PDA

View Full Version : bernie says drivers should have had points and Mac favoritism impoosible to determine

markabilly
21st October 2007, 16:42
points LOST for drivers??

From BBC radio, it appears bernei has not been listening or reading my posts, and worse, has not watched Godfather--"never tell someone outside the family what you are thinking"

Geeassa

"If McLaren were favouring one driver I doubt whether we would ever find out, it's that easy. There are a million things people could do if they wanted to favour one driver.

"I was campaigning for them not to take points from drivers,"

"Max was probably right, actually. If the team had an advantage, therefore the drivers had an advantage. And should they have an advantage? The answer is no.

"He is right on the regulations. The regulations say if the car loses points, the driver loses points as well."

BDunnell
21st October 2007, 17:00
That is utterly confusing; just like what he's just said to Martin Brundle on the ITV coverage.

Simmo666
21st October 2007, 17:02
Bernie told ITV he'd like to see Alonso win because it would be good for Formula 1, talked for a while, then said he'd like Lewis to win. I'm not sure he knows what he wants any more.

Rollo
21st October 2007, 18:26
"If McLaren were favouring one driver I doubt whether we would ever find out, it's that easy. There are a million things people could do if they wanted to favour one driver.
[/I]

How about knobbling an engine so that it would run under less than reliable terms mid-race?

ioan
21st October 2007, 19:35
points LOST for drivers??

From BBC radio, it appears bernei has not been listening or reading my posts, and worse, has not watched Godfather--"never tell someone outside the family what you are thinking"

Geeassa

"I was campaigning for them not to take points from drivers,"

"Max was probably right, actually. If the team had an advantage, therefore the drivers had an advantage. And should they have an advantage? The answer is no.

"He is right on the regulations. The regulations say if the car loses points, the driver loses points as well."

He's saying the obvious, but only when it's too late.

F1boat
21st October 2007, 19:37
Bernie should be happy, he has a story, more thrilling and touching than a Hollywood movie.

BDunnell
21st October 2007, 19:41
He's saying the obvious, but only when it's too late.

I don't see what's 'obvious' about that statement. He seems to put across two different opinions, just as he did when interviewed earlier about who he wanted to win the championship.

Daniel
21st October 2007, 19:46
No he didn't not not say what i thought he didn't say definitely not.

ioan
21st October 2007, 19:50
I don't see what's 'obvious' about that statement. He seems to put across two different opinions, just as he did when interviewed earlier about who he wanted to win the championship.

He said he was the one who campaigned against Max's will to take away also the drivers points when they punished McLaren for cheating. But he believe that actually Max was right.
Of course Max was right but it wasn't the profitable alternative.

BeansBeansBeans
21st October 2007, 19:55
He said he was the one who campaigned against Max's will to take away also the drivers points when they punished McLaren for cheating. But he believe that actually Max was right.

Well Ioan, neither McLaren driver became Champion in the end, so you can safely all your tiresome conspiracy theories to rest. I'd love to have seen the reaction on here had Alonso's car cut out mysteriously during the race.

Hmmm...

ioan
21st October 2007, 20:04
Well Ioan, neither McLaren driver became Champion in the end, so you can safely all your tiresome conspiracy theories to rest.

Bernie talk? :rolleyes: :p :

BDunnell
21st October 2007, 20:23

But then Bernie says that Max was right about the regulations. He contradicts himself directly. I'm sure there is method in this madness, but I can't work it out.

Anyway, I, like BBB says above, have had enough of all the conspiracy rubbish to last a lifetime, so I feel it's about time for everyone to give it a rest once and for all.

markabilly
21st October 2007, 20:56
But then Bernie says that Max was right about the regulations. He contradicts himself directly. I'm sure there is method in this madness, but I can't work it out.

Anyway, I, like BBB says above, have had enough of all the conspiracy rubbish to last a lifetime, so I feel it's about time for everyone to give it a rest once and for all.

Yeah Ioan, cut it out...

Just cause Benrie says he says "campaigning" against taking away points does NOT mean he was "conspiring" against taking away points......there is a clear difference between the two...give me a year or so, and i will figure out the difference....maybe.... :rolleyes:

Benrie says Max was right, but Bernie "campaigned" anyway ..."I am sure there is method in this madness, but I can not work it out"......of course not, otherwise one is left with the conclusion that everyone was "campaigning" together.....right from the mouth of Benie...for the monetary good of Benie..I mean....the sport..... :D

I can't see said the blind man...Thus endth thus