PDA

View Full Version : Honda inALMS GT-1

trumperZ06
21st October 2007, 14:52
:D An article in the current issue of Autoweek's magazine reports that Honda is considering racing the replacement for the NSX Sports Car when it hits the marketplace.

The car could also fly the Acura flag at the 24 hours of Le Mans.

Good news... if true. Now if Aston Martin returns, as well as the Maserati... maybe Corvette's C-6R team will remain in the ALMS series.

Sleeper
21st October 2007, 20:11
Its a possibility, but I think it all depends on what happens with the LMP1 rules for 2010/11.

wedge
26th October 2007, 14:12
I think they're more likely to keep the Acura name in ALMS and use Honda for LM.

I remember the Honda F1 drivers had Acura decals on their visors in North America.

jslone
26th October 2007, 19:10
If they do run the NSX badge in GT,it should be in GT1,it will bring more competition to the series,as for 2010/11 all teams will have to comply to the rules.

Sleeper
27th October 2007, 19:29
If they do run the NSX badge in GT,it should be in GT1,it will bring more competition to the series,as for 2010/11 all teams will have to comply to the rules.
Are you kidding? A year ago it was odds on that Honda would step up to LMP1 in 09, now they're not so sure because of the anouncment the ACO made at Le MAns this year, regarding the new bread of LMP's being based on road cars, or something like that anyway. No ones quite sure whats happening and uncertainty doesnt bring in the manufacturers.

jslone
28th October 2007, 02:58
Which name will they use,Acura is already in LMP2,but which name will they and can they use?