PDA

View Full Version : Do Alonso get paid from Ferrari/others to thrash mclaren?

rohanweb
22nd October 2007, 11:19
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63581

Look at the news that Alonso opening his dirty mouth piece once again to thrash Mclaren.. the very same team he works for.. and getting paid from.

if I bring a company i work for in to disrepute and laughing stock , I would have fired right now and taken to court for damages!

why the hell Ron is keeping up with Alonso.
he should sack him right now and probably take him to court for taking mclaren team in to further disrepute..

Alonso has proved he is not a worthy champion but an overall idiot.. no matter what your problems with a team mate but thrashing his own team like this is extremely bad & once again he proved that he is a very small minded man with cunning attitude..he is not real talent, Lewis/Kimi IS .Alonso will not win any championships anymore & expect absolute fireworks from Lewis next year

Rudy Tamasz
22nd October 2007, 11:24
What a well-thought, coherent and tactful post! I really envy your writing talent, my friend!

janneppi
22nd October 2007, 11:27
I wonder how big a joke would McLarens appeal be to him if he was the runner up for WDC? :p :

F1boat
22nd October 2007, 11:28
Alonso said the truth. McLaren should be excluded from championships 2007-2009 for bringing the sport into disrepute. Ron should be banned from F1 for life.

Turkeyneck
22nd October 2007, 11:32
Just the start of the off season mud slinging I expect. No doubt there will be an awfull lot more.........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rohanweb
22nd October 2007, 11:34
Alonso said the truth. McLaren should be excluded from championships 2007-2009 for bringing the sport into disrepute. Ron should be banned from F1 for life.

well..if that was the proven case then why mr.Alonso to say that?
he is part of mclaren, else he should have left the team in the middle of the season and say what he wants from outside?

and you reckon he is a champion and has moral values?

Lewis hamilton represented mclaren very well over the season where alonso was thrashing mclaren all the way.. its all purely to do with he couldnt keep up with him on the racetrack.as he feared that his champion 'show' wont long last upon Lewis arrival.. very simple theory.

F1boat
22nd October 2007, 11:35
Mclaren said that they were fighting Alonso. Why should he defend them? McLaren are an insult to F1.

TL
22nd October 2007, 11:37

ya and in the end have like 10 cars on the starting grid ?...6 of them with a ferrari engine in the back ? is that want you want the F1 to look like in the futur ?

Only the current FIA Top should be banned from F1 and replaced by new faces....

rohanweb
22nd October 2007, 11:40
I wonder how big a joke would McLarens appeal be to him if he was the runner up for WDC? :p :

Lewis had more than fair share of badluck but still alonso couldnt do a better job than him..

he is the twice world champion, and its pretty normal for a team to be on the guard to support a rookie.. ( this is very simple work ethics happens in day to day life) ... and alonso was too arrogant enough to question that.

I am amazed at Lewis still keeping a smiley face to everyone, and look at alonso looser..he is still keep thrashing mclaren while being employed to do the job for mclaren itself.. where is his work ethics? has he been going through his job terms & conditions?

well.. next year he will be much much slower than lewis and i bet he will finish races behind lewis ..thats verymuch behind.!

F1boat
22nd October 2007, 11:43
ya and in the end have like 10 cars on the starting grid ?...6 of them with a ferrari engine in the back ? is that want you want the F1 to look like in the futur ?

Well, it doesn't matter really, McLaren stole Ferrari info, so what's the difference?

Donney
22nd October 2007, 11:45
You might not like Alonso, fine, but this post is utter bs, there are no hints of someone paying him to thrash Mclaren, it also seems you are not a big fan of Ferrari either after the title of your thread.

I am not sure he should have said many of the things he has, but I am afraid the whole team has made a mess of itself without Alonso's help.

And in all of that there's a truth which speaks by itself: "It doesn't seem like the season has been managed very well,"

And by the way I am sure Ronn knows how to defend himself, and if he does not find a reason to take Alonso into court it means there might not exist.

555-04Q2
22nd October 2007, 11:45

Look at the news that Alonso opening his dirty mouth piece once again to thrash Mclaren.. the very same team he works for.. and getting paid from.

if I bring a company i work for in to disrepute and laughing stock , I would have fired right now and taken to court for damages!

he should sack him right now and probably take him to court for taking mclaren team in to further disrepute..

Alonso has proved he is not a worthy champion but an overall idiot.. no matter what your problems with a team mate but thrashing his own team like this is extremely bad & once again he proved that he is a very small minded man with cunning attitude..he is not real talent, Lewis/Kimi IS .Alonso will not win any championships anymore & expect absolute fireworks from Lewis next year

Alonso is right in this case. Mclaren lost the plot, and two championships with it. Poor show. My prediction that Mclaren would not win another championship from 2000 onwards remains intact.

TL
22nd October 2007, 11:48
Mclaren said that they were fighting Alonso. Why should he defend them? McLaren are an insult to F1.

What's wrong for a team to say they prefer one driver in the team more than the other ?? Especialy when one of them has been criticising his own team over and over....Give me 1 other job where you are allowed to say about your boss what Alonso did ? But still....Mclaren gave both drivers equal changes....

Ferrari have a favorit driver each season....in which the other one has to obey to team tactics..do you like that better ?..is that what's real racing is all about ? Than I prefer 2 drivers of the same team batteling it out till the very last race if you ask me...

F1boat
22nd October 2007, 11:48
TL, check your facts. This season Massa was equal to Kimi.

TL
22nd October 2007, 11:50
Well, it doesn't matter really, McLaren stole Ferrari info, so what's the difference?

for as far as I know It was given to them by a Ferrari employee no ?

mikiec
22nd October 2007, 12:00

When did Ron say that? Can I have a link please?

I don't necessarily think that Alonso was paid by anyone to throw it away but he didn't half look smug on the podium, considering he'd just lost his chance to win the championship and that he was in a better position than Raikkonen to profit from Hamilton's misfortune, going into the race.

Also, I think you'll find (from his internal emails) that Alonso knew full well that he was using gained Ferrari technical information and therefore was as guilty as anyone at McLaren, yet he got away scot-free.

