PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of Kazuki Nakajima's Preformance?

FIA
22nd October 2007, 16:33
What did you think of Kazuki Nakajima's Preformance?

We can all coment about him running over his mechanic, which was a bad rookie mistake. So lets not focus on that, so did you think he did well?

I didn't think his qualifying was standard, but his race was good, but I'm not sure hoe many drivers he overtook.

ioan
22nd October 2007, 16:37
Yep, 19th to 10th in his first F1 race! :up:

Sleeper
22nd October 2007, 18:01
Substandard qualy, but a very promising race to finish tenth, he deserves the chance to show us what else he can do.

Yes, he did make a bad mistake in the pits, but then I recall MS running over Nigel Stepneys foot in 2000(?), so even champions can do it.

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 18:13
I wasn't paying attention!

DazzlaF1
22nd October 2007, 18:36
Very promising, kept it on the black stuff and scored a top 10 finish, good debut.

He just needs to practise his pitstops though, that collision with his mechanic looked pretty nasty indeed

jens
22nd October 2007, 20:15
I was really impressed. :up: Fifth fastest lap time is also a very strong sign of his potential. Okay, he made a mistake in the pits, but this was his first ever pitstop in his Grand Prix career. But in other situations he acted quite maturely and didn't push anyone off.

Interesting. So far every Japanese, who has joined F1, has been hailed as the best ever Japanese driver. :p : Will Kazuki get the same honour?

osg
22nd October 2007, 20:49
I was really impressed. :up: Fifth fastest lap time is also a very strong sign of his potential. Okay, he made a mistake in the pits, but this was his first ever pitstop in his Grand Prix career. But in other situations he acted quite maturely and didn't push anyone off.

Interesting. So far every Japanese, who has joined F1, has been hailed as the best ever Japanese driver. :p : Will Kazuki get the same honour?

+1 and +1 jens.....

wmcot
22nd October 2007, 21:25
Not bad! He should definitely get a drive. If we're comparing Japanese drivers, then he was at least 100,000 times better than Ide! :)

Valve Bounce
22nd October 2007, 22:23
Saved me from jumping into Albert Park Lake fully clothed when he missed out on Q3 :p :

Nikki Katz
22nd October 2007, 23:06
I think it's too soon. He needs another year in GP2. He made a lot of mistakes there last year, and another big one in the race yesterday. I think he needs to grow out of that before he gives F1 a serious shot, but I'm a little worried from the Williams press release that he might get the seat full time next year.

TornadoRed
22nd October 2007, 23:28
Some drivers bring tens of millions of sponsor dollars with them. Kazuki may be one of them -- meaning even if he's just minimally qualified then he may still get a ride.

Stuartf12007
22nd October 2007, 23:33
Get Hulkenberg in the Williams next year.

Simmo666
23rd October 2007, 00:55

I'm not sure it was thought of Ide or Yamamoto, though if it was, man that was an awful mistake to think so!

Aside from the running over the mechanics, very impressive race indeed!

Hawkmoon
23rd October 2007, 01:03
I think Williams could do worse than Rosberg and Nakajima for 2008.

I didn't really notice him in the race when wasn't sending mechanics flying but 5th fastest race lap and, according to Sam Michael and Patrick Head, a string of fast, consistent lap times in the middle of the race have left me impressed.

It would seem that he's got more talent than the usual engine supplier-backed driver that I thought he was going to be.

wedge
23rd October 2007, 01:07
James Allen rated him (midfield racer, IIRC) a few months ago and I've just heard Peter Windsor now regards Nakajima as an interesting prospect because his race fastest lap was quicker than Rosberg!

I hope he and Sato do well. I have a particular soft spot for Japan, it has great motor-racing history and strangely they never produced a worthy F1 driver until Sato came along.

osg
23rd October 2007, 07:19
Get Hulkenberg in the Williams next year.

and he'll promptly get destroyed by the 'real' Nico :D

Placid
27th October 2007, 02:41
Keep the Williams "Young Guns". Kaz has earn his ride.