PDA

View Full Version : lola

bubster1982
19th October 2007, 08:41
who is buying the new lola coupe

Claus Hansen
26th October 2007, 16:56
I cant see anyone bying it, sadly, it looks great, but if it no is faster than an opentop, there's no reason to buy it, and with no byers to prove it, its never gonna happen... And a Porsche is still faster, and an Aucra too...

harvick#1
26th October 2007, 17:58
I'm sure it will be the teams that use the lola chassis will be getting them, but the lola does show speed, Charouz racing was constantly fighting with Pescarolo for the best of non-diesal car BS in the races.

than in ALMS, Porsche and Acura really need to leave P2 and move to P1, P2 is for Privateers, not Factory teams. if Privateers want to buy the chassis to run P2 than fine.

Sleeper
27th October 2007, 19:32
I'd like to see RML, ASM or Charouze running the car, the Loa engineers seem to think its going to be something special, and Audi and Peugeot beater. Cant see it dong well in the ALMS except at Sebring, Road America and Road Atlanta were the Audi's were ahead of the LMP2's anyway, most American tracks seem to favour LMP2 over 1.

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2008, 17:50
It looks like the czech Charouz team will announce a V12 Aston-Martin powered Lola coupe for this season LMS !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

According to italian magazine Racingworld a huge announcement will be made at the 2008 Birmingham Autosport on 10th january and strongest rumours are about a Charouz Lola powered by Aston Martin V12... :D

Stay tuned on http://www.autosport-international.com

That would be absolutely fantastic news !!! :bounce:

harvick#1
3rd January 2008, 18:55
I cant see anyone bying it, sadly, it looks great, but if it no is faster than an opentop, there's no reason to buy it, and with no byers to prove it, its never gonna happen... And a Porsche is still faster, and an Aucra too...

after some readings from some sites, the lola coupe maybe the best P2 car soon, the Lola group feels it can be the Spyder killer and be a great car, they feel it has great uprising in the future

Claus Hansen
3rd January 2008, 21:22
A Lola beating a Spyder, you gotta be kidding, Harvick#1

It would be great, dont get me wrong, but no way thats gonna happen !!!

Tom206wrc
4th January 2008, 12:30
Aston-Martin driver Tomas Enge joins countryman Jan Charouz team !!! It smells more and more an Aston-Martin program in LMS LMP1 Lola coupé this year !!! :)

Can't wait :bounce:

harvick#1
4th January 2008, 14:47
looks more and more then Aston and Corvette get to battle now in a new class, as GM will prolly bring the Vette to P1 when the new rules are enforced

Scuderia ferrari
5th January 2008, 23:34
It looks like the czech Charouz team will announce a V12 Aston-Martin powered Lola coupe for this season LMS !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

According to italian magazine Racingworld a huge announcement will be made at the 2008 Birmingham Autosport on 10th january and strongest rumours are about a Charouz Lola powered by Aston Martin V12... :D

Stay tuned on http://www.autosport-international.com

That would be absolutely fantastic news !!! :bounce:

I'm prolly going to that. If there is anything, and if i can get amongst the crowd, i'll try and take some pictures of it.

Sleeper
6th January 2008, 13:24
In this weeks Autosport there is a report that an LMP1 and an LMP2 coupe has been sold. The source doesnt say who has bought them, but that a statement is due soon.

Tom206wrc
7th January 2008, 08:27
In this weeks Autosport there is a report that an LMP1 and an LMP2 coupe has been sold. The source doesnt say who has bought them, but that a statement is due soon.

More and more exciting !!! :D :bounce:

harvick#1
7th January 2008, 14:33
Charouz Racing and Sebah Racing / Speedy Racing are the one rumored for the Lola Coupe

Tom206wrc
8th January 2008, 12:53
According to the Ten-Tenths forum Prodrive/Aston-Martin should make an announcement at the Autosport-International Birmingham on thursday !! Let's hope it has to do with Lola or another LMP1 project !! :)

Scuderia ferrari
8th January 2008, 22:27
Seriously hope to hear some good excited and juicy news from this soon. I'm just amagining what a Aston/Lola coupe would look like.

i don't expect to see the car racing anytime this year. I mean, look at the peugeot? They had like what? A year of development.

Maybe Charouz will run the Lola Coupe car this year and next year run the Aston-Lola coupe.

Looking back in Le Mans history, it wouldn't be the first time an Aston-Lola car was run. In 1967 there was a Lola Aston Martin called the T 70.

Tom206wrc
9th January 2008, 12:06
Wrong S_F !! Peugeot had far less than one year developpment when entering the 908s in LMS for the first time !!! :D

Tom206wrc
9th January 2008, 16:27
First pic of the car that'll be presented tomorrow !!! :D

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/products/173231/autosport-show-2008.html

We don't see many thing, but it looks the cabin/cockpit is on the center of the car :confused:

Rover V8
10th January 2008, 08:16
Definitely this year- full LMS and Le Mans- drivers to be Charouz, Mucke and Enge- apparently the drivers are contracted to Aston itself, rather than the team and the team will have support from Prodrive/Aston engineers at events. Does this smell like a low-key start for a full works effort.....?

Tom206wrc
10th January 2008, 08:56
FANTASTIC !!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Charouz team becomes my favourite for the best gasoline/privateer team in LMS/Le Mans :D

Tom206wrc
10th January 2008, 11:47
Official press release !!! :bounce:

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=4713&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Tom206wrc
10th January 2008, 14:11
http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_Le_Mans/00_Presentation_Lola_B08_60.jpg

Not better looking than the 908... :p :

Unless Charouz works on a nice colour livery... :rolleyes:

harvick#1
10th January 2008, 15:06
what a thing of beauty :s mokin:

one of the best looking coupes

Tom206wrc
10th January 2008, 15:31
Isn't it a bit a shame for the Ford Group that Aston-Martin has a big exciting program when they are independent with owner having less financial/technical possibilities(Prodrive)than with previous owner ??? :confused:

Scuderia ferrari
10th January 2008, 20:17
Wow!

What an amazing car, i really like it and can't wait for it to be a peugeot, audi, pescarolo/saulnier and orceca/courage beater!

harvick#1
11th January 2008, 06:22
audi beater, that will never happen, unless Bentley wants to run Lemans again with help from the factory back Audi team, leaving only privateers to try and win.

but the car looks very promising and can't wait to see it on the track, also very nice to see they didn't change their design because the Syper was one sweet ride and the Coupe looks just as nice

Tom206wrc
11th January 2008, 08:30
It won't beat Peugeot neither if it can't beat Audi :p :

harvick#1
12th January 2008, 06:20
well, it won't beat any diesal, unless IMSA and ACO give the Gas powered cars more. they did alittle this year, but Pescarolo said it best, now instead of being 5 seconds slower a lap, now they will be 3 seconds slower :mark:

Tom206wrc
15th January 2008, 13:16
It's official, swiss Speedy-Sebah team will run the Lola Coupe in LMP2 class, with a Judd engine !! ;)

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=4741&mode=&order=0&thold=0