PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton 2nd in WDC

janneppi
21st October 2007, 19:14
Due to me messing up Mark's thread, I'll make a new one.

*This is to be for those who support him or wish him good luck next year, any negative posts from the usual suspect will result into me stepping on your heads, so keep it friendly.

See you next year , good luck Lewis, unbelivable for a rookie :up: .

f1kid1987
21st October 2007, 19:17

*This is to be for those who support him or wish him good luck next year, any negative posts from the usual suspect will result into me stepping on your heads, so keep it friendly.

Yeh gd luck for next year Lewis. Im sure you'll win it. and congrats to kimi im just glad that alsonso didnt win

BeansBeansBeans
21st October 2007, 19:21
It's disappointing to lose the title at the final hurdle after coming so close, but putting his season into perspective, what he has acheived is phenomenal :up:

Brown, Jon Brow
21st October 2007, 19:22
A rookie driver has been runner up in his debut season :eek:

No one saw that coming did they :p

Koz
21st October 2007, 19:24
Such a shame!
I've always wanted Kimmi to win, but would have been nice to see a rookie win it too!
And it was mechanical failure! :(

If only McLaren werent so greedy on the last race.

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 19:27
tremendous achievment of Lewis Hamilton.. it is indeed just like a dream for all
he has made a huge difference to F1 as a whole!!!

I am very disapointed that the team should have done a bit more to Lewis at the last wet race, and its very unlucky that his engine almost switched off for 40seconds today is a great shame that the bad time just got top of him ( and Kimi himself very thankful to this ;-)

anyhow I wish Lewis to bounce back in full stream next year!
All the very best..

F1MAN2007
21st October 2007, 19:36
*This is to be for those who support him or wish him good luck next year, any negative posts from the usual suspect will result into me stepping on your heads, so keep it friendly....

Please, Can we have another one for Alonso? Thank you Sir.

Jag_Warrior
21st October 2007, 19:48
The guy that I really wanted to win it, didn't win it. The guy that I really didn't want to win it, didn't win it. The guy that won it, I'm cool with, and so I'm happy for him and Ferrari.

Come back strong, Lewis!!!

janneppi
21st October 2007, 19:52
Please, Can we have another one for Alonso? Thank you Sir.
You can make one yourself, I can't be bothred. :p :

Easy Drifter
21st October 2007, 19:55
My only strong feeling was that Freddie not win.
Congrats to Kimi.
Being a bit nationalistic LH has equalled JV to finish 2nd in his rookie year.
That said unless McLaren fall flat on their face LH will win more than one WC.

Pedalpusher
21st October 2007, 20:00
It's disappointing to lose the title at the final hurdle after coming so close, but putting his season into perspective, what he has acheived is phenomenal :up:

:up:

Lewis has proved that he's able to fight amongst the best and let's hope he can go one better next year.

aryan
21st October 2007, 20:06
He did a phenomenal job this season. The best rookie I've ever seen, and I hope will be the start of a great career.

Congradulations to kimi as well, he certainly deserves a world championship.

Sleeper
21st October 2007, 20:07
If he was this strong this year, whats he going to be like next year? :eek:

slinkster
21st October 2007, 20:46
The guy that I really wanted to win it, didn't win it. The guy that I really didn't want to win it, didn't win it. The guy that won it, I'm cool with.

That sums up exactly how I feel about it... thankyou! :)

I hope Hamilton can come back from this and the disappointment doesn't hit him too hard. There was a part in the pre-show where they interviewed Lewis and he was saying when he was younger he took the down sides to the sport hard... so I hope he focusses on all his achievements this year and starts preparing for next in good spirits.

