PDA

View Full Version : Kimi or Lewis - who deserves the WDC?

wmcot
22nd October 2007, 21:02
Now that the season is "over" can we get a new poll to see who feels that Kimi should keep the championship and who thinks the courts should give it to Lewis?

F1boat
22nd October 2007, 21:08
Kimi deserves it, Lewis said so.

wmcot
22nd October 2007, 21:16
Kimi deserves it, Lewis said so.

I agree, but I'd like to see what others think.

tinchote
22nd October 2007, 21:37
We have three drivers who finished the season with 110, 109, 109 points. Any of them deserves the WDC; the results would have been different had there been one race less, and would have probably been different too if there were still one race to go.

GP-M3
22nd October 2007, 21:41
One more race to go would have been awesome... a true winner takes all!

We have three drivers who finished the season with 110, 109, 109 points. Any of them deserves the WDC; the results would have been different had there been one race less, and would have probably been different too if there were still one race to go.

Tomi
22nd October 2007, 21:44
Kimi without doubt, had most points after last race, also he won most races, the only one who propably think someother deserves the title more is the toss Ron Dennis.

wmcot
22nd October 2007, 21:45

But the one with 110 points earned it! Yes, it was close, but there was only one victor on the track and potentially one in the courts. I want to see how many will pick track over courtroom. That's why I am asking for a poll between the two.

If we consider any others, we are just going to "what if" ourselves to death until next season starts.

jens
22nd October 2007, 22:10
We have three drivers who finished the season with 110, 109, 109 points. Any of them deserves the WDC

:up: Absolutely. All drivers deserved the title almost equally, but this is the everlasting rule of competition - there is no such thing as "equal", someone simply has to win!

BDunnell
22nd October 2007, 22:16
:up: Absolutely. All drivers deserved the title almost equally, but this is the everlasting rule of competition - there is no such thing as "equal", someone simply has to win!

Exactly. And that person is Kimi.

gm99
22nd October 2007, 22:20
Kimi without a doubt - after 17 races (and in a season that has 17 races, that's all that counts) he is ahead in points. And not a single one of these points has been gained anywhere other than on the race track...

Hawkmoon
23rd October 2007, 01:14
I'm pretty sure the poll would result in a landslide victory for Raikkonen. Even Hamilton's most ardent fans on the forum seem to agree that the Finn won it fair-and-square and that the result should stand.

Ari
23rd October 2007, 02:11
KIMI.

Lewis had the FIA on his side and the Ferrari blueprints.

Kimi is the 2007 WDC Champion and Ferrari are the 2007 Constructors champions.... whether you consider McLaren were banned or not.

winer
23rd October 2007, 02:59
I'm pretty sure the poll would result in a landslide victory for Raikkonen. Even Hamilton's most ardent fans on the forum seem to agree that the Finn won it fair-and-square and that the result should stand.

Right on.

Valve Bounce
23rd October 2007, 05:45
Maybe Sato deserved it - but his car wasn't fast enough :p :

Cozzie
23rd October 2007, 05:51
I honestly think that in a normal situation the Williams and BMW cars would have been disqualified. This shouldn't be any different. GO LEWIS!

Roamy
23rd October 2007, 06:03
Kimi drove the car in the race that counted the most and with the most pressure - He deserves the title cuz he "Iced" it!!

wmcot
23rd October 2007, 06:07

Even Hamilton, himself, does not want to win the championship in court!

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41166

It would appear that only Ron Dennis, Damon Hill, and a few McLaren fans would be happy with a championship decided by a court!

(Then again, Lewis wouldn't get to keep the trophy anyway!)

wmcot
23rd October 2007, 06:10
One more race to go would have been awesome... a true winner takes all!

I though Brazil was a "winner takes all?" I guess it just wasn't your winner! :)

Roamy
23rd October 2007, 06:13
I though Brazil was a "winner takes all?" I guess it just wasn't your winner! :)

How true and well put

pino
23rd October 2007, 06:24
poll added and my vote offcourse goes to Kimi :p :

Tazio
23rd October 2007, 06:31
The only name that comes to mind is Kimi.
How could it be LH. He had it in front of him
for two races. He didn,t take it. So I'm
saying he didn't deserve it.

wmcot
23rd October 2007, 06:32
poll added and my vote offcourse goes to Kimi :p :

Thanks for the poll, pino! That's how I thought it should look. It proves that Ron Dennis is not on this forum! ;)

osg
23rd October 2007, 07:12
Why are we even having this poll? Everyone knows the Answer. :D

The Iceman cometh.

pino
23rd October 2007, 07:57
Why are we even having this poll?

