PDA

View Full Version : Interlagos deal to be extended to 2014

ShiftingGears
22nd October 2007, 13:20
Interlagos deal to be extended to 2014

By Jonathan Noble Monday, October 22nd 2007, 11:30 GMT

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has agreed a new deal with Brazilian officials for their Grand Prix to remain at Interlagos until 2014.

With the promise of improved paddock facilities, and a new 10,000-seat grandstand, Sao Paulo mayor Gilberto Kassab, Brazilian sports minister Orlando Silva and Ecclestone agreed that the race would continue for the next seven years shortly before Sunday's 2007 season finale.

Ecclestone said: "We have always had an excellent relationship with Brazil and we have had two great Brazilian drivers - Jose Carlos Pace and Nelson Piquet. I am happy to have reached this agreement with the city hall."

The new contract for the deal is expected to be officially signed within the next few weeks.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63588

Good news...Interlagos is definitely one of the best circuits on the calendar.

Mark
22nd October 2007, 13:23
He didn't think much of Senna then? :crazy:

ShiftingGears
22nd October 2007, 13:27
I noticed that...I think he just felt like praising the drivers that drove for his team :p :

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 13:28
Interlagos deal to be extended to 2014
By Jonathan Noble Monday, October 22nd 2007, 11:30 GMT

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has agreed a new deal with Brazilian officials for their Grand Prix to remain at Interlagos until 2014.

With the promise of improved paddock facilities, and a new 10,000-seat grandstand, Sao Paulo mayor Gilberto Kassab, Brazilian sports minister Orlando Silva and Ecclestone agreed that the race would continue for the next seven years shortly before Sunday's 2007 season finale.

Ecclestone said: "We have always had an excellent relationship with Brazil and we have had two great Brazilian drivers - Jose Carlos Pace and Nelson Piquet. I am happy to have reached this agreement with the city hall."

The new contract for the deal is expected to be officially signed within the next few weeks.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63588

Good news...Interlagos is definitely one of the best circuits on the calendar.Only to serve as a reminder to Hamilton of what could have been

Ranger
22nd October 2007, 13:28
But still, good choice. :up:

VkmSpouge
22nd October 2007, 14:04
Good to see Interlagos remains on the calendar, no doubt the teams and the whole F1 circus will continue to dislike going there but I love watching the race :D

555-04Q2
22nd October 2007, 14:09
Great track :up: Great races at this track :up: Great decision :up:

Mikeall
22nd October 2007, 16:31
The two great drivers seems like a a misquote or a partial quote. What about Senna, Fittipaldi, Barrichello and Massa...

ioan
22nd October 2007, 16:43
The two great drivers seems like a a misquote or a partial quote. What about Senna, Fittipaldi, Barrichello and Massa...

Who? :D

Storm
22nd October 2007, 19:15
Good Job....Interlagos is a classic track and year on year it has given us good racing and exciting moments.