BDunnell
21st October 2007, 20:54
A quite incredible achievement under any circumstances. I'm glad I've been able to watch it, because someone finishing second overall in their debut season doesn't happen every day. I look forward to someone, some time, going one better and becoming the first rookie world champion, because I love new F1 milestones. This was the greatest overall pleasure I derived from Hamilton's season — the chance that a rookie could have won the title.

jso1985
21st October 2007, 20:56

But having the same achievment Villeneuve had doesn't sound so great :p :

seriously, he did much better than what everyone expected and congrats to him for that. can't say I'm not happy he didn't win it... not much of my favourite driver

tinchote
21st October 2007, 21:08
It was an awesome season for him, anyway. No regrets.

FlatChatRacer
21st October 2007, 21:17
Hamilton has had a great season. I hope he learns from his mistakes and becomes a stronger driver as a result.

It is also important that Mclaren continue to produce a fast enough and reliable car. If they don't do that then no matter what Hamilton does, he will struggle to win the WDC.

Mclaren in recent years have produced a great car one year then a not so good one the next. If this form continues, then 2008 is not going to be a good year for Mclaren and their drivers.

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 21:18
I was wondering if the mclaren mechanics made an error once again for the 2nd time in a row that they didnt fuel him to the finish.

it was something like 18 odd laps extra to do, and they should have fueled him few extra seconds to the finish ( not sure if he had hard tyres to last )..

I feel they should have fueled him to the finish.that cost him dearly!!!.Lewis would be champ by now

mmm

btw: too many racist/degrading comments been written for Lewis hamilton in the bbc have your say .. shame to be british , that lots of people writing like that are british...

Tazio
21st October 2007, 21:23

I would call that the understatement of the year.
Good show! Sincere congratulations!
Congrats to Fernando Alonzo for
finishing 3rd

airshifter
21st October 2007, 21:25
A job well done by Lewis, and even with the problems today she showed a great spirit and kept driving hard until the end.

In the long run it may be best that Lewis didn't take a title in his rookie year. With all the controversy many would have always questioned it and claimed it was only due to Mclaren having received unfair advantage.

Hopefully Lewis will take a title in years to come, with a fair fight on and off the track. If he continues driving the way he did this year, he will certainly deserve a title won without question.

yodasarmpit
21st October 2007, 21:48
Fantastic season and great fightback today.
He really will be a force in future seasons.

I'm glad it was Kimi that won in the end after it was apparent Lewis wasn't going to do it.

Cozzie
21st October 2007, 21:53
If he can do this in his first year what is he capable of achieving in years to come!
Well done Lewis, you've done us proud!

donKey jote
21st October 2007, 22:04
The guy that I really wanted to win it, didn't win it. The guy that I really didn't want to win it, didn't win it. The guy that won it, I'm cool with, and so I'm happy for him and Ferrari.

same here... sort of ;) :D

well done Lewis :)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Tazio
21st October 2007, 22:14
has anyone realized, or observed that if it wasn't for the top 5 or 6 teams improving their game, that in years past, a driver in a top car with the time left in the race that LH had most likely would have pased up to at least 5th. this is not a knock on Hamilton, I apologize if anyone would take offence from this. My point is that the mid-fielders are catching up to the "hyper-teams.
Great Season Lewis Hamilton

VkmSpouge
21st October 2007, 22:25
An excellent debut season for Lewis Hamilton. At some point back in January I told a friend I reckoned Hamilton would be about 5th in the Championship and at the very best he could hope was to get a couple of wins...I'm glad to be proved wrong :D

samuratt
21st October 2007, 22:38
Congrats to Kimi for having some good luck at least! :D
Congrats to Lewis for an excellent overall seasson. What a pity that he failed to become WDC twice! :/

See you next year...

stevie_gerrard
21st October 2007, 23:48
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton, a wonderful season from an incredible driver. He may have been a rookie, but no rookie does that in their first season of the top formula in motorsport, what a brave man.

Who knows, he may still win his first title, and it will be his first of many, i can see him challenging Michael Schumacher to be one of the best in F1 history :)

Simmo666
22nd October 2007, 01:26
Unfortunate day for Lewis but I'm happy Kimi won. Him winning is an outcome which really has the least controversy in it of the three, and it was so unexpected.