Because this is a democratic forum :p :

raikk
23rd October 2007, 08:16
both... crazy answer but I stand by it... if a car has its fuel temperature a few degree's below what is allowed.. it would be DQed from the race... all of a sudden having a championship onboard makes the FIA have to bend the rules abit.. having said that I would be very much against them taking Kimi's WDC away from him.. because he bloody well earned it! I say give Hamilton an exact copy of a WDC and let Kimi keep his... Never been done and I know It sounds radical.. but then again anything can happen in F1! If you give both of them WDC's both parties will be reasonably happy and I think that big gap between Ferrari fans and Mclaren fans will close just a bit..

leopard
23rd October 2007, 08:34
There are two drivers tied with the same point, what was the judgment only pick one of them for the poll? :confused:

ioan
23rd October 2007, 10:16
Even Hamilton's most ardent fans on the forum seem to agree that the Finn won it fair-and-square and that the result should stand.

There are even more ardent ones, that you thought, it seems. ;)

F1boat
23rd October 2007, 10:17
Hell, Hamilton HIMSELF thinks that the appeal is bad for the sport.

Valve Bounce
23rd October 2007, 10:18
There are two drivers tied with the same point, what was the judgment only pick one of them for the poll? :confused:

Do the maths lah!! :p :

jas123f1
23rd October 2007, 10:38
Thanks for the poll, pino! That's how I thought it should look. It proves that Ron Dennis is not on this forum! ;)

Don't be that sure, there is a vote to Lewis too. :D

To start an "after game" like this it's only one more mistake to add to the list McLaren has done this year. It’s pity because we had a chance to try forget all B*ll Sh** there has been under the season. Even Lewis understands that and don’t like this never stopping mess at all – only Ron Dennis doesn’t get it..

I was hoping to see Nico and Lewis in same team next season. Nico is fantastic guy and should absolutely be ready for that. :)

alfa155btcc
23rd October 2007, 10:40
the IceMan Kimi Ofcorse
:s mokin:

leopard
23rd October 2007, 10:50
Do the maths lah!! :p :
ok lah if so

I only think the more proper poll is comparison between those have the same point.

Since when driver at lower point win in the polling? ;)

Valve Bounce
23rd October 2007, 11:04
ok lah if so

I only think the more proper poll is comparison between those have the same point.

Since when driver at lower point win in the polling? ;)

Wake up, beast!! this is about the effect of disqualification would have on the championship if both BMW and Williams cars are D/Q'd, which means that Lewis Hamilton would the com e in 4th and be the champion.

leopard
23rd October 2007, 11:22
Wake up, beast!! this is about the effect of disqualification would have on the championship if both BMW and Williams cars are D/Q'd, which means that Lewis Hamilton would the com e in 4th and be the champion.
ok, wake up now, It only didn't cross in my mind that this sort of issue seriously give the driver bad effect being disqualified considering the gigascandal didn't effect the drivers whatsoever.

you are right anyway ;)

f1kid1987
23rd October 2007, 12:53
as much i wanted lewis to win, kimi had the most points at the end of the season and had the most wins so he deserved to won. also lewis said so

samuratt
23rd October 2007, 12:55
Because this is a democratic forum :p :

There is no democracy when your are forced to choose between two options. The winner is Kimi already, this poll is useless.

555-04Q2
23rd October 2007, 12:59
Max Mosley :s tareup:

Jefe Máximo
23rd October 2007, 13:00
Who "deserves" the title?

The winner.

Kimi won it fair and square, it was others to lose it and he took advantage.

Rakka rules.

pino
23rd October 2007, 13:10
There is no democracy when your are forced to choose between two options. The winner is Kimi already, this poll is useless.

The thread says Kimi or Lewis, but I can add Alonso if that makes you happy :)

samuratt
23rd October 2007, 18:48
The thread says Kimi or Lewis, but I can add Alonso if that makes you happy :)

:D

Add something like "other" or "not sure, not interested" ;)
just joking! I was able to go through the thread without voting! :)

Firstgear
23rd October 2007, 19:03
It would appear that only Ron Dennis, Damon Hill, and a few McLaren fans would be happy with a championship decided by a court!
You should add Ferrari to that list. They seemed quite happy to win the WCC in court. I'm obviously not a Ferrari fan, but I voted Kimi.

