PDA

View Full Version : Good news from Sweden

Toyotastarlet
3rd January 2007, 17:54
Patrik Flodin and his co-driver Maria Andersson is entering PWRC with the help from Olsbergs. Stohl racing will provide them with two new built Subaru.

They will participate in rally Sweden in the Olsbergs Subaru WRC.

Wonderful news for us swedes. We have longed so very much for Patrik and Maria to get a good drive.

Now we have Daniel Carlsson, Patrik Flodin, P-G Andersson and Patrik Sandell up there. Can it be that Sweden is coming back as a big rally-nation? Keep our fingers crossed.

Simmi
3rd January 2007, 18:32
Any news on P-G for the coming season? Hopefully he can patch a few WRC drives together.

J4MIE
3rd January 2007, 19:00
Ahhhh... great news but I thought you were going to say that it had started snowing ;)

Donney
3rd January 2007, 19:06
Me too.

Jr.
3rd January 2007, 19:26
Its snowing in most of eastern Norway as we speak

Sulland
3rd January 2007, 20:17
And tomorrow it will get mild and above 0 C again in most of Norway.

But we are guaranteing enough snow for the event - arent we, fellow Nordic friends ?

Hopefully our big brother in east will come back as a great WRC nation !

A.F.F.
3rd January 2007, 20:25
Folks here in Finland are palying frigging golf :eek:

It's january for ****'s sake :mad:

Viktory
3rd January 2007, 20:44
I also thought you were going to say something like 1 metre of snow guaranteed for Hagfors area in early feb :p

Still great news about Flodin! :)

Mihai
3rd January 2007, 21:05
Ahhhh... great news but I thought you were going to say that it had started snowing ;)

I thought he is going to say that the Swedish Police found Ostberg's stolen Impreza S10 WRC. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

bennizw
3rd January 2007, 21:16
I was actually thinking he was going to say the same as Mihai thought, allthough snowfall was right behind :p :

Koppomsbo
3rd January 2007, 21:18
Any news on P-G for the coming season? Hopefully he can patch a few WRC drives together.

doesnt look good for a start in the swedish rally when i spoke to him today.. about the rest of the season still no news

Timole
4th January 2007, 07:52
Indeed great news for Patrik and Maria. Patrik has showed superb speed and good driving skills so we can just wait and see how they will do in their home rally. So. at the moment we can only sing: "All we need is snow..."

Sulland
4th January 2007, 20:37
Here the Swedes are first again: A S2000 car on snow - only thing missing is that they follow their green line and feeds it E85 !

The Sweeds are again in the front of the development of the future !

Will be interessting to compare Flodin and Joge in N4.
I think that as of now the 207 is a faster S2000 car than the Corolla is, since it is factory buildt - but that we will have to wait until the first IRC round to see !

CABAIO E'LONA
4th January 2007, 22:20
Good for Patrik Flodin that will participate in rally sweden in a subaru WRC.. is the first rally in a WRC, is true??

Tom206wrc
4th January 2007, 23:11
Will be interessting to compare Flodin and Joge in N4.

:confused:

You want to compare a WRC driver with an S2000 one ??? :s

Better for Joge to be compared to Arai, Nutahara, Al Atiyah, Hänninen or any other local GrN drivers, no ??

Sulland
5th January 2007, 00:24
:confused:

You want to compare a WRC driver with an S2000 one ??? :s

Better for Joge to be compared to Arai, Nutahara, Al Atiyah, Hänninen or any other local GrN drivers, no ??

Sorry, forgot that Flodin is driving in A8 at the Swedish 07 - so replace him with: Alen, Svedlund, Gustavson and Brynildsen or maybe Jenny ?

Tom206wrc
5th January 2007, 01:08
I hope we will see soon pictures of the swedish 207 on Jimmy's website !!!

I'm looking forward to discovering its livery !! :)

Toyotastarlet
5th January 2007, 12:56
Good for Patrik Flodin that will participate in rally sweden in a subaru WRC.. is the first rally in a WRC, is true??

Flodin drove a Mitsu WRC in some rally in Norway once. An older car with orders to take it easy. He did so and finished with no scratches and a 5th position.

I think that there will be the same orders in Sweden, so don´t expect any miracle. His main purpose is PWRC after all.

bennizw
5th January 2007, 14:25
It was a Group A Mitsubishi, but goes under the A8 categori.

eppel
5th January 2007, 20:28
Looks like the Swedish 207 is going to be blue..
http://www.swerally.se/resources/images/_system/newsimages/newsitem_1167996119.jpg

COD
5th January 2007, 22:15
Sorry, forgot that Flodin is driving in A8 at the Swedish 07 - so replace him with: Alen, Svedlund, Gustavson and Brynildsen or maybe Jenny ?

Gr. N and PCWRC winner is going to be Hänninen. mark my word

FabiaFan
5th January 2007, 22:19
Why is Ekstrom missing???

FabiaFan
5th January 2007, 22:20
Gr. N and PCWRC winner is going to be Hänninen. mark my wordWhat about Alen?

DonJippo
5th January 2007, 22:37
What about Alen?

Second.

Erki
5th January 2007, 22:40
Why is Ekstrom missing???

He concentrates only on DTM next year.

Slipzen
6th January 2007, 00:08

I put my money on Ketomäki. He has shown really good pace earlier in Sweden.

A.F.F.
6th January 2007, 00:19
I'm afraid Ketomäki can't keep up with Hänninen and Alen when the real driving starts. And with Alen, it traditionally starts right up from the start :D

Anton will win ;)

Tomi
6th January 2007, 00:21
I put my money on Ketomäki. He has shown really good pace earlier in Sweden.
I think too that Ketomäki will win group N, PCWRC by Hänninen or Alen.

Tom206wrc
6th January 2007, 08:49

GrN winner in Sweden will be JIMMY JOGE !!! :p :
Mark my word :p :

raybak
6th January 2007, 11:27
If there's no snow for Sweden, we have plenty here in Australia even though it's Summer.

This Global warming is going crazy.

Ray
PS still suffering from the flu from being out in the snow in shorts and thongs.

FabiaFan
6th January 2007, 13:35
He concentrates only on DTM next year.But this event doesn't collide at all with the DTM schedule (incl. testing) - there must be another reason...

Erki
6th January 2007, 13:48
But this event doesn't collide at all with the DTM schedule (incl. testing) - there must be another reason...

He wants no distractions whatsoever - his 2006 in DTM was pretty bad to say the least.

Simmi
6th January 2007, 13:48
The reason is I think he did so poorly last year he needs to focus on his DTM. And no RedBull Skoda's either would be the most obvious reason.

J.Lindstroem
6th January 2007, 15:20
GrN winner in Sweden will be JIMMY JOGE !!! :p :
Mark my word :p :

Indeed. :)

COD
6th January 2007, 15:31
Second.

Maybe not, me thinks Gr.N will be:

1. Hänninen
2. Sohlberg
3. Alen
4. Ketomäki
5. Who cares.... :laugh:

Toyotastarlet
11th January 2007, 22:26
Even more good news. Patrik Sandell will be official works-driver for Renault. He will drive full season in JWRC with their new car Clio R3.

.................. and it´s snowing in Stockholm right now.