But Lewis has drove fantastically this season no doubt. If McLaren can provide a reliable AND quick car for the second season running (which I doubt for him unfortunately) then he'll be in great shape for next year!

N. Jones
22nd October 2007, 02:07
I am quite glad that Lewis did not win this year as it will give him experience and much more incentive to go for it next season.

I am also a believer that being successful the first time out puts so much pressure on a person that they end up failing to live up to very high expectations. I have seen this in hockey, football, and especially with musicians (how many bands have had a great 1st album and then free fall into obscurity?). If he had won his first time out I think he would have gone on to always being fast but never winning the title again. Plus he would have been lumped into the same group with JV & Damon Hill.

So, good job in year one, Lewis. Now you can use that experience to (hopefully) pile up many wins and championships for the rest for your career.

mstillhere
22nd October 2007, 03:30

I have to admit that I am surprised by his skills and his determination. However, although I wish him to win (one :) championship), I wonder if at times lady luck won't grant him a second chance. This year I think it was McLAren who blew it with their excessive over confidence. With only a more cautious and relaxed approach, they would have a different result in their hands right now. Lady luck was pretty nice to Lewis this year. Not so much with his other 3 competitors. And still.......
I have seen it in soccer a billion times. The worse team winning over the better team because it could not score for lack of focus/concentration. And when that happens lady luck is pretty serious: if you had your chance and you screwed it up, you'll never have the same chance again. I really think that this year conditions were very pro LH. I think one of the reasons why he was so successfull is that maybe nobody took him seriously at the beginning of the season with the result that he almost won the championship. I might be wrong but if you don't win when you have the chance.......you are doomed!!

Bradley
22nd October 2007, 08:31
LH did a good job ... in bashing his more experienced team-mate. He did this so well, that his team-mate lost the title with 2 points.

I wonder how Ron Dennis really (not publicly) thinks about that.

markabilly
22nd October 2007, 08:37
Yep, Mac thanks you Lewis....for your future benefit, may they all keep drinkin the kool aid :D

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 08:51
I have to admit that I am surprised by his skills and his determination. However, although I wish him to win (one :) championship), I wonder if at times lady luck won't grant him a second chance. This year I think it was McLAren who blew it with their excessive over confidence. With only a more cautious and relaxed approach, they would have a different result in their hands right now. Lady luck was pretty nice to Lewis this year. Not so much with his other 3 competitors. And still.......
I have seen it in soccer a billion times. The worse team winning over the better team because it could not score for lack of focus/concentration. And when that happens lady luck is pretty serious: if you had your chance and you screwed it up, you'll never have the same chance again. I really think that this year conditions were very pro LH. I think one of the reasons why he was so successfull is that maybe nobody took him seriously at the beginning of the season with the result that he almost won the championship. I might be wrong but if you don't win when you have the chance.......you are doomed!!
You know I was thinking the same thing. not necessarily about the luck, but a blown opportunity when he had it in the bag Don't want to be negative in fact with what he accomplished this year, his real fans have a lot of good times to look forward to. I just wonder if he got the ba Jesus scared out of him when he visited Sennas' grave

leopard
22nd October 2007, 08:59
The weaker team still have chance on winning, although the stronger and with efficacious concept have bigger chance.

It's simply because the ball and the wheel are spherical. :)

Ranger
22nd October 2007, 09:36
Regardless of how you view 2007, Hamilton's effort was a bloody good job. :up:

Donney
22nd October 2007, 10:50
What a season he's made, he'll be one of the few chosen to fight for the championship in several seasons to come. Hats off to him!

Congratulations!!!

samuratt
22nd October 2007, 11:03
Come on! he only needed 4 point in two races and he failed! how can you consider him so good? He blow his chances everytime he got near, and we better not talk about the "aids" he has got form his fellow stewards everytime he needed them.