Lewis cracked just enough to lose it. Kimi kept at it all season, even when he was all but eliminated a few races ago. When you compare Kimi's response to adversity to Alonso's, it's easy to see Kimi is a worthy champion. He and Alonso were both in the same situation one third of the way into the season. Both being beaten by teammates they were supposed to dominate. Alonso whined, Kimi got down to business. No question he deserves it.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd October 2007, 23:38
Although, as a Brit I wanted Hamilton to win, Kimi deserves it because he scored more points and had more wins.

I don't know why some people would think Lewis deserves it more

wmcot
24th October 2007, 00:31
The winner is Kimi already, this poll is useless.

Tell that to those who voted for Lewis! As I suspected, there are some out there that just will not accept the results on track. I feel sorry for them since they always "feel cheated" in life. F1 isn't always fair and life isn't always fair - in fact we would probably all disagree to some extent on what we think is "fair."

Yes, the fuel in a few cars was allegedly a few degrees cold, but Lewis lost the WDC by sliding off the pit entrance at China, going wide while trying to pass his teammate, and then switching on the START button in the middle of a race. A few degrees difference in the fuel are minor compared to those mistakes. Cool fuel didn't cost Lewis a title! Even Lewis admits his mistakes and I applaud him for that. Unfortunately, his foster-father, Ron, can't let it go!

nigelred5
24th October 2007, 01:22
Kimi did it the right way. He won the races and made up for his DNf's with points when the mattered the most. I think Ferrari handled their drivers very well this year unlike McLaren.

IMHO, Kimi did it the only way, AKA: Shut up and drive!

Hawkmoon
24th October 2007, 02:26
Raikkonen won more races and Hamilton was NOT any more consistent over the course of the entire season. Since his victory in France Raikkonen finished off the podium only once, as a result of the Nurburgring DNF. That's 9 podiums out of 10 starts, including 5 wins. That's better, in my opinion than Hamilton's 9 podiums to start the season which included only 2 wins. They also both had 12 podiums.

stevie_gerrard
24th October 2007, 03:34
Kimi gets my vote, consistently the best performer, when he needed the race wins, he got them, and he was always lurking around, even if he wasnt particuarly close, he was liek some wasp you couldnt get rid of, he was always in the back of your mind. I think he has proved just what a great driver he is, even though it was unlucky Hamilton didnt win the title in such a dominant position. I was rooting for Lewis, but in general, understood how good Kimi was during the middle part of the season especially.

Hamiltons consistency was just as good during the season, with only one retirement, but them gambles just didnt pay off when he needed them to. Yet his time will come to be in the spotlight, and he will probably be there for many years to come. :)

raikk
24th October 2007, 05:52
You should add Ferrari to that list. They seemed quite happy to win the WCC in court. I'm obviously not a Ferrari fan, but I voted Kimi.

Lewis cracked just enough to lose it. Kimi kept at it all season, even when he was all but eliminated a few races ago. When you compare Kimi's response to adversity to Alonso's, it's easy to see Kimi is a worthy champion. He and Alonso were both in the same situation one third of the way into the season. Both being beaten by teammates they were supposed to dominate. Alonso whined, Kimi got down to business. No question he deserves it.

post of the month! :up:

millencolin
24th October 2007, 07:08
Kimi 6 wins
lewis 4 wins...

need i say more?

wmcot
24th October 2007, 23:50
Kimi 6 wins
lewis 4 wins...

need i say more?

Not good enough for a few people around here.

DonnieDarco
25th October 2007, 00:08
Kimi, because Lewis had the best chance but messed up on the day. It's not the end of the world, he's young, very talented and has plenty of years left yet.

mclark11
25th October 2007, 03:27
This is the same answered as I had a few years ago. And the answer is in the points Kimi deserves it this year and when it was Kimi and Fernando, Fernando deserved it even though many nay sayer

ArrowsFA1
25th October 2007, 08:55
Who "deserves" the title?

The winner.
Simple and true :up: The perfect combination :s mokin:

passmeatissue
25th October 2007, 14:16
Bridgestone made sure only Ferrari could win that race, by bringing the softs + supersofts instead of mediums + softs. Brazil wasn't really a competition, it was a free gift to Kimi from the long-term Ferrari ally that Max put in once he'd got Michelin out. Even with his off and the gearbox problem, Lewis would have got up to 5th if his soft front tyres hadn't been too soft to do the third stint to the end, as the team planned. So I think over the season as a whole, Lewis deserved it, and McLaren should appeal everything they can. The stewards' feeble excuses for bottling their decision ought to be challenged, anyway.

catnip
25th October 2007, 17:13
I think you'll find the supersofts were supposed to favor McLaren...