Alonso's just been a big cry-baby all season cos he hasn't had it all his own way. Hamilton has shown much more maturity and dignity in defeat throughout the season than Alonso, IMO.

paulcrazy
22nd October 2007, 12:11
When did Ron say that? Can I have a link please?

When? You didn't watch the Shanghai race? It was when RD was asked why LH didn't change tires soon enough and Ron said something like they were waiting one more lap for the rain to come because LH was racing FA, not Kimi.

mikiec
22nd October 2007, 12:17
EXACTLY! He wasn't saying that McLaren were racing Alonso, but that LH was! In an equal team with both drivers going for the WDC, and no driver favouritism, that's what should happen... both drivers trying to outwit and outrace each other.

Alsonso has spun it around in the Spanish media to sound like McLaren (the team) were racing against him.

markabilly
22nd October 2007, 12:24
Alonso's just been a big cry-baby all season cos he hasn't had it all his own way. Hamilton has shown much more maturity and dignity in defeat throughout the season than Alonso, IMO.

Sure Hamilton has, like at Monaco, and then when he found out that he would have to share privileges on Qualifying pit stops with FA...threw a big fit...ignored RD's instructions, had poppa go tell the FIA....stuff...and then FA gets hit with the 5 place grid penalty--THAT RIGHT THERE COST FA AND MAC THE WDC--then the next morning Aloson blows big time threatens RD to be rid of the child, RD makes his phone call to Max and suddenly it is $100 million dollar fine and no WCC all because the good little child did not want to share...

If Rd had said right before the threat, you are right, LH shut THE FUP...FA is now number one...Mac might still have both a WCC and a WDC

oh and then we have the last race where LH tried to go head to head with Massa and FA, and totally lost it...gearbox problem is just RD trying to hide the truth about LH sticking it in the wrong gear......Hahahaha :rolleyes:

markabilly
22nd October 2007, 12:29
EXACTLY! He wasn't saying that McLaren were racing Alonso, but that LH was! In an equal team with both drivers going for the WDC, and no driver favouritism, that's what should happen... both drivers trying to outwit and outrace each other.

Alsonso has spun it around in the Spanish media to sound like McLaren (the team) were racing against him.
Go back and read the posts in this forum, plenty of links, or read your own newspapers..even James Allen (noted Hamilton lover/journalist noted it and RD tried to explain it at Brazil).......geeassaa

Daniel
22nd October 2007, 12:30

What a load of codswallop. Alonso has an opinion and it's one that many share. McLaren rightly or wrongly put all their eggs in one basket and failed. He is also correct that it would hurt the championship for Hamilton to take the championship in the court room. Kimi winning the title is the best thing for the championship and in some ways for McLaren and Hamilton as there is no tainted championship.......

kusha
22nd October 2007, 12:37
When a team like McLaren, suposed to be one of the greatest in F1 history say that they prefer one racer than other, shows they are not having equality. When, like in China, Ron Dennis said they were fighting against Alonso and that he did prefer Kimi to win than Alonso...¿How the hell is defending Alonso in McLaren?. ¿How the hell is McLaren defending their interests?. Ron Dennis has made an horrible season. ¿How can Alonso run with people in his Team prefering an other Team racer to win?.

McLaren is British, Ron Dennis is British, Ecclestone is British... In some FIA discussions like the Safety Car problem, one of the referees was British and decided not to penalize LH. In that situation, that referee might not have been there. But this is FIAsco maFIA. No British has win F1 in 11 seasons, that's a fact. They want and need a title, but ¿With extra help?. This is not serious. If FA has talked, is just because he is and feels alone and really damaged with some FIA and McLaren decissions. If you work in a factory and you receive the same treat as FA has received in McLaren, YOU ALL very long time ago would have changed your jobs. But FA is a professional. He has continued racing, fighting against FIA, McLaren, Ron Dennis, Hamilton..., and even has kept 3º only 1pt behind Kimi. ¡That shows FA is the greatest racer in the world!. I wonder what would have Hamilton done in a Minardi, Super Aguri or Spyker this season, or what would have happened if FIA would have done his job seriously.

TL
22nd October 2007, 12:47
[quote="Daniel"]He is also correct that it would hurt the championship for Hamilton to take the championship in the court room. QUOTE]

that's exactly how Ferrari won it this season no ? in the court room ?

TL
22nd October 2007, 12:50
That shows FA is the greatest racer in the world.

well to me it shows both drivers got the same changes within the team....in contrary to ferrari again..where one driver has way less points than the other..does than mean Massa is way slower than Kimi ? Don't think so...

Alonso and it's fans should learn to accept there's drivers out there that are equal and maybe faster than him...

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 12:56

Pino threatened to severely penalize me because I said this about one of your typical posts......................."rohanweb you post a lot of rubbish"
This is in no way meant to be inflammatory or even a negative comment about Hamilton. He accomplished more in his rookie season than anyone of the modern Era. However as the score stands right now its ALONZO TWO, KIMI ONE, every body else in the field including Hamilton ZERO!!!

F1MAN2007
22nd October 2007, 13:08

I think RD and Maclaren were stupid in racing Alonso and from that point they lost even the only title which was obviously in their hand and Ferrari became a winner in all front!! They are now a laughing stock.

I think the first person to be sacked is RD. He managed the team badly sticking on poor policy of equality. Here is the result of equality and it was my expectation. Time to change the inadequate and unbalanced policy. Shame to him

markabilly
22nd October 2007, 13:08
Pino threatened to severely penalize me because I said this about one of your typical posts......................."rohanweb you post a lot of rubbish"
This is in no way meant to be inflammatory or even a negative comment about Hamilton. He accomplished more in his rookie season than anyone of the modern Era. However as the score stands right now its ALONZO TWO, KIMI ONE, every body else in the field including Hamilton ZERO!!!

I am jealous!!!You said the same thing to me, I am sure...and I guess the mods thought that it was unworthy of a penalty....well I am am calling my lawyers, all 44 of them, and I am lodging a protest over the failure to provide full forum equality in violation of FIA regulation whatever....Max will be appalled when he finds out

oh, Yeah
FA 2
Kimi 1

all the rest.... :D

mikiec
22nd October 2007, 13:09
That shows FA is the greatest racer in the world!. I wonder what would have Hamilton done in a Minardi, Super Aguri or Spyker this season

errrmmm... and exactly what would FA have done in a Minardi, Super Aguri or Spyker?

