PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the race

ioan
21st October 2007, 19:44
So who's the driver that impressed most in todays race?

Kimi for winning
Felipe for making it possible
Rosberg for a wonderful drive

Can't think of any other driver who would deserve it.

Can we have a poll?

janneppi
21st October 2007, 19:49
Top guys weren't really showing anything out of the ordinary today, maybe Rosberg if I had to pick one.

Langdale Forest
21st October 2007, 19:49
Probably Rosberg for getting 4th.

DavErb
21st October 2007, 19:52
Well once Hamilton was out of contention it was pretty apparent that the Ferraris were the class of the field today. So congrats to Massa and Raikonnen but they did what they were expected to. Rosberg, on the other hand, exceeded expectations and provided some good theater as well. Rosberg for me

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 19:54
it has to be Kimi & Roseburg.

Sleeper
21st October 2007, 20:08
Rosberg, excellent drive.

race_director
21st October 2007, 20:12
Massa for the perfect block on Hamilton on the start. gave him a dose of his own medicine

F1boat
21st October 2007, 20:27
The WDC - Kimi, for believing in his dream and achieving it.
Massa for the great help.

ioan
21st October 2007, 20:39
Massa for the perfect block on Hamilton on the start. gave him a dose of his own medicine

Well everything came back to bite Hamilton when he was the most vulnerable to it.

BDunnell
21st October 2007, 20:41
Well everything came back to bite Hamilton when he was the most vulnerable to it.

You write as though Michael Schumacher never indulged in startline 'chops'. There is no way that any sensible observer of F1 would say that anything Hamilton has done in that regard is any worse than what Schumacher used to do. Personally, the actions of neither have never bothered me. Or are you referring to something Hamilton did in a previous life?

jso1985
21st October 2007, 20:48
Raikkonen and Rosberg did wonderful jobs today

my vote goes to Kimi as in the end you don't win a WDC everyday :up:

BDunnell
21st October 2007, 20:51
Raikkonen and Rosberg did wonderful jobs today

Rosberg's move on Heidfeld was quite something. Good bit of opportunism by Kubica afterwards, too. It was a shame for him that the stupid tyre compound rule lost Kubica a place near the end, but it was a great result for Rosberg.

markabilly
21st October 2007, 20:58
Kimi

Roamy
21st October 2007, 20:58
Rosberg!!!

ATF
21st October 2007, 21:38
OK - who voted for Fernando?! :p :

Definitely Rosberg - getting 4th in a Williams, beating both BMWs!!

yodasarmpit
21st October 2007, 22:03
Quite a few to chose from.
Massa for playing the perfect team game, especially the great maneuver at the start.
Kimi for not putting a foot wrong
Hamilton for a brilliant fightback after his mistake and gear problems.
Rosberg for bringing the Williams in forth.

In the end I'd give it to Kimi, being able to drive the perfect race with so much at stake puts him into a class of his own.

VkmSpouge
21st October 2007, 22:26
My driver of the race would have to be Nico Rosberg. He drove exceedingly well, passing the BMWs, capping off a good season.

Daika
21st October 2007, 23:37
I voted Massa. He could won it today, obviously for good reason didn't challenge Kimi.

DazzlaF1
21st October 2007, 23:43
Nico Rosberg, he'll be one to watch next season, excellent drive

stevie_gerrard
21st October 2007, 23:55
Raikonnen consistently quick, but Rosberg brilliant in a tough season for Williams overall. he gets my vote :up:

F=ma
22nd October 2007, 02:38
LH for going wide, and for putting around in neutral handing the WDC over to Kimi on a silver platter.

I think LH would have to have as many freakin engine/gearbox/random ass mehcanical failures as Kimi has had in his last 3 years combined for me to feel that he deserves the Championship.

Kimi's earned it so many times over already.

Get in line rookie, pay your dues. You'll get your championship.

