PDA

View Full Version : Black Boks (Rugby discussion)

Daniel
24th October 2007, 13:40
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A28204472

It really is shameful what the South African government is wanting to do to Rugby in the country :crazy: It seems that the great achievements of non-white players like Paulse, Chester Williams, Habana, Pietersen and the rest that their achievements of black or coloured players will be undermined by the government simply having quotas on the racial makeup of the team. As a proud Springbok supporter I couldn't care less if they have 15 purple skinned players playing for them as long as they're the best players in the country. I think I'd seriously consider supporting another nation if South Africa institutes racism into the selection of it's Rugby team :mark:

I was very proud to see a Thabo Mbeki out there with those 15 South Africans (whether they be black, white, yellow or purple) being happy to be South African and be winning a major sporting event. Why can't it just be about having the best 15 South Africans on the field playing their hearts out and doing their best? Why when they had something as horrible as Apartheid happen do the government want to do the same back? :mark:

I'm proud to say my blood is green but I honestly don't know for how much longer. I only hope that Thabo got a taste of winning on Saturday night and realises that the only way he's going to be up there again is if he allows the best team to be chosen regardless on colour. If not I think top young players like Steyn with a long future ahead of them will suddenly become French or English.