SWEET FA! That's what!

Daniel
22nd October 2007, 13:12
He is also correct that it would hurt the championship for Hamilton to take the championship in the court room. QUOTE]

that's exactly how Ferrari won it this season no ? in the court room ?
But McLaren quite obviously went out with the intention of breaking the rules.

kusha
22nd October 2007, 13:14
TL I'm not sure FA has been fighting for championship in equal conditions than LH. Take a look just yesterday. ¿More than a second of difference per lap in a suposed same car?. All season, FA has been really faster than Kubika and Rosberg, but yesterday, there were moments that Kubika and Rosberg were faster than FA. ¿Did Ron Dennis give the order to prepare FA's car slower for that race?.

F1MAN2007
22nd October 2007, 13:16
well.. next year he will be much much slower than lewis and i bet he will finish races behind lewis ..thats verymuch behind.!

Of course Lewis can do it because he will be driving a MacFerrari car which will give him a competitive advantage over the other monkeys!! :D

Hope the FIA will remove all the Ferrari parts and knoweldge in MacFerrai 2008 in the next inspection.

paulcrazy
22nd October 2007, 13:18

Well my fault, I need to make a correction, on paper RD use the word "we" I think, so,"we" probably refer to both RD and LH at least.

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 13:23
I am jealous!!!You said the same thing to me, I am sure...and I guess the mods thought that it was unworthy of a penalty....well I am am calling my lawyers, all 44 of them, and I am lodging a protest over the failure to provide full forum equality in violation of FIA regulation whatever....Max will be appalled when he finds out

oh, Yeah
FA 2
Kimi 1

all the rest.... :D Thats funny because I used it at that time, partly because I saw The exact same phrase posted by Ian McCraken about you!

TL
22nd October 2007, 13:27
[quote="kusha"]All season, FA has been really faster than Kubika and Rosberg, but yesterday, there were moments that Kubika and Rosberg were faster than FA. ^[quote]

they where faster than usual anyway....Even for LH....so mayyyyyyyybe..the fuel really gave them advantage ? Ever thought about that ?

F1MAN2007
22nd October 2007, 13:30
What's wrong for a team to say they prefer one driver in the team more than the other ??

So you agree that the so-called "Equality" is a pure lie! :D

Especialy when one of them has been criticising his own team over and over....Give me 1 other job where you are allowed to say about your boss what Alonso did ? But still....Mclaren gave both drivers equal changes...

For sure if I would have told to my boss to " F***** swivel,..." or told him "..never F**** do that to me...", now I would be in trouble, not only losing my job, but also facing the court.

Ferrari have a favorit driver each season....in which the other one has to obey to team tactics..do you like that better ?..is that what's real racing is all about ? Than I prefer 2 drivers of the same team batteling it out till the very last race if you ask me...

But at least their policy is paying back and we can see the results. Who won the 2 titles of F1 in 2007? Ferrari and Kimmi. This is what will be in history. :D

The Equality policy is just a joke.

TL
22nd October 2007, 13:30
Hope the FIA will remove all the Ferrari parts and knoweldge in MacFerrai 2008 in the next inspection.

ever saw 100% prove they did or will use Ferrari parts anywhere ?

Ari
22nd October 2007, 13:33
Ethics Scale...

Nando >>>>Daylight>>>>MoreDaylight>>>>>Hamilton>>>>InanimateCarbonRod>>>>Uncle Ron

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 13:34
All season, FA has been really faster than Kubika and Rosberg, but yesterday, there were moments that Kubika and Rosberg were faster than FA. ^

they where faster than usual anyway....Even for LH....so mayyyyyyyybe..the fuel really gave them advantage ? Ever thought about that ?Cut your losses,and stop the bleeding Although you raise a viable question

Mark
22nd October 2007, 13:37
I don't think Alonso is too concerned with regard to his future contract with McLaren!

TL
22nd October 2007, 13:37
So you agree that the so-called "Equality" is a pure lie! :D

It's not bcause you say you prefer this driver above the other as a person..it means they don't get the same material to race with..Big difference there !

For sure if I would have told to my boss to " F***** swivel,..." or told him "..never F**** do that to me...", now I would be in trouble, not only losing my job, but also facing the court.

nah knowing my boss he would give me a second change (we all can have a bad day right ) but he would make me clear to not have it happen over and over and over again..............

markabilly
22nd October 2007, 13:42
Thats funny because I used it at that time, partly because I saw The exact same phrase posted by Ian McCraken about you!
So that was the dirty rat!!! :D
wait till my lawyers start with a search warrant on his house and computers......

F1MAN2007
22nd October 2007, 13:44

I think you are a little bit biased as well. Here is what RD said himself :

Dennis said after the race in Shanghai, when asked why they had not brought Hamilton in earlier for a tyre change, that "we were not racing Kimi, we were basically racing Fernando".

source :http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63505

And McLaren co-owner Ron Dennis defended their decision to delay Hamilton's stop by saying: "We weren't racing Kimi, we were basically racing Alonso."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7032284.stm

F1MAN2007
22nd October 2007, 13:56
It's not bcause you say you prefer this driver about the other as a person..it means they don't get the same material to race with..Big difference there !

How could you hate your bloody son? Even feeling that you are backed by your boss (also seen like your second daddy) is enough to have an indirect competitive advantage . :D

nah knowing my boss he would give me a second change (we all can have a bad day right ) but he would make me clear to not have it happen over and over and over again..............

If my boss says things against me in public while working in the same company, why do I have to defend him?

F1MAN2007
22nd October 2007, 14:15
ever saw 100% prove they did or will use Ferrari parts anywhere ?

They didn't appeal and they are ready to pay the record penality. It means there is something wrong somewehere!

TL
22nd October 2007, 14:16
How could you hate your bloody son? Even feeling that you are backed by your boss (also seen like your second daddy) is enough to have an indirect competitive advantage . :D

it still is the son who has to drive the car on track..No daddy there to help him !

If my boss says things against me in public while working in the same company, why do I have to defend him?