As for the thread's question, the one who has more points: Kimi.

25th October 2007, 17:14
Bridgestone made sure only Ferrari could win that race, by bringing the softs + supersofts instead of mediums + softs.

So why did they not use a similar tactic in Malaysia, Monaco, Montreal, Indianapolis, Hungary, Nurburgring, Fuji and, even more importantly, Monza?

Other than the obvious reason?

Tazio
25th October 2007, 17:32
Bridgestone made sure only Ferrari could win that race, by bringing the softs + supersofts instead of mediums + softs. Brazil wasn't really a competition, it was a free gift to Kimi from the long-term Ferrari ally that Max put in once he'd got Michelin out. Even with his off and the gearbox problem, Lewis would have got up to 5th if his soft front tyres hadn't been too soft to do the third stint to the end, as the team planned. So I think over the season as a whole, Lewis deserved it, and McLaren should appeal everything they can. The stewards' feeble excuses for bottling their decision ought to be challenged, anyway.
You are an exceptional Conspiracy Theorist for one with only seven posts!
I don't know where you honed your skills,
but I suspect you have other theorist in this forum sweating bullets!

Corny
25th October 2007, 17:35
the one with the most points deserves it..

ioan
26th October 2007, 12:38
There are 6 members of this forum who believe that Lewis deserves it more than Kimi! :rolleyes:

Juppe
26th October 2007, 12:48
There are 6 members of this forum who believe that Lewis deserves it more than Kimi! :rolleyes:

Hey yeah!!!! Let's hunt them down and slaughter them like pigs, cause they deserve no better!!!!

:D :D :D

ioan
26th October 2007, 13:05
Hey yeah!!!! Let's hunt them down and slaughter them like pigs, cause they deserve no better!!!!

:D :D :D

Have no time for them!
But I suppose they are also some of those who said, back in September, that a championship should be decided by the no of points earned at the end of the season.

passmeatissue
26th October 2007, 13:50
I agree that the driver with the most points should win, but all the discusison is about how the points are awarded isn't it, e.g. should Ferrari have the points from Australia...

For Brazil, Ferrari have used their tyres least hard all season, and McLaren around the most hard, so even though McLaren have done well at tight circuits where supersofts were also brought, supersofts were always going to hand *this* race to Ferrari and that's why they amost lapped the entire field. Toyota described them as unraceable to start with.

As to why Bridgestone didn't do it before, I suppose it's a card they can only play once in a while, or maybe with the McLaren sucesses in Monaco and Hungary they thought no-one would notice now (pretty much right too). Or maybe Luca only just did lunch with them, who knows? But all the other teams would have preferred mediums so you have to be a bit suspicious.

Not that I don't like Kimi, like everyone else.

ioan
26th October 2007, 15:03
I agree that the driver with the most points should win, but all the discusison is about how the points are awarded isn't it, e.g. should Ferrari have the points from Australia...

For Brazil, Ferrari have used their tyres least hard all season, and McLaren around the most hard, so even though McLaren have done well at tight circuits where supersofts were also brought, supersofts were always going to hand *this* race to Ferrari and that's why they amost lapped the entire field. Toyota described them as unraceable to start with.

As to why Bridgestone didn't do it before, I suppose it's a card they can only play once in a while, or maybe with the McLaren sucesses in Monaco and Hungary they thought no-one would notice now (pretty much right too). Or maybe Luca only just did lunch with them, who knows? But all the other teams would have preferred mediums so you have to be a bit suspicious.

So now it's Bridgestone's fault?! :rolleyes:

McLaren fans have a very very good imagination.

jens
26th October 2007, 16:10

I'm one of them! :D

I didn't know, to who to give my vote, so I decided to give it to the guy, who has less votes. :D

BDunnell
26th October 2007, 16:59

Wow, some people think differently to others!

Or maybe they all just did what jens did.