McLaren even tried to disqualify BMWs and Williams in order to be champions!!!! Disgusting & Pathetic

He got what he deserved: he is no better than Villeneuve yet! :D

Storm
22nd October 2007, 13:31
Congrats to Hamilton for his rookie season, good job, impressive surely
although I would like to add he isn't as likeable as some make him out to be and hopefully he will not be handed the title in court now.

Also showed he isn't superhuman and cracked under pressure of last 2 races but overall a great effort to beat the 2 time world champ Alonso.

jens
22nd October 2007, 19:16
Scoring the same amount of points as his team-mate Alonso in debut season is a truly exceptional achievement. Hamilton showed very good raw speed, fighting on track and at the end of the year also setup finding, but on a few occasions his inexperience (especially at the end of the season) cost him dearly and cost him the title. But we shouldn't bash him for that, because it's only natural that rookies are still unable to deal perfectly with all the situations that occur in Formula One racing.

I think he has learned a very valuable lesson from this year, which makes him only stronger for the next years and a very-very tough guy to beat. Given the right machinery, his titles are still to come.

Robinho
22nd October 2007, 20:19
great job this year, far exceeded my expectations, but they shifted over the course of the season and i'm disappointed he didn't finish the job. ultimately they blew 2 great chances to settle the championship, but the experience should make Lewis stronger, i hope he gets many more chances - the year he has had is incredible

wmcot
22nd October 2007, 22:08
Although he is not my favorite driver, I don't dislike him either. I have a great respect for his talent and skill and I believe he will continue to challenge for championships. It will be interesting to see what he can do with a less-than-top car and if he will someday drive for a team other than McLaren.

That said, Job Well Done Lewis!

jens
22nd October 2007, 22:14
I have to say that my fears became a true reality. I think I already hinted in this forum somewhere before the Brazilian Grand Prix weekend that McLaren has had no problems in races during the whole year and if it happens in the last race... and it happened... in the most decisive and critical moment. :(

By the way, talking about Hamilton's race. He looked a bit under pressure in the first few laps, but after that 30-second problem he looked like a real racer and didn't put a wheel wrong any more. The pressure was off and he knew that he had nothing to lose. Granted that several guys just let him through, but I think his move on Barrichello was really impressive and brave.

BDunnell
22nd October 2007, 22:15
By the way, talking about Hamilton's race. He looked a bit under pressure in the first few laps, but after that 30-second problem he looked like a real racer and didn't put a wheel wrong any more. The pressure was off and he knew that he had nothing to lose. Granted that several guys just let him through, but I think his move on Barrichello was really impressive and brave.

I agree. Rosberg's similar one on Heidfeld was great too!

weeflyonthewall
22nd October 2007, 23:38
I thought from the start they were all out to get him. Lewis didn't expect Massa to go slow and allow Kimi to move up past him? Then allow Alonso to muscle in. A little ambitious at the start but he made a remarkable recovery from 18th to 7th.

dpatt
23rd October 2007, 14:48
Lewis Hamilton has been great in his start in F1, I am confident he will one day be WDC. I cannot recall any other driver given a seat in a top two team in their first year, he has made great use of the opportunity, and he is a great talent.
I never want a rookie to win the WDC; I like to see the F1 pilots earn their stripes; all the other greats have had to do so. Long live the death of a one sided championship.
What better could happen to F1 than more than two drivers fight for the championship?
What better than the predicted result at the start of the season in Kimi winning easily; was the need for him to do it in the last race as the underdog, Lewis Hamilton and his team mate Fernando Alonso provide a fantastic spectacle.
The new blood including Lewis Hamilton has helped F1 move on from the MS era, as MS did from Ayrton Senna and the long list behind them. A new rivalry involving more than one adversary is what we all want.
Good luck to all

raikk
24th October 2007, 06:01
an awesome year from a world class force all pulled into one man named Lewis Hamilton... Can't wait till next year! Hope Mclaren will be competative!