Hawkmoon
22nd October 2007, 06:59
I picked Rosberg but I actually think Nakajima was the driver of the day.

- 19th on the grid to 10th
- 5th fastest lap
- Fastest lap that was quicker than teammate Rosberg and Alonso

OK, he blotted his copy book by running over a mechanic or two, but he didn't seem to get worried by it and continued on his merry way.

All on debut. This lad looks like he might be a viable option for Williams next year.

gofastandwynn
22nd October 2007, 07:38
I picked Rosberg but I actually think Nakajima was the driver of the day.

- 19th on the grid to 10th
- 5th fastest lap
- Fastest lap that was quicker than teammate Rosberg and Alonso

Picked up the spare in pit lane as well...

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 08:02

Definitely Rosberg - getting 4th in a Williams, beating both BMWs!!
I voted for him. I'll tell you why It was his hard charge into the first turn, and it's affect on LH that started hamiltons problems. Other than that his Mac was a complete dog with no guts. Never been a fan of his but I do admire his determination. Just as worthy of anyone else in this race IMO. Any questions?

wmcot
22nd October 2007, 08:14
Picked up the spare in pit lane as well...

I like it! Very funny! :)

leopard
22nd October 2007, 08:29
a poll added :D

markabilly
22nd October 2007, 08:31
I voted for him. I'll tell you why It was his hard charge into the first turn, and it's affect on LH that started hamiltons problems. Other than that his Mac was a complete dog with no guts. Never been a fan of his but I do admire his determination. Just as worthy of anyone else in this race IMO. Any questions?

And in looking back, it should be that he was not the one who cost mac the wdc, the wcc and a 100 million dollars.....to do as well as he did in these circumstances, does say there is talent there, far and above what some give him credit for

As to his attitude, he is what he is...Mac hired him and should have known better than to be tossing burning matches on a barrel of gas...but to come so close with so very few, if any real supporters on the team...that says it all....

Ranger
22nd October 2007, 08:33
All on debut. This lad looks like he might be a viable option for Williams next year.

Very good point. Seems much better than the several Japanese drivers who have been in F1 over the past 10 years, perhaps maybe Sato. :up:

leopard
22nd October 2007, 08:36

a Kimi's fan :D

ioan
22nd October 2007, 09:04
And in looking back, it should be that he was not the one who cost mac the wdc, the wcc and a 100 million dollars.....to do as well as he did in these circumstances, does say there is talent there, far and above what some give him credit for

As to his attitude, he is what he is...Mac hired him and should have known better than to be tossing burning matches on a barrel of gas...but to come so close with so very few, if any real supporters on the team...that says it all....

I agree, he was strong this season although he was fighting his own team.

OTA
22nd October 2007, 09:07
I'll go for Kimi. Did what was needed to be WDC. Congrats to him.

Storm
22nd October 2007, 13:33
Kimi and Rosberg too...although I wish he and Kubica had not tried and take each other out every lap towards the end :p :
Had me shouting at the screen as that would have messed up Kimi's title.

jens
22nd October 2007, 20:04
Interesting that Räikkönen has got so many votes as it's actually Massa, who was the so-called moral winner of the race.

I voted for Rosberg. Webber was making an excellent race too until his usual problems... And I'm also satisfied with Trulli's performance in an average Toyota. :) Also considering that the strategy wasn't exactly the best one...