Tazio
26th October 2007, 19:19

This is exceptional. Kind of like Intelligent Design!
You start with an absurd premise, and neatly tuck logical data (in hindsight of course)
into an argument that would make Daniel Webster jealous.
I am sincerely impressed. I can see how you came up with your screen name!
I am in such awe of your genius; I think I may soil myself!

passmeatissue
27th October 2007, 16:52
Well I'm glad it made such an impression (though hopefully not **too** much) but what's the absurd premise? That tyres make a difference; that Ferrari and Macca use them differently; that for years Ferrari were with Bridgestone and McLaren with Michelin; or that Bridgestone choose what to bring?

Malbec
27th October 2007, 17:47
They clearly all deserved to win including Alonso.

Kimi and Alonso overcame a relatively weak early season to remain in contention for the title until the very end, and Hamilton had a very strong early season despite being a rookie and held onto his advantage until the last race.

I think the close points tally between the three reflects the fact that all three drivers perfomed outstandingly through the course of the season. It was just luck of the draw as to which one of the three came through in the end.

Tazio
27th October 2007, 18:34
Well I'm glad it made such an impression (though hopefully not **too** much) but what's the absurd premise? That tyres make a difference; that Ferrari and Macca use them differently; that for years Ferrari were with Bridgestone and McLaren with Michelin; or that Bridgestone choose what to bring?
Bridge' providing 'stones that they knowingly selected to insure a Ferrari victory!!
That is your premise.
It's a piece of $#!+ with paint on it!

passmeatissue
27th October 2007, 19:33
Talking of Intelligent Design, Tazio, sounds like you have faith in Bridgestone, then? Faith being a belief held independently of evidence...

Remember when they used to supply several teams but develop only to suit Ferrari? Bernie had to *force* a couple of teams to switch to them from Michelin, because none of them wanted to and Bridgstone were short of test mileage.

In the situation coming into Brazil, why wouldn't they give Ferrari a tyre to help them? A tyre that surprised everybody else. Think they're too nice? In F1?

Tazio
27th October 2007, 20:19
Talking of Intelligent Design, Tazio, sounds like you have faith in Bridgestone, then? Faith being a belief held independently of evidence...

Remember when they used to supply several teams but develop only to suit Ferrari? Bernie had to *force* a couple of teams to switch to them from Michelin, because none of them wanted to and Bridgstone were short of test mileage.

In the situation coming into Brazil, why wouldn't they give Ferrari a tyre to help them? A tyre that surprised everybody else. Think they're too nice? In F1?
Your words!
Not mine!!

jas123f1
28th October 2007, 01:27

I have only one ting to say - Oh mama mia.. what B*** S***.
So you are accusing Bridestone of the misstakes Hamilton did in China and in Brazil? and therefore it's rigth to fix the title to Hamilton..

passmeatissue
28th October 2007, 10:24
I have only one ting to say - Oh mama mia.. what B*** S***.
So you are accusing Bridestone of the misstakes Hamilton did in China and in Brazil? and therefore it's rigth to fix the title to Hamilton..

I'm not saying that, no. I'm saying that Bridgestone brought tyres that suited Ferrari and not McLaren or the other teams in general. I'm pointing out that there is no proper control over what tyres Bridgestone bring, and that they have a long history of mutual loyalty with Ferrari.

Also I'm pointing out that if Hamilton had had Medium tyres available on his third stint he would have run two stops and finished 5th or better, and been champion.

All the teams and all the drivers made various mistakes through the year, naturally, but this is a factor that I think should not have been there.

28th October 2007, 10:38
I'm pointing out that there is no proper control over what tyres Bridgestone bring, and that they have a long history of mutual loyalty with Ferrari.

So why did they not bring tyres to Monza that would best suit Ferrari?

Ferrari would have really liked to have won at Monza, do you not think?

On at least 6 occasions (GP's without rainfall) this year, Mclaren cars beat the Ferrari's using Bridgestone tyres.

By your rational, since the compounds make such a huge difference, and since you say that Bridgestone are loyal to Ferrari, then why were Mclaren in victory lane on those occasions?

According to your theory, it can only be the tyres that make the difference....so why would Bridgestone turn up with tyres that did not give Ferrari an advantage?

If you are going to get anywhere with your conspiracy theory, then you need to come up with logical, plausible and undeniable explanations for that.

Malbec
28th October 2007, 11:17
The tyres didn't make the difference, the suspension did.

The McLaren was much suppler over rough surfaces and kerbs, the Ferrari quicker on smoother tracks. If you look at where each team dominated there's a clear correlation with track and kerb roughness.

If Interlagos hadn't been resurfaced McLaren would have walked over Ferrari there.

28th October 2007, 11:26
If Interlagos hadn't been resurfaced McLaren would have walked over Ferrari there.

