PDA

View Full Version : Race:The WTCC Game problems

SEATFreak
3rd January 2007, 11:40
I recently bought Race from GAME. After a while of problems relating to the installation of something called Steam I may be getting somewhere with regard to installation of the actual point of the thing; the game.

But after setting up a Steam account somehow, I cannot get past something called the Product Activation Wizard.

There is an Activation Key on the back of the mannual. Is this it? If so it keeps on saying it is invalid. I know the printing of the Key is badly done to the extent as it says "I" "1" and "L" look the same.

Mark
3rd January 2007, 11:57
Presumably there will be a helpline number you can call? Not sure if you can call from Spain, tho.

SEATFreak
3rd January 2007, 14:17
It's OK now. A few minutes ago I found the place where I was supposed to put it.

Now I face another problem. Do you have to be on the Internet to play it Mark?

If so it will be very costly for those who are on dialup and aren't on a priceplan that is easy on the pocket, and very timely for those, like me, who are on a priceplan which is easy on the pocket (On TalkTalk I pay a set cost regardless of time on of about £29 which is put on the landline bill) but are still on dialup.

Mark
3rd January 2007, 14:22
It's OK now. A few minutes ago I found the place where I was supposed to put it.

Now I face another problem. Do you have to be on the Internet to play it Mark?

I have no idea. I've never heard of the thing.

If so it will be very costly for those who are on dialup and aren't on a priceplan that is easy on the pocket, and very timely for those, like me, who are on a priceplan which is easy on the pocket (On TalkTalk I pay a set cost regardless of time on of about £29 which is put on the landline bill) but are still on dialup.

Most people are on broadband now. If you are on dialup, then more fool you.

Caroline
3rd January 2007, 15:06
Speak to Daniel about Steam and online gaming. I am not sure how it all works but he will fill you in. We played the demo and enjoyed it heaps, you should have seen how chuffed we were to get a car round Paddock Hill Bend at full pelt without ending up in the gravel :D

Dave B
3rd January 2007, 17:08
I'll be surprised if dial-up will support online gaming as the speed is diabolical, but I'd wait for Daniel's advice.

If you're paying £29 per month just for dial-up access then you need serious help :eek: That sort of money would buy you line rental, broadband and probably some telly too.

Have a look on the forums of http://www.moneysavingexpert.com for some sage advice.

SEATFreak
5th January 2007, 15:11
Most people are on broadband now. If you are on dialup, then more fool you.

Saying "more fool you" has hurt me deeply. :bigcry:

Do you not know I have put the idea to mother who is the one to pay the bill and she has dismissed the idea completely unaware of how much better life would be with broadband allround? I would have a much improved performance from my modem and I could go on for as long as I want for a set price and the landline would be completely free.

On the issue of the price she pays I do not know how much it is set at but I can go on for as long as I want and we pay a set price.

ted4798
1st July 2007, 11:13
i buy the game and when i go to launch it it tells me this

Race_steam 1.2.3.0 has crashed
x please submit the file
'Minidump\Race_Steam_1.2.3.0-20070630-003216-972-2404.dmp'
along with a description of what you think could have caused the crash to
a developer near you
what i have to do :(

Luffield
2nd July 2007, 16:34
Glad I checked this out. I can't offer any help as I was looking to get the game myself. Might change my mind now!!!!

:eek:

AlexD
4th July 2007, 15:42
Never had any of those problems, not sure what would cause them.

Daniel
9th July 2007, 17:34
Never had any of those problems, not sure what would cause them.

Same here. No problems. You won't be able to play online on dialup for sure. You could play offline and set it to never download patches but I wouldn't reccomend it.

I suggest going to www.moneysupermarket.com (http://www.moneysupermarket.com) and looking at the broadband comparisons section.

Jamie Brown
9th July 2007, 18:12
i have had no problems with the game

kartingzz
30th March 2008, 10:50
I got exactly same problem as ted4798:race_steam 1.2.3.0 has crashed and don't know how to solve this problem
could someone help me?
thanks

AndyRAC
31st March 2008, 12:05
Just wish this game was on sale for consoles. It looks really good.

woody2goody
10th April 2008, 12:32
Steam wouldn't let me play that game, kept saying there were files missing and then when I got those files it told me they were STILL missing.

Get Race 07 instead you don't need Steam to play it.