PDA

View Full Version : Info about official F1 year-in-review videos

seamusoldfield
19th October 2007, 06:13
First off, don't tell me to "just download them" somewhere, I want to buy the discs. :)

I have all the year-in-review videos from 1987 to 2000 and I'm slowly hunting down the newer ones on DVD. I just ordered years 2003-2006 on DVD, which is wonderful because all my old ones are on tape!

So, anyway. I'm not finding years 2001 and 2002 anywhere. I know they began putting the reviews on DVD for the 2000 season, but 2001 and 2002 appear to be difficult to find. No eBay, no Half.com, no Deep Discount DVD, no Amazon - what gives?

Did they press these onto DVD, are they still tape only - does anyone know? Does anyone care?

I live in the States and would need Region 1 DVDs/tapes. Thanks for any help you can give.

Cozzie
19th October 2007, 06:28
Hi,
official Formula One reviews (those distributed by Duke and made up of Bernie's cameras) began in 1981 on video and all those from 1981-2002 at this stage are still only available on video. The first of the DVD releases came about in 2003, the 2000 F1 review (titled Formula One 2000: official licensed product World Championship Review) is an interactive DVD featuring a wide range of camera options and is not part of what we consider to be the official F1 DVD series.
Hope this helps :)

seamusoldfield
19th October 2007, 06:35
Ah, so the 2000 version is not what we're used to from Duke. Cool, thanks for that info. So if I want 2001 and 2002, I still have to find them on tape, huh? Dang, they seem to be pretty hard to come by and tape just, well, kinda sucks.

rohanweb
19th October 2007, 06:40
any free links to F1 DVD torrents please?
i cant afford to buy them..just too expensive for me ;)

wmcot
19th October 2007, 06:51
Not to mention that the older reviews are nearly impossible to find (especially in NTSC format.)

seamusoldfield
20th October 2007, 17:24
Yes, the older videos are difficult to come by. I went through quite a process to get mine. Way back when (before the Internet) in 1992, I called Duke directly and spoke a really sweet woman there. She said that, for an extra fee, they would transfer the PAL tapes to NTSC format. I gave her my order (3 seasons) and my credit card number, and many, many weeks later they arrived at my door. I can't remember the cost, but it wasn't cheap. My girlfriend at the time thought I was insane. I'm eagerly awaiting receiving the last three seasons, on DVD, delivered to my door. I'm not looking forward to hunting down the 2001 and 2002 seasons . . .