I wouldn't defend him either....I would just leave his company....simple as that ! But not start whining for weeks and weeks how bad he and his company treats me.....

TL
22nd October 2007, 14:22
They didn't appeal and they are ready to pay the record penality. It means there is something wrong somewehere!

nono..my question was..did they anywhere found 100% prove ? Isn't that what the court should decide on ? not just speculations....and don't come up with the FA mails..that's not evidence.....Mails can be manipulated in so many ways anway !

To me evidence would be if they found exact the same parts/data on the MCL cars as the ones Ferrari is using...

F1MAN2007
22nd October 2007, 14:24
Well my fault, I need to make a correction, on paper RD use the word "we" I think, so,"we" probably refer to both RD and LH at least.

Yes you are not sure. But when Ron Denis or Whitmarsh use the word "we" it means the team. They represent the team not Lewis. Unless the team means Lewis for you? :D

Here is what Whitmarsh said also using the same word accepting the mistake done by the team.

"In hindsight we left him out a lap too long. His tyres were very worn. It was our decision," said Whitmarsh.

Whitmarsh, McLaren's chief executive, said: "It's a shame we couldn't get the job done"

Source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7032284.stm

F1MAN2007
22nd October 2007, 14:38
nono..my question was..did they anywhere found 100% prove ? Isn't that what the court should decide on ? not just speculations....and don't come up with the FA mails..that's not evidence.....Mails can be manipulated in so many ways anway !

To me evidence would be if they found exact the same parts/data on the MCL cars as the ones Ferrari is using...

For the high technology, even the idea stolen somewhere is enough to change things dramatically. You get an idea of what your bitter rival is doing, then you adjust your equipments accordingly.

True, it is impossible to prove that Mac used the Ferrari info, but also you can't deny that this didn't happen. So, Mac caught with Ferrari property then it was enough to suspect them with intent to use the document. But still the 2 guys have caused damages to their respective team.

There is primal and second evidence. Hope you agree with this. I am not relating to the emails, but the Ferrari Bible was enought to inspire the Mac.

TL
22nd October 2007, 15:05
For the high technology, even the idea stolen somewhere is enough to change things dramatically. You get an idea of what your bitter rival is doing, then you adjust your equipments accordingly.

True, it is impossible to prove that Mac used the Ferrari info, but also you can't deny that this didn't happen. So, Mac caught with Ferrari property then it was enough to suspect them with intent to use the document. But still the 2 guys have caused damages to their respective team.

There is primal and second evidence. Hope you agree with this. I am not relating to the emails, but the Ferrari Bible was enought to inspire the Mac.

well ya ok...you said it well there..suspect them...But I have my doubts that's enough evidence for a court to condemn someone ?

+ Ferrari property that was given to them by someone inside ferrari btw.....it was not stolen like some say here !

ioan
22nd October 2007, 15:30

If that means cleaning up the sport than they should go for it.

ioan
22nd October 2007, 15:36
What's wrong for a team to say they prefer one driver in the team more than the other ??

It's wrong that they lie to us that they support them equally, but the truth is that they prefer one of them. But that's McLaren and RD!

fandango
22nd October 2007, 15:55

Actually, I think Ron said "we were racing Alonso." It was widely reported as such, even in The Times. Anyway, whether you like Alonso or not, no-one could disagree that it would be bad if Hamilton won it now through the courts. Bad for the sport.

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 16:04
So that was the dirty rat!!! :D
wait till my lawyers start with a search warrant on his house and computers......Make sure you plant some Isotoner's that actualy fit the purpatrator

W8&C
22nd October 2007, 16:24
If FA has talked, is just because he is and feels alone...If 20 Mio bucks per year ain´t enough to show some loyalty to your team and therefore to shut up sometimes, then he could have phoned his Mama when feeling oh soooo alone... What a disgraceful personality! He lost all my respect.

F1MAN2007
22nd October 2007, 16:52
If 20 Mio bucks per year ain´t enough to show some loyalty to your team and therefore to shut up sometimes, then he could have phoned his Mama when feeling oh soooo alone... What a disgraceful personality! He lost all my respect.

He is paid 20 Mio to driver the car and this is what is in his contract. And the team has to show some respect also. :D

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 17:09
If 20 Mio bucks per year ain´t enough to show some loyalty to your team and therefore to shut up sometimes, then he could have phoned his Mama when feeling oh soooo alone... What a disgraceful personality! He lost all my respect.It's his talent, his money, and his personality.
No one is holding a gun to his head.
To say nothing of the fact that you don't know him personally.
As far as he is concerned, your opinion aint worth squat on a squat stick.
I bet he is going to really miss your respect!

rabf1
22nd October 2007, 17:29
If RD hasn't learned to sack his "equal statuts" policy by now, he is really a fool. Fred must have some crazy pictures of RD or something because the idea that RD stands there and takes all this from Fred is unbelievable.

ioan
22nd October 2007, 17:34
If RD hasn't learned to sack his "equal statuts" policy by now, he is really a fool. Fred must have some crazy pictures of RD or something because the idea that RD stands there and takes all this from Fred is unbelievable.

Maybe he had several different email accounts?! :s hock:

mikiec
22nd October 2007, 17:38
I think you are a little bit biased as well. Here is what RD said himself :

Dennis said after the race in Shanghai, when asked why they had not brought Hamilton in earlier for a tyre change, that "we were not racing Kimi, we were basically racing Fernando".

source :http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63505

And McLaren co-owner Ron Dennis defended their decision to delay Hamilton's stop by saying: "We weren't racing Kimi, we were basically racing Alonso."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7032284.stm

OK, thanks. All I was after was a link to the quote so I could make up my mind... the other poster quoted it as 'I' rather than 'we'. I stand corrected.

However, in the context of the quote, 'we' could have meant the whole McLaren team or just the LH support side of McLaren.

TBH, I'll glad when we get to next season. For everyone's sake, I hope that FA will move on to another team (if he doesn't and stays and then whinges all next season about getting unfair treatment and inferior equipment then he only has himself to blame IMO) and we'll get to see who's the best driver on the grid.