Nakajima impressed me a lot too. Don't know, what happened to him in qualifying though. :\ And one more guy deserves a mention - Sebastian Vettel! :D He was fighting in Top10 and for a possible point even in dry conditions (!) until the car let him down...

leopard
25th October 2007, 04:15
Interesting that Räikkönen has got so many votes as it's actually Massa, who was the so-called moral winner of the race.
Interesting that actually you are aware of it.

ten-tenths
25th October 2007, 06:44

i think you are onto something. i was thinking about the opening lap and how it could it all go so wrong for hamilton; and it really was a combination of moves by massa, raikkonen, and especially alonso that caused
hamilton to unhinge.
at the start, massa chops across and blocks hamilton, allowing raikkonen to pick up speed and box in hamilton and eventually overtake hamilton going into the curve. but this move slows down both drivers allowing alonso to gain and overtake hamilton. (by this time hamilton must be super frustrated to say the least.) with hamilton right behind his tow, alonso then anticipates hamilton's next move and preemptively blocks that line forcing hamilton to dive back,lock up and off the track.
it was like a triple-tag-team on hamilton!

leopard
25th October 2007, 07:22
you hit the nail on the head :)

Tazio
25th October 2007, 19:58
i think you are onto something. i was thinking about the opening lap and how it could it all go so wrong for hamilton; and it really was a combination of moves by massa, raikkonen, and especially alonso that caused
hamilton to unhinge.
at the start, massa chops across and blocks hamilton, allowing raikkonen to pick up speed and box in hamilton and eventually overtake hamilton going into the curve. but this move slows down both drivers allowing alonso to gain and overtake hamilton. (by this time hamilton must be super frustrated to say the least.) with hamilton right behind his tow, alonso then anticipates hamilton's next move and preemptively blocks that line forcing hamilton to dive back,lock up and off the track.

I suggested on another thread before the race that Hamilton might fall into a Ferrari trap
which included Alonso getting through(wishful thinking really)It didn't happen the way I thought,
or you just portrayed it. If you watch the replay it was LH who drifted over
to the clean side to slot in between Massa, and Kimi. Kimi didn't give him any room,
which may have been helped by Massa holding ranks with Kimi (pure speculation on my part)
Fred, was able to move even while staying on the dirty side.
It appears in hindsight that LH made a tactical error
by going directly for the clean side!

ten-tenths
25th October 2007, 23:52
I suggested on another thread before the race that Hamilton might fall into a Ferrari trap
which included Alonso getting through(wishful thinking really)It didn't happen the way I thought,
or you just portrayed it. If you watch the replay it was LH who drifted over
to the clean side to slot in between Massa, and Kimi. Kimi didn't give him any room,
which may have been helped by Massa holding ranks with Kimi (pure speculation on my part)
Fred, was able to move even while staying on the dirty side.
It appears in hindsight that LH made a tactical error
by going directly for the clean side!

i missed that thread, but i must disagree with the start. for sure LH starts to drift toward the center of the track, but massa clearly chops across and stalls any move for LH. you were absolutely correct about the ferrari trap! but alonso made sure he joined that party and stick it to LH.
it reminds me of ralf schumacher totally helping out his brother's cause instead of JPM as the championship was drawing to a close several years back. sooooo bitter about that.

pino
26th October 2007, 06:50
i missed that thread, but i must disagree with the start. for sure LH starts to drift toward the center of the track, but massa clearly chops across and stalls any move for LH. you were absolutely correct about the ferrari trap! but alonso made sure he joined that party and stick it to LH.
it reminds me of ralf schumacher totally helping out his brother's cause instead of JPM as the championship was drawing to a close several years back. sooooo bitter about that.

Alonso wasn't trying to help Ferrari's drivers but himself, as Ron forced him to use same strategy as Hamilton. The start was the only weapon in his hands to fight Hamilton and he used it, what else he should've done ? Ron didn't give him another choice...

ten-tenths
26th October 2007, 21:29
Alonso wasn't trying to help Ferrari's drivers but himself, as Ron forced him to use same strategy as Hamilton. The start was the only weapon in his hands to fight Hamilton and he used it, what else he should've done ? Ron didn't give him another choice...

hi pino, i have no complaints at all...alonso did what he had to do, at that point he was fighting for the win so i don't have a problem of him going after LH. if he could not win it, for sure he didn't want hamilton to either. Mac just screwed themselves. once again we see how important team hiearchy is to winning the wdc.