roation system and has to sit out a year.
Why you put a list her with the same old sh*t? :dozey: :confused:

hari
25th October 2007, 09:12
why same old ****?
this is the list how 2010 probably lool like with those events who have to sit out 2009.

It will just show that it is not that bad as written above...

I think its the best way to have all the events in the WRC.

JAM
25th October 2007, 09:31
O wonder why Corsica is on the 2009 calendar project... anyone read the last weeks Autosport Mag? :rolleyes:

Roy
25th October 2007, 09:33
O wonder why Corsica is on the 2009 calendar project... anyone read the last weeks Autosport Mag? :rolleyes:

No, didn't read. What do they write?

AndyRAC
25th October 2007, 09:57
It was always stated that no rally was immune from the Rotation system. No favours were being given in order to be "fair" to all.

Well that just sucks, sorry but WRC is struggling at the moment for proper media coverage and interest, so they decide to drop two of the Flagship events for 1 year, utter madness. Okay so maybe it isn't fair not to drop them, but the Monte is the most famous Rally in the World, the one Joe Bloggs has heard of. It happened in 1996, and it wasn't right, so they decide to repeat the mistake. There is a saying,' Learn from your mistakes' they obviously aren't!

Josti
25th October 2007, 10:57
Natural negatively reacting if fans must missing their favorit country or rally. F*ck the classics. :s mokin:. As a matter of fact...Mexico, Argentina, Portugal, Italia, Sardinia, Greece are also classics, at last we will see totally new rallys such as....Norway, Polen and Irland.

Just my opinion BJ. I don't mind if some are up for rotation, but all for the same year, no (tradition ain't wrong). Let alone the fact what we are getting back for it. I mean, Portugal, Sardinia, Acropolis, Cyprus are all pretty much from the same shed. And with only 1 snow event, and 2 tarmacs, the variety is a joke.

I don't see Mexico, Portugal (algarve) and Sardinia as classics to be honest.

A.F.F.
25th October 2007, 11:29

With all due respect to the organizers of Rally Mexico, I don't consider it a classic rally yet.

pino
25th October 2007, 11:50
Even bigger reason to go to Sweden next year...plus that you need to come and pay my dinner :D

If I go, I will pay your dinner with pleasure ;)

Sardalense
25th October 2007, 12:27
The president o Automovel Clube de Portugal (the organisers of Rally of Portugal) said today to a newspaper, that Rally of Mexico is included in 2008 calendar because the auto club that organises the rally will be 100 years old in 2010. So they asked if they could do the rally in 2008, miss 2009 and return in 2010... But it seems that is not like that.

Was Max Mosley who decide that Mexico should stay in the championship.

http://desporto.autohoje.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=253&Itemid=52
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Brother John
25th October 2007, 12:38
If I go, I will pay your dinner with pleasure ;)

If you go??? We know you go. :D I´l be your driver.

Livewireshock
25th October 2007, 15:28
And with only 1 snow event, and 2 tarmacs, the variety is a joke.

I think the FIA believe the new ruling allowing mixed surface rallies will compensate for this with several gravel rallies having a day competing on tarmac.

Brother John
25th October 2007, 15:50
I think the FIA believe the new ruling allowing mixed surface rallies will compensate for this with several gravel rallies having a day competing on tarmac.

We told you that rally on tarmac is now rally, mixed surface would be oke! ;)

Erki
25th October 2007, 19:48
29-31/5 Hellas

^ What the hell is that? ^

hari
25th October 2007, 20:19
29-31/5 Hellas

^ What the hell is that? ^

Acropolis Rally of Greece

Roy
25th October 2007, 20:27
Some member of Norway speaks to early...
WRC calendar 2009 leaked(?)

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/156414-0/wrc_calendar_for_2009_leaked.html

bryst
25th October 2007, 20:40
Is there anything official about these proposed changes to 2009's calender onwards.
I hope it doesn't happen ,no problem with rotating the newer event's but leave the classics like Monte,Sweden,Gb and Nz alone.
I thought the whole idea of Wrc was to promote the manufacturers in the biggest markets so going to places like Poland would be a retrograde step.

SubaruNorway
25th October 2007, 20:56
Some member of Norway speaks to early...
WRC calendar 2009 leaked(?)

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/156414-0/wrc_calendar_for_2009_leaked.html

hahaha :D

jso1985
26th October 2007, 05:31
Is there anything official about these proposed changes to 2009's calender onwards.
I hope it doesn't happen ,no problem with rotating the newer event's but leave the classics like Monte,Sweden,Gb and Nz alone.
I thought the whole idea of Wrc was to promote the manufacturers in the biggest markets so going to places like Poland would be a retrograde step.

with that idea then why you defend Sweden and Nz? they aren't big markets either

rotating sucks, didn't work ten years ago I doubt it will work now

bryst
26th October 2007, 17:54
Yeah true Sweden and New Zealand are small markets but they are both classics so for that reason alone they deserve to be in.

N
26th October 2007, 18:16
also, the drivers and teams love NZ because it's smooth and fast with awesome scenery, I've never heard of drivers complaining about rally NZ.