PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise or sunset?

Erki
22nd October 2007, 15:30
Let's say you live in a very picturesque place and out of your window, you can see either a beautiful sunrise or a beautiful sunset. Which one would you choose? :)

This question is so hard it makes my head ache. :(

Daniel
22nd October 2007, 15:54
We get both :) Nice sunrises over the hill and great sunsets out to sea ish. Had a really nice sunrise this morning :)

For the record I'd take sunrise :)

Erki
22nd October 2007, 16:06
Yeah, I'd probably take sunrise too. That's what I get actually. :p

Another question is.. which is better, sunrise over the hill or over the sea? Same with sunset. Sun set into a sea sounds quite... nice, but also slightly cliché-y.

slinkster
22nd October 2007, 16:12
Definitely sunset for me... :)

Erki
22nd October 2007, 16:15
Definitely sunset for me... :)

Cannot drag yourself out of the bed before sunrise, eh? :)

slinkster
22nd October 2007, 16:18
Cannot drag yourself out of the bed before sunrise, eh? :)

... well depends what for.

But generally. No. Sunset's much sexier.

Storm
22nd October 2007, 16:31
I get to see sunrises out my window (if I get up early enough) and a great sunset from my sister's apartment.

I prefer sunsets though, having seen so many of them over the sea, and the colours of the sky at sunset are simply amazing!
(cliche for you maybe? but you probably haven't seen any over the Arabian Sea like I have ;) )

GridGirl
22nd October 2007, 20:48
The sun rise over Silverstone on a Grand Prix morning. :D

I really can't remember the last time I saw a sun set. :s

Erki
22nd October 2007, 20:56
The sun can rise over Silverstone only as long as Bernie allows it to. :)

I really can't remember the last time I saw a sun set. :s

Ah, I see. You're one of those people who get a different sun every day? :p

SEATFreak
22nd October 2007, 21:10

I can tell your a petrolhead! :D :p :

Mind you I have no right to talk what with my ocassional romantic ideas!!

Having been there more than once or twice, I guess I love to imagine a scene where the famous Croft tower and garage building is being bathed in the glow of a setting red sun on a warm summers evening after a race day when the fans and teams have gone their sepearate ways. Feels like a really tranquil setting after the excitement of raceday....when SEAT again have had a very succesful day taking points of VXR! :)

Sunset or sunrise? Sunset for sure!

tinchote
22nd October 2007, 21:28
Sunrise for me :)

Camelopard
22nd October 2007, 22:40
Sunrises for me as I only see them when I'm on nightshift and the sun coming up means it's nearly time to go home!

Erki
22nd October 2007, 23:27
Sunrises for me as I only see them when I'm on nightshift and the sun coming up means it's nearly time to go home!

About 2 months ago I also had a job.. for 2 nights. :p 12 hours shift of quite physical labour at night. Had the salary been higher, I'd have stayed there for a little longer but nah, I'm too lazy for that. :) But the sunrises were nice. :)

Some 3 months I also didn't sleep the whole night and went out for a walk at 5am... it was quite chilly... and I hadn't eaten much the day before... and I was feeling a little light headed... trippy. :D

edv
23rd October 2007, 05:23
Sunset. On the beach.
because it is easier to justify having a margarita in your hand at the time...

pino
23rd October 2007, 07:05
Sunrise for me too...unless Monica Bellucci invites me for dinner :p :

leopard
23rd October 2007, 07:53
I have no doubt that your taste still works well :)

pino
23rd October 2007, 07:55
I have no doubt that your taste works well

gadjo_dilo
23rd October 2007, 09:25
In fact the most beautiful experience I've ever had was a moon rise from the sea. I was in a pub on the beach and incidentally they played Pink Floyd's album Dark Side of the Moon.

Erki
23rd October 2007, 13:26
A full moon shine over the sea at night would be magical. :) At least I imagine it would as I've never had the chance to see it with my eyes. :\

schmenke
23rd October 2007, 15:49
Sunrise for me :)

Nothing prettier than a sunrise over the praries... :) :p :

J4MIE
23rd October 2007, 16:45
Not being an early riser, I much prefer sunset. Although sunrise will be a lot later than usual for a while shortly...

airshifter
24th October 2007, 00:14
I can enjoy both, and have from quite a few places in my years.

But having moved from the west coast of the US to the east, I must say I miss watching the sunset over the Pacific ocean. Sunrise over the Altantic is nice, but just not as good.

There is something very tranquil to me about watching either happen from a coastal area, in either good or bad weather. It's quite an awesome display of nature. :)

stevie_gerrard
24th October 2007, 03:13
Sunset is a much nicer thing to end a wonderful day no matter how you spend it. Personally i'd rather take my girlfriend to watch the sunset on a beach or park somewhere, than drag her out of bed for it in a morning :p :

David St. Hubbins
24th October 2007, 19:11
Sunset. I'm in the US Midwest, where Not Much Happens™, but I've been to the West Coast and seen some fantastic sunsets there.

But there's something to be said for a sunrise in the Blue Ridge Mountains (where I grew up). Seeing the sun filter through the trees, and the dew on the leaves and grass...very calming.

Drew
24th October 2007, 22:53
Sunset. It marks the end of a busy day and who knows what it could lead to :)

Bebee
25th October 2007, 04:43
Sunset for sure! I'm not an early morning person, so people who wake me up early in the morning (except for a very, very, very, very good reason) usually get killed by midday.

leopard
25th October 2007, 10:26
The greatest time I like much is Saturday morning, reading newspaper accompanied by a cup of coffee :s mokin:

SEATFreak
25th October 2007, 10:58
You haven't lived till you have seen a really nice red sunset.

Anyone who rekons a sunrise is the nicest is either insane, Mat Neal or both! :)

leopard
26th October 2007, 02:57
Luckily I don't dislike any particular time of this life, except being trapped in a traffic jam :)

jso1985
26th October 2007, 03:56
I see sunsets(quite good ones with the Andes mountains as part of the picture) almost every day, while sunrises are a rare thing for me, due being too lazy. So as I don't see them so often, I choose sunrises :)

leopard
26th October 2007, 08:14
would this be good for future generation if the youth are portrayed lazy :s nore: :)