And hopefully, we won't have all the political b****cks that we've had to endure this season!

leopard
23rd October 2007, 04:58
I think RD and Maclaren were stupid in racing Alonso and from that point they lost even the only title which was obviously in their hand and Ferrari became a winner in all front!! They are now a laughing stock.

I think the first person to be sacked is RD. He managed the team badly sticking on poor policy of equality. Here is the result of equality and it was my expectation. Time to change the inadequate and unbalanced policy. Shame to him

Until the final round I have been expecting there is McLaren person read the posts and whispering it to RD not to push down Alonso hardly for the benefit of LH by making an excuse about equality status of the two drivers.

McLaren was in the high self confidence that LH's point leading in long period of standing would warrant him win the title, and cast aside Alonso that he has sort of power playing the scene on the race. They thought in case at worse Hamilton failed they still have Alonso, but Alonso was second option.

The title was already in hand, McLaren need only to knock the door open and get in, but the fact said otherwise, this is the bitterest season for McLaren.

wmcot
23rd October 2007, 06:00
+ Ferrari property that was given to them by someone inside ferrari btw.....it was not stolen like some say here !

One more time (hopefully the last time!) It is ILLEGAL to POSSESS STOLEN MATERIAL! Stepney did not have permission or authority to give away technical data. That means he stole it. That means that when it was found in possession of a McLaren employee, it was illegal!

The example used over and over is something like this: If I work for a bank and I "give" you $100,000, do you think the police will visit you? Perhaps they will let you keep the money, after all, it was "given" to you!!

Is that simple enough to understand?

wmcot
23rd October 2007, 06:02
Back on topic, I think all the McLaren fans are in shock because a McLaren driver dares to speak his mind. Too bad Kimi, Coulthard, Montoya, and Hakkinen were not allowed to speak there minds while at McLaren!

Tazio
23rd October 2007, 06:10
The title was already in hand, McLaren need only to knock the door open and get in, but the fact said otherwise, this is the bitterest season for McLaren. Man you said a mouthful, and that's not even the half of it. I’ve always been indifferent to Ron. But he got in over his head when LH snuck up on the field. Ron had to make a choice. One that on the surface doesn't appear to be that difficult. Back the home grown kid who drove a great car practically flawlessly, or go with the disillusioned two time reining world champ that has copped a big time attitude about events(some real, and some imagined) that he never thought he would have to deal with this season. I can't say what FA's mentality or motives were with any kind of certainty. I can say this, McLaren, the team, somehow contrived to lose something a lot of people in the organization worked really hard to have. And, he wouldn't have lost it if he went with FA!

Roamy
23rd October 2007, 06:10
Well had Ron supported the twice WDC that he hired then he would have won all championships. Much like Frank Williams he could have excused Alonso after the season in favor of Lewis. That actually would have saved his ass and really would have been better for all. Instead he is fined 100 mill and has the "Brown" trophy - Well fitting for this asshole but two bad for the drivers. He lost with a superior car but probably to the best driver!!

leopard
23rd October 2007, 08:42
Man you said a mouthful, and that's not even the half of it. I’ve always been indifferent to Ron. But he got in over his head when LH snuck up on the field. Ron had to make a choice. One that on the surface doesn't appear to be that difficult. Back the home grown kid who drove a great car practically flawlessly, or go with the disillusioned two time reining world champ that has copped a big time attitude about events(some real, and some imagined) that he never thought he would have to deal with this season. I can't say what FA's mentality or motives were with any kind of certainty. I can say this, McLaren, the team, somehow contrived to lose something a lot of people in the organization worked really hard to have. And, he wouldn't have lost it if he went with FA!
exactly ;)

Malbec
23rd October 2007, 20:43
For someone who tried to blackmail his own team (a criminal offence) Alonso got treated extremely well by McLaren!

alfa155btcc
23rd October 2007, 20:45

I agree, great spelling by the way :s mokin:

leopard
24th October 2007, 03:25
For someone who tried to blackmail his own team (a criminal offence) Alonso got treated extremely well by McLaren!
I would always believe that there is no smoke without fire, then which one exist first, The chicken or the egg?

rohanweb
24th October 2007, 05:23

Then why the hell Alonso was driving for Mclaren, he should have walked off from the team, clearly he is no match for Lewis's talent..

yeh right..Alosno has not been faithful to his employers who pay him real cash in millions, why the heck he brings the employer in to such situation,

are you saying because he cannot compete with his rookie team mate he is 'allowed ' and 'did the right thing' to bring mclaren as whole in to disrepute.

anyone of the 1000's of employees working for mclaren got slapped on the face that when he claimed that he brought a winning car ( a 6/10 seconds is absolutely idiocy of Alonso.. he must have come from some uneducated silly background, therefore he cannot even expect a single mechanic to help him out, that was the very bad insult from alonso.. and he doesnt deserve to be treated any good.. Ron must sack him and take him to court to claim all damages.

rohanweb
24th October 2007, 05:26
I agree, great spelling by the way :s mokin:
I write too fast mate..sorry

rohanweb
24th October 2007, 05:30

some common sense still prevails here..
cheers Dylan.

I would probably taken to court and sacked by my employer if i ever blackmail my company, who pays me real monies to do the job.

probably in spain where Alonso come from its perfectly normal to thrash & blackmail your company, may be its because you feel some of your fellow colleague done a better job than him and you are dieing of jealousy..why not bring the company in to a laughing stock... yeh right!!!

Long live Spain & Alonso

raikk
24th October 2007, 05:38
When a team like McLaren, suposed to be one of the greatest in F1 history say that they prefer one racer than other, shows they are not having equality. When, like in China, Ron Dennis said they were fighting against Alonso and that he did prefer Kimi to win than Alonso...¿How the hell is defending Alonso in McLaren?. ¿How the hell is McLaren defending their interests?. Ron Dennis has made an horrible season. ¿How can Alonso run with people in his Team prefering an other Team racer to win?.

