PDA

View Full Version : Interesting idea for forum punishments

Daniel
23rd October 2007, 09:38
With the Formula 1 season being the way it's been I think the outdated method of punishment (points) in use on the forum needs to be changed to reflect the recent changes in motorsport. Instead of getting points Mark should fine people £10 for a minor infringement and £20 for anything bigger.

We call ourselves a motorsport forum but how can we truly say this unless we adopt a more authentic method of punishing members who break the rules? :p

Who's with me? :D

Mark
23rd October 2007, 09:40
Yes, this will be implemented immediately. Plus, anybody found to be sharing information as to what they will post will be fined £100 million.

Daniel
23rd October 2007, 09:44
Yes, this will be implemented immediately. Plus, anybody found to be sharing information as to what they will post will be fined £100 million.
Is that less the revenue we would have got for each of our posts? As in .00000000001p per post :p

Caroline
23rd October 2007, 10:12
Daniel, may I suggest that you increase your overdraft limit?

Daniel
23rd October 2007, 10:15
Daniel, may I suggest that you increase your overdraft limit?
Why I ought to show you the back of my hand :angryfire

:p

Daniel
23rd October 2007, 12:18
The money raised should go into Moderator's salaries. Except I can't afford to be in that high a tax bracket.
:D
Definitely not! Half of the money will go towards lesser forum members and the other half will have to go towards lining Mark's pockets :p

Dave B
29th October 2007, 11:09
Surely the punishment system should reflect the FIA's own system.

So if a well-liked and popular poster transgresses the rules they just get a slapped wrist, but is a poster against whom a mod has a long-standing personal vendetta does the same they get all their posts removed and a huge fine.

The longest-standing members can break the rules with impunity, knowing that the moderators will take a more, ahem, "flexible" approach.

Posters may, of course, insist that a representive from their ISP is present at all times to ensure fair play.

If any retired posters return to question the moderator's authority they'll be branded a half-wit and have their clothing mocked.

Daniel
29th October 2007, 11:35
Me too :up:

tinchote
30th October 2007, 05:51

So if a well-liked and popular poster transgresses the rules they just get a slapped wrist, but is a poster against whom a mod has a long-standing personal vendetta does the same they get all their posts removed and a huge fine.

The longest-standing members can break the rules with impunity, knowing that the moderators will take a more, ahem, "flexible" approach.

Posters may, of course, insist that a representive from their ISP is present at all times to ensure fair play.

If any retired posters return to question the moderator's authority they'll be branded a half-wit and have their clothing mocked.

:rotflmao:

janneppi
30th October 2007, 06:55

Not quite so, only the postcount will be affected, induvidual posts will not be deleted because it would hurt the spectacle. :)

:p My future commets about Daniels clothes will be quite justified. :p :

Daniel
30th October 2007, 07:47
Not quite so, only the postcount will be affected, induvidual posts will not be deleted because it would hurt the spectacle. :)

My future commets about Daniels clothes will be quite justified. :p :
:p Grrrrrrr :p

pino
30th October 2007, 12:10
With the Formula 1 season being the way it's been I think the outdated method of punishment (points) in use on the forum needs to be changed to reflect the recent changes in motorsport. Instead of getting points Mark should fine people £10 for a minor infringement and £20 for anything bigger.

We call ourselves a motorsport forum but how can we truly say this unless we adopt a more authentic method of punishing members who break the rules? :p

Who's with me? :D

I am not :p : A new ban-rule will be introduced by the start of next year F1 season...all of you will love it :hmph: :p :

Garry Walker
30th October 2007, 12:39

What is sad, is that actually seems to be case already here.

BDunnell
30th October 2007, 13:04

Like it! I'm also waiting for someone to take it seriously. Oh, wait...

pino
30th October 2007, 13:09
What is sad, is that actually seems to be case already here.

I am sorry, I've missunderstood that post, and will reverse that infraction :)

Sorry again :(

Garry Walker
30th October 2007, 13:15
I am sorry, I've missunderstood that post, and will reverse that infraction :)

Sorry again :(

:) thank you.
A lesser man would have not responded like you did and taken it back (I am not going to name any names)

janneppi
30th October 2007, 13:35
I am not :p : A new ban-rule will be introduced by the start of next year F1 season...all of you will love it :hmph: :p :
Yeah, no more silly infractions for people to complain about, one warning and after that bye bye. ;)