PDA

View Full Version : KABC 7 is prempting the race for the Malibu fire coverage

Rex Monaco
21st October 2007, 18:58
While all the other local stations are prempting paid advertising, KABC is prempting a CHASE RACE for minute by minute pontification of a fire in Malibu.

News flash, all your rich TV buddies will be ok and it doesn't effect any of us poor people living on the flatlands who want to watch a race!!

At least KTTV Fox 11 isn't prempting football. I really see no reason why ABC needs to go minute by minute. Break into the race with updates, run a scroll at the bottom. BUT SHOW US THE RACE!!

They did this once during the Indy 500 for a small earthquake.

Yet another reason why races should be shown on cable and not broadcast TV.

Rex Monaco
21st October 2007, 19:03
I just went to the KABC website to find a email address to write a complaint, and they are showing the race on their 24 hour local digital cable channel. It's a good thing I got digital cable recently!

Jonesi
21st October 2007, 23:50
Well that's a lot better than the opposite we had here in San Diego. At about 11:30 I started smelling smoke (from what is probably the Witch Creek Fire about 15 miles away.) KGTV didn't put a news crawl up for about 2 1/2 hours, and about an hour after the other local channels broke away for news updates.
We're probably safe here and have two miles of built up suburbia between us & the hills, so we should get enough notice if we have to get out.

Jonesi
24th October 2007, 01:02
I'm back sort of. We had to evacute at 4am. Went to a relative's until about 2:30pm they said to leave there. Went to Qualcomm, nice place to visit, but you don't want to live there. ;-) Back to relatives place now and maybe home tomorrow. Fire was stopped about 1/2 from there, if winds stay down should be ok. At 1am on Monday I went outside, the winds were about 60mph and the moon was blacked out from the smoke from 12 miles away.

Well that's a lot better than the opposite we had here in San Diego. At about 11:30 I started smelling smoke (from what is probably the Witch Creek Fire about 15 miles away.) KGTV didn't put a news crawl up for about 2 1/2 hours, and about an hour after the other local channels broke away for news updates.
We're probably safe here and have two miles of built up suburbia between us & the hills, so we should get enough notice if we have to get out.

#6CupFan
25th October 2007, 17:35
Jonesi, I hope all is well at your home and community.

The images on the news are heartbreaking and devastating. The loss of a home, possesions, and community, though some replaceable, is something unimaginable. Rich or not.

Wish you all the best Jonesi.