McLaren is British, Ron Dennis is British, Ecclestone is British... In some FIA discussions like the Safety Car problem, one of the referees was British and decided not to penalize LH. In that situation, that referee might not have been there. But this is FIAsco maFIA. No British has win F1 in 11 seasons, that's a fact. They want and need a title, but ¿With extra help?. This is not serious. If FA has talked, is just because he is and feels alone and really damaged with some FIA and McLaren decissions. If you work in a factory and you receive the same treat as FA has received in McLaren, YOU ALL very long time ago would have changed your jobs. But FA is a professional. He has continued racing, fighting against FIA, McLaren, Ron Dennis, Hamilton..., and even has kept 3º only 1pt behind Kimi. ¡That shows FA is the greatest racer in the world!. I wonder what would have Hamilton done in a Minardi, Super Aguri or Spyker this season, or what would have happened if FIA would have done his job seriously.

Link!

rohanweb
24th October 2007, 05:42
One more time (hopefully the last time!) It is ILLEGAL to POSSESS STOLEN MATERIAL! Stepney did not have permission or authority to give away technical data. That means he stole it. That means that when it was found in possession of a McLaren employee, it was illegal!

The example used over and over is something like this: If I work for a bank and I "give" you $100,000, do you think the police will visit you? Perhaps they will let you keep the money, after all, it was "given" to you!!

Is that simple enough to understand?

so for an eg: you have a company with 100 employees, and 1 of them got a business file from some other company.. and how on earth your company gets penalised as a whole ?

its a criminal activity which had happened inbetween a ferrari employee and a mclaren employee.. and these two culprits to be taken to court and not the teams as a whole. ..its a real shame this has happened, the verdict from fia has given oppurtunities for all the teams to 'makeup' something like,befriend some guy from the teams across and share an email then bring on a case that 'data's been stealed by other team and work along securing 'championships' like this..Ferrari are very clever people.. we do know this very well. i suspect this is an inside job of Ferrari to bring mclaren in to disrepute, if mclaren were given possible 2 year racing ban, it would be good enough for them to have 'runaway' victories to win championships ( specially at the absent of MS ferrari needed some cunning ways to cover the gap)

I wonder why they kept the mclaren drivers on to the championship because FIA couldnt find any real proof that mclaren were actually using ferrari's data in thier cars, if they would have..then we wouldnt have seen both cars are racing till the end..

btw if Mr.Alonso requested details like weight distribution etc through sms (lol) then ferrari should have taken him to court also..so we have 3 suspects.

wmcot
24th October 2007, 06:46
so for an eg: you have a company with 100 employees, and 1 of them got a business file from some other company.. and how on earth your company gets penalised as a whole ?

its a criminal activity which had happened inbetween a ferrari employee and a mclaren employee.. and these two culprits to be taken to court and not the teams as a whole. ..its a real shame this has happened, the verdict from fia has given oppurtunities for all the teams to 'makeup' something like,befriend some guy from the teams across and share an email then bring on a case that 'data's been stealed by other team and work along securing 'championships' like this..Ferrari are very clever people.. we do know this very well. i suspect this is an inside job of Ferrari to bring mclaren in to disrepute, if mclaren were given possible 2 year racing ban, it would be good enough for them to have 'runaway' victories to win championships ( specially at the absent of MS ferrari needed some cunning ways to cover the gap)

I wonder why they kept the mclaren drivers on to the championship because FIA couldnt find any real proof that mclaren were actually using ferrari's data in thier cars, if they would have..then we wouldnt have seen both cars are racing till the end..

btw if Mr.Alonso requested details like weight distribution etc through sms (lol) then ferrari should have taken him to court also..so we have 3 suspects.

Let's stop this right here. The whole thing has been beaten to death in another thread for the past few months. I don't think any opinions have been changed on either side.

Back on topic - Has Alonso been paid to trash McLaren? No. I'm sure he would gladly do it for free!

ShiftingGears
24th October 2007, 10:57
clearly he is no match for Lewis's talent..

As the results CLEARLY suggest...

Daniel
24th October 2007, 11:01
As the results CLEARLY suggest...
:rotflmao: I'm better than Kimi cos I says so :D

leopard
24th October 2007, 11:05
they are tied at the same points, what was the judgment of that no match ¿

ioan
24th October 2007, 11:23
they are tied at the same points, what was the judgment of that no match ¿

Nationality!

Donney
24th October 2007, 11:41
cheers Dylan.

I would probably taken to court and sacked by my employer if i ever blackmail my company, who pays me real monies to do the job.

probably in spain where Alonso come from its perfectly normal to thrash & blackmail your company, may be its because you feel some of your fellow colleague done a better job than him and you are dieing of jealousy..why not bring the company in to a laughing stock... yeh right!!!

Long live Spain & Alonso

Would you mind leaving Spain out of your twisted train of thought?

Thank you.

Daniel
24th October 2007, 12:11
Would you mind leaving Spain out of your twisted train of thought?

Thank you.
Of course Spain somehow wants a Finn to win rather than a Brit. At least that's what my girlfriend's best friends' sisters husbands brothers wife's unborn child's gerbil told me :)

All in a dream of course :)

P.S I don't see how countries come into this at all really.

24th October 2007, 12:20
Nice to see the Mclaren fans taking defeat well and graciously.

ioan
24th October 2007, 12:31
Nice to see the Mclaren fans taking defeat well and graciously.

Where?

OTA
24th October 2007, 12:53
Rohamweb:
"tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you're lacking"
Cheers
David

wmcot
25th October 2007, 00:23

Link please!

Roamy
25th October 2007, 01:47
No i think Alonso has enough money that he can do it for free

wmcot
25th October 2007, 06:06
Do you think he was payed to criticize Renault last year, too? It seems to be just his personality.

Priorat
25th October 2007, 07:33

This is the first thing that spanish alonsos' fans don't understand.

Ask them why they support Alonso. The answer is because he is spanish.

