PDA

View Full Version : Flavio isn't Serious

Tazio
23rd October 2007, 16:17
Although it is true, that would have been the biggest chicken-s#!t move in the history of motor sport! Who is he trying to impress with this notion? Or is he just stirring the pot?
Or, perhaps you agree, and think it wouldn't be inappropriate!

Flavio Briatore says McLaren has no-one to blame for failing to win the drivers' world championship.

"They should have put a reserve in Alonso's place and Hamilton would have won without any problem," the Italian told Antenna 3 television.

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=70092&newlang=&topic=8&catid=0

OTA
23rd October 2007, 17:31
I see there a clear sarcasm. I think that Flav says if FA was the problem, get rid of it if you have the balls to do it. They did not want the title period, they wanted the title with LH, and that's what brought them down.

Cheers
David

Tazio
23rd October 2007, 17:35
"I see" said the blind man

ratonmacias
23rd October 2007, 18:16
i guess that if mclaren benched alonso he would be free as he must be clever enough to sign a racing contract not a driving contract.

in my view flavio really wants alonso back and he is fueling the fire to help his buddy.

Firstgear
23rd October 2007, 18:22
It's pretty easy to come up with many "They should have" comments with the benifit of hindsight. Flavio is probably pretty good at picking yesterdays winning Lotto numbers as well.

Tazio
23rd October 2007, 18:29
It's pretty easy to come up with many "They should have" comments with the benifit of hindsight. Flavio is probably pretty good at picking yesterdays winning Lotto numbers as well.
Actually he is pretty good at arranging the winning lottery numbers!
This is the last time I'm telling this forum! Flavio is in the Mob!

fandango
23rd October 2007, 21:07
I see there a clear sarcasm. I think that Flav says if FA was the problem, get rid of it if you have the balls to do it. They did not want the title period, they wanted the title with LH, and that's what brought them down.

Cheers
David

I agree with this idea :up: Only one driver can win in the end, so at some point it makes no sense to have both your drivers taking points off each other. So if McLaren were so sure of Lewis, this is what they should have done, instead of bad mouthing Alonso.

Rollo
23rd October 2007, 23:55
The counter to that is that both McLaren drivers had a bite at the cherry.
If Alonso had been just one place higher, he would have scored 8 not 6 points and been on 111 points at the end of the day and World Champion.

If Massa came 3rd and Alonso came second, Lewis still scores 2 points for coming in second; at no point after the first lap did Hamilton ever look like beating Alonso on track, so at best this argument is short circuited and at worst spurious on ad absurdium grounds.

leopard
24th October 2007, 03:58
We can't simplify the problem when the driver has lost appetite for fighting. He can do whatever he wants to compensate his disappointment over the team.

I was not sure Nando would be happy finish number 3 once he know Hamilton went forward to number 6 or higher. :s

rohanweb
24th October 2007, 05:10
btw isnt it good to mclaren,ferrari,renault & ever improving bmw , all go head to head try and win races.. that would be really nice to see 4 different teams really go head to head next year..

Alonso to getback to renault.. for now..mclaren isnt the place for his own attitude!

we will see rather politics-less F1 year 2008

wmcot
24th October 2007, 06:49
It's always entertaining to hear Flavio's take on the situation! :)

fandango
24th October 2007, 19:45
The counter to that is that both McLaren drivers had a bite at the cherry.
If Alonso had been just one place higher, he would have scored 8 not 6 points and been on 111 points at the end of the day and World Champion.

If Massa came 3rd and Alonso came second, Lewis still scores 2 points for coming in second; at no point after the first lap did Hamilton ever look like beating Alonso on track, so at best this argument is short circuited and at worst spurious on ad absurdium grounds.

That's all very well, but it didn't work! When has it worked? In 96, for Williams, before that in the eighties with Senna and Prost, although that didn't work too well. Before that? If you're going to spend millions on building a team up and having the best car why not make the decision on the driver? Otherwise it's just not viable. It's like having a team full of strikers in football. I think that's the point Flav is getting at.

Valve Bounce
25th October 2007, 01:12
Is this part of the posturing by the two parties in a round about haggle over next year's salary for Alonso? Alonso says that Renault may not be the only team next year for him, while Flav is trying to say that Perhaps Fernando could have been benched.

One never knows what is behind the minds of people when money bargaining is involved.

Tazio
25th October 2007, 01:42
[quote="Valve Bounce"]Is this part of the posturing by the two parties in a round about haggle over next year's salary for Alonso? Alonso says that Renault may not be the only team next year for him, while Flav is trying to say that Perhaps Fernando could have been benched.

That's an interesting take. He wasn't benched however,
and he ended up with the exact same # of points as Loserton.
So by association Fred’s a loser? Flav in a moment of kindness
is willing to give the has-been about as much money as
the not-quite-yet-been

leopard
25th October 2007, 03:15
Having rumored that Alonso has made refusal on the bigger money of Toyota.

He needs a competitive car, not only the amount of money ;)

Valve Bounce
25th October 2007, 03:59
Having rumored that Alonso has made refusal on the bigger money of Toyota.

He needs a competitive car, not only the amount of money ;)

I wonder if a straight swap with Williams for Rosberg might be on the cards?? That might be the prelude for Toyota to pull out of F1 and supply Williams with power AND money!! Williams would then have the same arrangement as they had with BMW, but with most of the say while Toyota provides the moola.

leopard
25th October 2007, 04:36
Toyota have and want to spend the resource for their seriousness working on F1. Rosberg wouldn't be a bad choice but it doesn't seem william let him go nor toyota pull out and and only supply williams their engine.

Alonso's refusal enlighten us that the option is now focusing on Renault, in case McLaren prefer retain Hamilton to Alonso.

Would this reunion be a good choice considering Renault performance is now no significantly better than Toyota.
That's a pity saying sorry to the biggest amount in F1 ever.

OmarF1
25th October 2007, 18:32
Flavio it's phücking with everyone's heads..he always hide something on his favour behind that creepy smile and bag-like belly

Tazio
25th October 2007, 18:59
I wonder if a straight swap with Williams for Rosberg might be on the cards?? That might be the prelude for Toyota to pull out of F1 and supply Williams with power AND money!! Williams would then have the same arrangement as they had with BMW, but with most of the say while Toyota provides the moola.
Brilliant!

passmeatissue
25th October 2007, 19:30
Didn't Ron once call Flav a salesman or something, years ago? Also Pat Symmonds has said that Renault would not have won anything without Fernando, and in fact they have been humiliated this year, so Ron taking him must have upset Flav even more. No surprise he couldn't resist a bit of a dig.

OmarF1
25th October 2007, 21:27
Didn't Ron once call Flav a salesman or something, years ago? Also Pat Symmonds has said that Renault would not have won anything without Fernando, and in fact they have been humiliated this year, so Ron taking him must have upset Flav even more. No surprise he couldn't resist a bit of a dig.

Well, he must be a helluva salesman, It isn't easy to look atractive to supermodels, cheating on them when pregnant and have the guts to wear that tight tiny thongs he war by being just barely a "salesman". :D

leopard
26th October 2007, 05:20
Flavio it's phücking with everyone's heads..he always hide something on his favour behind that creepy smile and bag-like belly
He always use a waist-bag to place the coins

pino
26th October 2007, 06:59
Playboy/salesman or not, had Flavio been in charge at McLaren this year, he would've won the title :p :

leopard
26th October 2007, 07:25
Well, he must be a helluva salesman, It isn't easy to look atractive to supermodels, cheating on them when pregnant and have the guts to wear that tight tiny thongs he war by being just barely a "salesman". :D
'Salesman' cannot call someone else 'salesman' when posting :p : :)

jas123f1
26th October 2007, 07:32

Cheers
David

I agreed with you. I think Flavio was a bit sarcastic when he was saying that. He thinks that if they all ready did use the 2 times Champion as a "second driver" so why don’t put him totaly away from his (probably) last race in the team - if he was causing that big pressure to their favourite rookie Hamilton.
If I remember right so was Alonso declaring all ready earlier that he hadn’t nothing to say any more when it was a question of car development (at least during the five latest GPs) – that he was only driving his car, noting more - and I’m inclined to believe him in that. I think Ron Dennis doesn’t like Alonso very much any more and when it was going quite well for Hamilton - his own "foster child" - it was easy for him to decide who gets his and teams support in first hand..

I think also that Flavio should give a job to Alonso right a way, if it’s possible and make him to a first driver in his team. :)