Careful, we don't need posts that involve some facts and logic getting in the way of a good conspiracy theory!

Unless, that is, Tarmac are in league with Ferrari as well?

passmeatissue
28th October 2007, 12:32
This was the one race where there was general surprise at what Bridgestone brought. Obviously I'm not saying the tyres are going to explain the entire championship, don't fabricate some extreme position for me and argue against that. Talk about the facts and logic of what Bridgestone brought to Brazil, which did clearly decide the outcome.

BDunnell
28th October 2007, 12:50
Careful, we don't need posts that involve some facts and logic getting in the way of a good conspiracy theory!

Unless, that is, Tarmac are in league with Ferrari as well?

:laugh:

Don't say that — some people will believe it!

ioan
28th October 2007, 21:08
This was the one race where there was general surprise at what Bridgestone brought.

Really?
What exactly do you mean by "general surprise"? The fans were surprised? The journos were surprised? Teams weren't generally surprised.

I'll also point out that the tire specifications are made public about 2 months before the race. So it couldn't be any surprise to anyone anymore.

passmeatissue
28th October 2007, 21:32
Felipe in the post race press conference :"Q: In fact there were some question marks before the race about the track surface, about the super soft tyres; in the closing stages, what were the conditions like?
FM: I think the track improved a lot from yesterday to today, so the track made a big improvement. In the end the super soft worked very well at the end of the race. Everybody expected to be in trouble with the super soft but in the end it was working very well. I also need to say that Bridgestone did a good job because everybody was saying that it was too risky to bring the super soft, but in the end it worked, so it was also good for them. "

Nice of Felipe to give Bridgestone a good mention! But he's a sweet-natured guy who appreciates a favour :D

see also...

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/155997-0/vasselon_tyre_choices_for_brazil_could_be_wrong.ht ml

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41133

Juppe
28th October 2007, 21:50
Felipe in the post race press conference :"Q: In fact there were some question marks before the race about the track surface, about the super soft tyres; in the closing stages, what were the conditions like?
FM: I think the track improved a lot from yesterday to today, so the track made a big improvement. In the end the super soft worked very well at the end of the race. Everybody expected to be in trouble with the super soft but in the end it was working very well. I also need to say that Bridgestone did a good job because everybody was saying that it was too risky to bring the super soft, but in the end it worked, so it was also good for them. "

Nice of Felipe to give Bridgestone a good mention! But he's a sweet-natured guy who appreciates a favour :D

see also...

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/155997-0/vasselon_tyre_choices_for_brazil_could_be_wrong.ht ml

There is one problem with your claim though. In every race until Brasilia where Bridgesstone brought super soft tires, it always favoured McLaren.

Ferrari couldn't get them working properly in qualifying, but McLaren could. Had there been only harder tires, then McLaren may not have been able to challenge Ferrari in quali like they did.

So it is not all black and white with the tire thing.

passmeatissue
28th October 2007, 22:40
I think the answer is that for Monaco, Hungary and Canada, the supersoft is the correct tyre.

In qualifying, Ferrari needed the supersofts even more - on softs McLaren could easily have had an even bigger advantage, Fernando didn't get the best out of his supersofts because he couldn't do a really slow out lap.

Malbec
28th October 2007, 23:02

see also...

Yes, nice of Felipe to mention Bridgestone, which other tyre company were you expecting him to congratulate?

I really think you're misunderstanding this issue. Bridgestone brought supersofts to Monaco (as expected) and controversially to Montreal and Brazil. In both cases they did so as they expected wear to be very low once the tracks had been rubbered in.

Yes there was a lot of concern before both races that the supersoft tyres weren't going to last, especially when they were run on a virgin unrubbered track, but in both Montreal and Brazil it turned out that Bridgestone were right, the supersofts were just fine in the race.

The tyre choice didn't favour Ferrari, it just happens that wear rates are lower at smoother tracks so supersofts were appropriate for the kind of tracks where the Ferrari was always expected to be strong because all season they had been quicker on smoother tracks.

One consistent theme during the entire season was that the McLaren was always quicker on tracks which were rough or had high kerbs because of its suppler suspension and slower on smoother ones.

leopard
6th November 2007, 04:49
The last two paragraph drawn some attention. As if it wanted to tell that there must be some smooth tracks which favored Ferrari and the rest are rougher tracks suitable for McLaren, each of which they gain respective benefit being faster than another :)