Then ask them who did support before Alonso won his first race. The answer is they didn't watch that boring F1 thing at all before

leopard
25th October 2007, 07:37
Do you think he was payed to criticize Renault last year, too? It seems to be just his personality.
Constructive criticism :)

janneppi
25th October 2007, 07:50
Of course Spain somehow wants a Finn to win rather than a Brit. At least that's what my girlfriend's best friends' sisters husbands brothers wife's unborn child's gerbil told me :)

All in a dream of course :)

It doesn't matter who was driving the other car, many Alonso's supporters wouldn't want him to succeed better than Alonso. Hamilton being a Brit in a British team didn't really help the situation.
It's easier to explain the situation when you can blame the car instead of having to look at why Alonso was slower in the same car, and with Alonso's own setups :p :

Why do I think like this you might ask, simply because I'm like that myself. I watched the first part of the Nürburgring(?) race at my family's summer cabin and when Kimi retired, drove back home thinking that bloody Massa is going to win it now. I had a good laugh looking at the results at home to find Alonso had won the race. :D

OTA
25th October 2007, 09:24
Priorat, are you talking about yourself? Of course not, your little wine producer mountain has nothing to do with Spain, and of course you wouldn't support anyone in a sentimental basis, because you have the gift of objectivity.
It's so funny how people come to conclusions about things they don't have a clue about it.

Cheers
David

leopard
25th October 2007, 09:33
I think each member have their own right to tell their assessment, having said that this is democratic forum, isn't this?

back on topic, thanks :)

ioan
25th October 2007, 09:39
I watched the first part of the Nürburgring(?) race at my family's summer cabin and when Kimi retired, drove back home thinking that bloody Massa is going to win it now. I had a good laugh looking at the results at home to find Alonso had won the race. :D

I see! This post explains many things. :rolleyes:

janneppi
25th October 2007, 09:45
That my parents have summer cabin? All you had to do was ask. ;)

ioan
25th October 2007, 10:38
That my parents have summer cabin? All you had to do was ask. ;)

At least you have a good sense of humor. ;)

Donney
25th October 2007, 10:43

Then ask them who did support before Alonso won his first race. The answer is they didn't watch that boring F1 thing at all before

And I assume you know that for a fact because you have super powers reaching beyond the limits of common knowledge or respect.

pino
25th October 2007, 11:24

What's wrong with that ? :confused: Not their fault Spain never had a F1 talent before Alonso...and btw, why you think I am a Trulli and Ferrari fan ? ;)

Priorat
25th October 2007, 15:40
Priorat, are you talking about yourself? Of course not, your little wine producer mountain has nothing to do with Spain, and of course you wouldn't support anyone in a sentimental basis, because you have the gift of objectivity.
It's so funny how people come to conclusions about things they don't have a clue about it.

Cheers
David

Come on. If you've been to Spain recently you must know what I'm talking about.
I understand that you can support your national basket or football team as they wear the name of your country, but in motor racing like tennis or golf are just individual names. I will support the one I like how plays or drives, not because he is from here or from there
I've been supporting different teams or drivers for almost 30 years without sentimental basis so I can tell you that it can be done without having any gift of objectivity

Donney
25th October 2007, 16:35
Come on. If you've been to Spain recently you must know what I'm talking about.
I understand that you can support your national basket or football team as they wear the name of your country, but in motor racing like tennis or golf are just individual names. I will support the one I like how plays or drives, not because he is from here or from there
I've been supporting different teams or drivers for almost 30 years without sentimental basis so I can tell you that it can be done without having any gift of objectivity

Which is very nice for you, but it does not prove or validate your previous point about Spanish fans.

Tomi
25th October 2007, 21:10
why you think I am a Trulli and Ferrari fan ? ;)

Thats truly a mystery,my guess is that you support underdogs + winners ;)

jso1985
26th October 2007, 06:58

and..? I don't see the point, they support someone from their country... so?

leopard
26th October 2007, 07:58
It's because he can play 'Déjà Vu' once nobody wants him.

Priorat
26th October 2007, 08:51

Nothing wrong with it. Only I don't see the point in it being the only reason to do so.

donKey jote
26th October 2007, 18:05
cheers Dylan.

Long live Spain & Alonso

rohanweb it's not the first time you've made this sort of comments :rolleyes:
probably in wherever you come from it's perfectly normal :dozey:

:down: :down: :down:

Tazio
26th October 2007, 18:47
RO'...You are underestimating the power of patriotism in F1.
Do you think it was a coincidence that Flav had the blue in Renault's French themed livery,
the same color as the blue of Astoria? Hmmm. Now that I think of it, it may have been a coincidence!

tinchote
27th October 2007, 04:05

Personally, I think that there is a difference between supporting someone from your country - which is natural, I would say -, and talking like everybody else is an idiot or dishonest or a member of a conspiracy. The second part is seen a lot between Spanish fans of FA, here and in others places, and it really annoys me. It reminds me of jpmontoya_fan, did you get to know him here at the forums? :D

pino
27th October 2007, 06:43
It reminds me of jpmontoya_fan, did you get to know him here at the forums? :D

Great character...I miss him :p :

kusha
27th October 2007, 07:29
I've read spanish people didn't watch F1 before Alonso. That's not true. I'm spanish, and I watch F1 since 80's, and so do all my family and friends, and so do lots of spanish people.

Priorat, You say that sports like motor, tennis or golf are individual sports, I agree with You, but You also say that individual sportsmen do not represent a country. ¿Do You really think so?. If that's true, then Athletism in the Olimpic Games doesn't represent any country?. Always a sportman, a writer, or whatever important and relevant person represents a country and much more.

The fact is that FA this season has had serious problems with his team and FIA. Just feedback and analyze all season neutrally, race by race. He has had to fight against they all and their decissions, and even 3rd in all season just 1pt behind Kimi, and with the same points than Hamilton. ¡That's simply incredible!!!!. In a natural season, with FIA taking neutral decissions and his team being really equal (Not this season I'm afraid), FA would have been the champion.

Never in F1 history a champion had been so badly treated in a team or by the FIA. That's incredible. McLaren played their cards with Hamilton, and lost. Maybe, if McLaren would have treated better to Alonso, a more experienced racer who needs more respect, now McLaren could sing Queen's song "We are the champions.....".

Priorat
27th October 2007, 07:54
I've read spanish people didn't watch F1 before Alonso. That's not true. I'm spanish, and I watch F1 since 80's, and so do all my family and friends, and so do lots of spanish people.

Priorat, You say that sports like motor, tennis or golf are individual sports, I agree with You, but You also say that individual sportsmen do not represent a country. ¿Do You really think so?. If that's true, then Athletism in the Olimpic Games doesn't represent any country?. Always a sportman, a writer, or whatever important and relevant person represents a country and much more.

The fact is that FA this season has had serious problems with his team and FIA. Just feedback and analyze all season neutrally, race by race. He has had to fight against they all and their decissions, and even 3rd in all season just 1pt behind Kimi, and with the same points than Hamilton. ¡That's simply incredible!!!!. In a natural season, with FIA taking neutral decissions and his team being really equal (Not this season I'm afraid), FA would have been the champion.

Never in F1 history a champion had been so badly treated in a team or by the FIA. That's incredible. McLaren played their cards with Hamilton, and lost. Maybe, if McLaren would have treated better to Alonso, a more experienced racer who needs more respect, now McLaren could sing Queen's song "We are the champions.....".

I guess you watch F1 on Telecinco...

donKey jote
27th October 2007, 08:58
and talking like everybody else is an idiot or dishonest or a member of a conspiracy. The second part is seen a lot between Spanish fans of FA, here and in others places, and it really annoys me.

It annoys me too tincho, but -at least here- I haven't seen it too often. At least not more often than other "fans". What annoys me more is what I see in some "British fans of LH" here, who's negative comments on Alonso appear to be based at least partly on where he comes from :dozey:

If you want to see how pathetic the fans are that priorat is talking about (in other places), look at the comments to items in Marca :down:
These "fans" are simply disgusting.

priorat: you obviously don't like fernando and that's fine. You get to see a different version of F1 than telecinco and that's fine. TV3 with Roses+Gene is possibly "better" than Telecinco+de la Rosa and that's also fine. But I'm certain a true fan (no, not 72 :p : ) can see through the bollox spouted by the calvo, and I'm sure the Spanish forum members here can too, just as you can. :)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Priorat
27th October 2007, 10:41
There are Alonso fans (just) and Formula 1 fans that support Alonso.

Malbec
27th October 2007, 12:32
Alonso's nationality is irrelevant when trying to explain his behaviour. It is only relevant when trying to explain the behaviour of the press and the fans from particular countries.

I find it very difficult to find any evidence whatsoever that Alonso was treated anything less than equally with Hamilton certainly before Hungary and even afterwards. When pushed, even Alonso denies he has been handicapped compared to Hamilton.

The problem is that Alonso feels that he has been treated equally with Hamilton and that should not be the case for a two times world champion driving alongside a rookie. He felt he should have received preferential treatment. This would not have been a problem if Hamilton had been slow, but he was not. We know from his days at Renault that Alonso could not cope with being beaten by his teammate. In those days his teammate was Fisichella so those days were rare, but this season Hamilton was regularly as quick as or quicker than him, compounding the frustration.

Had Alonso been accusing a team with a strong past history of favouritism like Renault or Ferrari then the paddock would have believed him (NOT the fans, the paddock). Unfortunately he accused McLaren with its strong reputation within the paddock and once the story of attempted blackmail came out his reputation was ruined.

As someone who supported Alonso coming into this season I'm quite bitterly disappointed by his behaviour and he has done himself no favours. Before this season just about every team on the grid would have welcomed him, now people will be having second thoughts about signing him.

jso1985
27th October 2007, 21:23
Personally, I think that there is a difference between supporting someone from your country - which is natural, I would say -, and talking like everybody else is an idiot or dishonest or a member of a conspiracy. The second part is seen a lot between Spanish fans of FA, here and in others places, and it really annoys me. It reminds me of jpmontoya_fan, did you get to know him here at the forums? :D

right on that :up:

leopard
29th October 2007, 02:36
I was wishing the black associated car (or those already known better running black) to win this year, and it's almost done if the team just as simply relied the title on the reigning champion.

For the better safe choice status quo is to keep the things the way they presently are, when the output of the new choice hasn't yet convinced anybody with.

wmcot
29th October 2007, 05:42
It happens in F1, just like it happens in all international sports:

You have the "nationalistic fans" who support the individual based on his country of origin.

You have the "knowledgeable fans" who understand the sport and individuals involved and respect them for the talents they possess.

Then you have the fans, like my wife, who started following Alonso after Indy 2004 because he looked cute with his Mild Seven headband and had a pretty blue and yellow car! :)

OTA
29th October 2007, 08:53
Priorat, just read the title of the thread and you'll see it's not only spanish who are a bit superficial. Indeed I haven't seen the spanish members of this forum start ridiculous claims such as this thread.

And about Tele5, I have the bad habit of reading a lot of newspapers and watching things in different chanels. And while I agree that Tele5 is FA biased I could tell you that it's not different from any of the other national TV from a country in which they have a top level driver.
There is the business of driving cars fast and there is the business of getting people to turn on TV and watch them.
And if you are a long term motorsport fan, you surely know that as modest as Spain might be, there is a pretty stong base of motorstport fans who haven't reached the sport with FA.
Cheers
David

Priorat
29th October 2007, 19:30
Priorat, just read the title of the thread and you'll see it's not only spanish who are a bit superficial. Indeed I haven't seen the spanish members of this forum start ridiculous claims such as this thread.

And about Tele5, I have the bad habit of reading a lot of newspapers and watching things in different chanels. And while I agree that Tele5 is FA biased I could tell you that it's not different from any of the other national TV from a country in which they have a top level driver.
There is the business of driving cars fast and there is the business of getting people to turn on TV and watch them.
And if you are a long term motorsport fan, you surely know that as modest as Spain might be, there is a pretty stong base of motorstport fans who haven't reached the sport with FA.
Cheers
David

As I said in one of my posts, there are spanish Alonso fans (just becuse he is Spanish, whatever he does and that didn't watch F1 before and will stop watching when Alonso stops wining) and Spanish Formula 1 fans that have choosen to support Alonso.

Hope you understand me now.

About Tele5, I feel sorry for those who haven't any other chance. To call them only biased is too much a sweet word.
Cheers

ArrowsFA1
30th October 2007, 07:52
You have the "nationalistic fans" who support the individual based on his country of origin.

You have the "knowledgeable fans" who understand the sport and individuals involved and respect them for the talents they possess.

Then you have the fans, like my wife, who started following Alonso after Indy 2004 because he looked cute with his Mild Seven headband and had a pretty blue and yellow car! :)
I think that sums it up pretty well :up: :s mokin: